Wheellog app not vibrating

US69

The last 2 weeks i now have used the wheellog App sometimes (normaly IOS darkness...)

def best app on android!

But:

I have the problem that the speed alarm vibrating does not function.

I have set all 3 speed alarms proberly, also set the button „allow the phone....“ etc etc

But only very seldom, perhaps one ride out of 15, the vibrating works...All other times it just doesnt.

Someone has an idea what is wrong? Someone else experiencing that?

I don't ride with the app very often, but when I did I got the vibration maybe 2 or 3 different times.  This is ninebot, so might be different, but it seemed to only vibrate when too much power requested, like a very hard braking. :unsure:  Maybe it only vibrates from too fast acceleration/deceleration?

5 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I don't ride with the app very often, but when I did I got the vibration maybe 2 or 3 different times.  This is ninebot, so might be different, but it seemed to only vibrate when too much power requested, like a very hard braking. :unsure:  Maybe it only vibrates from too fast acceleration/deceleration?

You can adjust 3 different speed and battery alarms plus an amperage alarm.

But my prob is the app doesn’t trigger the vibration at all....just very seldom it works, but i did not found out why.

The abilitie to adjust different speed alarms is/would be the main reason for me to use wheellog...but exactly this doesnt work now ..

18 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

But my prob is the app doesn’t trigger the vibration at all....just very seldom it works, but i did not found out why.

The abilitie to adjust different speed alarms is/would be the main reason for me to use wheellog...but exactly this doesnt work now ..

I'm sorry, I don't have Wheelog, only Ninebot app.  I was thinking they work the same way.  But Wheelog and Ninebot app both make the phone vibrate.  I don't know what makes the phone vibrate.  Too much power asked is what I am thinking.:confused1:

4 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

I need to do a short write-up on how the speed alarms work. It's not what you may think.

However, the Amps alarm does trigger as you would expect. Have you tried the Amps with a low value, and it still does not buzz?

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I need to do a short write-up on how the speed alarms work. It's not what you may think.

However, the Amps alarm does trigger as you would expect. Have you tried the Amps with a low value, and it still does not buzz?

nope, didnt check the amp related alarm....

Didnt the speed alarms work just like you go over a certain speed, then the phone (or watch) vibrates?

What are they meant to do then?

8 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

nope, didnt check the amp related alarm....

Didnt the speed alarms work just like you go over a certain speed, then the phone (or watch) vibrates?

What are they meant to do then?

Maybe tomorrow I'll get some time to write an Alarm How-to. They are not configured like you think they would be. That's why it appears not to be working.

But, please set the Amp alarm to a low value. That will confirm that the vibration feature is working reliably for you. Then we can configure the speed alarms.

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Maybe tomorrow I'll get some time to write an Alarm How-to. They are not configured like you think they would be. That's why it appears not to be working.

But, please set the Amp alarm to a low value. That will confirm that the vibration feature is working reliably for you. Then we can configure the speed alarms.

Yes, please, waiting for it...

I allready said that the vibration feature is working...i have set the first speed alarm for testing to a specific value, and as soon as the speed was reached (on some rides) it triggered the vibration....

But if you say they are related to something else, then NOW i would  guess they are related to the „3 high speed-to low battery“ alarms which GW has..which would mean they only go of under a specific battery value...

I will wait for your write up :-)

6 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Yes, please, waiting for it...

I allready said that the vibration feature is working...i have set the first speed alarm for testing to a specific value, and as soon as the speed was reached (on some rides) it triggered the vibration....

Can you do me a favor, and tell me what you have the Speed and Battery values set to for each of the 3 alarms. This will help me to understand exactly how you have it mis-configured (assuming that you do). Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Can you do me a favor, and tell me what you have the Speed and Battery values set to for each of the 3 alarms. This will help me to understand exactly how you have it mis-configured (assuming that you do). Thanks.

I have done for test something like

1 20

2 25

3 30

You know, i come from darkness Bot app, which has a „real“ speed alarm....you set a value, 40 for example and if you go over it, your phone vibrates and warns you. (no matter how your battery is)

I get it now that those 3 alarms are battery related and go with the set battery value....

I would now assume that one of my set alarms was only triggered when my battery was under a certain percentage.....

23 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I have done for test something like

1 20

2 25

3 30

You know, i come from darkness Bot app, which has a „real“ speed alarm....you set a value, 40 for example and if you go over it, your phone vibrates and warns you. (no matter how your battery is)

I get it now that those 3 alarms are battery related and go with the set battery value....

I would now assume that one of my set alarms was only triggered when my battery was under a certain percentage.....

Remember, I asked you for the Speed AND Battery settings.

Since I'm still awake and have nothing else to do, here's the secret formula :D

Each alarm has a Speed and Battery level that work together.

First you enter the speed that you want the alarm to trigger at. For example, 40kph for Alarm 1 (the highest speed alarm). Next you enter the Battery level that enables the Alarm. When the Battery level drops below the value that you enter, the alarm is enabled.

Isn't that very obvious? :facepalm:

My first Alarm is set to 40kph with the Battery at 100. This means my 40kph Alarm is always enabled because the battery is always below 100.

If you want another speed alarm when your battery is low, do something like this. Set Alarm 2 Speed to 25kph and the battery to 40. Now, whenever your battery is below 40% the phone will buzz when you exceed 25-kph.

You can send me a check in the mail :lol:

I will gladly send you a check. It sounds simple now but the learning curve you went through to understand the idiosyncrasies of the app took time.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge. 

57 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Isn't that very obvious?

Like allready said:

When you are coming from an app which functions the otherway, its not...

And thanx for the detailed xplanation, while directly as you ask for batterie settings i allready got it myself...

Before i thought that speed and battery where unrelated, and that you would have 3 speed alarms alone, and 3 battery alarms alone....

Obviously not :whistling:

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I will gladly send you a check. It sounds simple now but the learning curve you went through to understand the idiosyncrasies of the app took time.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge. 

Thanks. The alarms never seemed to work for me. I finally got frustrated enough that I dedicated some time to figuring out how this damn app works :D

It's not just the Chinese who don't like to write documentation worth reading. Apparently the author of this app doesn't either.:huh:

Archived