Kingsong 18S or wait for Kingsong 18L?

Siggy

I'm a taller and heavier rider. So looking to switch from my V8 to something more suitable for my size.

I have a price range and want to keep with a safe and reliable brand. It would be InMotion/Solowheel but they don't have anything powerful enough right now.

Kingsong is my next option. 

Is it better to wait for the 18L or buy the 18s?

Also if you purchase the 18s 840w can you upgrade the battery later?

Finally, are their any discounts for forum members @Justina at electricunicycles.eu or @Jason McNeil at ewheels 

Reach out to resellers, introduce yourself and present your needs.  

Looking for ‘discounts’?  Go on Amazon/internet/Ali and shop/compare prices and go w lowest?

I prefer to establish a working relationship w the guys that have the balls to help us get our euc fix.  I saw my options as Jason or the NYC guy (Dimetre?).  Both where good communicators and ultimately my decision came down to the positive vibes the folks on this forum have towards Jason.  Maybe he gives Marty a deep discount?

Wait or not?  Nobody really knows that answer except you.  So many variables w these things.  I get the feeling we are in the left side of curve.  Early-ish adopters.  

There will always be another model in the works.  I would go w what is proven vs the unknown but that’s how I try to mitigate my risk.  You may think differently and are certainly free to do so.

My bottom line advice is to find somebody who will offer assistance after the purchase.  That is worth paying for for some things and not for others.  Electric unicycles made in China?  Odds are you will need to have a good working relationship w your reseller or a Phillips head screw driver, ohm meter, a soldering iron, and the ability/desire to tinker.

A smart man once told me ‘sometimes you gotta buy what you want, not what you need’.  I am the proud owner of a kick ass king song 18s that I’ve put 500k on in a month. I’m 200lbs and I get about 35 miles out of 80% of what I consider the ‘usable’ charge cycle.

hope that helps!

Inmotion are coming out with something new this year but we don't have any info about it yet annoyingly. 

I recently got an 18S in addition to my V8 and I'm very pleased with it. Its a bit odd to ride initial because of the tall case but i do really like it. If I'm going somewhere with a lot of people i still prefer the V8 because of its agility.

23 hours ago, Siggy said:

I'm a taller and heavier rider. So looking to switch from my V8 to something more suitable for my size.

I have a price range and want to keep with a safe and reliable brand. It would be InMotion/Solowheel but they don't have anything powerful enough right now.

Kingsong is my next option. 

Is it better to wait for the 18L or buy the 18s?

Also if you purchase the 18s 840w can you upgrade the battery later?

Finally, are their any discounts for forum members @Justina at electricunicycles.eu or @Jason McNeil at ewheels 

For taller and heavier riders the 18S is ideal...

I own a Ks18s, now 2000km, and owned a Ks18 with same mileage before.

Both were my daily workhorses (18S szill is) and worked flawless, the 18S just better in all belongings.....

Yes, you can upgrade the 18S 840wh later...but that makes it more expensive, its always cheaper to buy the battery if its directly inside the wheel.

The 18L -is only arriving mid-end april in europe....i would bring it down to the question if you prefer the round wheel style with trolley.

It will be a bit more powerfull and agile than the 18S...but there will be no 1600wh version in the foreseeable future.

On 3/10/2018 at 9:21 PM, KingSong69 said:

For taller and heavier riders the 18S is ideal...

I own a Ks18s, now 2000km, and owned a Ks18 with same mileage before.

Both were my daily workhorses (18S szill is) and worked flawless, the 18S just better in all belongings.....

Yes, you can upgrade the 18S 840wh later...but that makes it more expensive, its always cheaper to buy the battery if its directly inside the wheel.

The 18L -is only arriving mid-end april in europe....i would bring it down to the question if you prefer the round wheel style with trolley.

It will be a bit more powerfull and agile than the 18S...but there will be no 1600wh version in the foreseeable future.

Thanks for this KingSong.

Decided to hold out for 18L - Will check reviews.

Other upside is 18S prices should go down.

Double whammy!

On 3/10/2018 at 4:43 PM, Holt said:

Reach out to resellers, introduce yourself and present your needs.  

Looking for ‘discounts’?  Go on Amazon/internet/Ali and shop/compare prices and go w lowest?

I prefer to establish a working relationship w the guys that have the balls to help us get our euc fix.  I saw my options as Jason or the NYC guy (Dimetre?).  Both where good communicators and ultimately my decision came down to the positive vibes the folks on this forum have towards Jason.  Maybe he gives Marty a deep discount?

Wait or not?  Nobody really knows that answer except you.  So many variables w these things.  I get the feeling we are in the left side of curve.  Early-ish adopters.  

There will always be another model in the works.  I would go w what is proven vs the unknown but that’s how I try to mitigate my risk.  You may think differently and are certainly free to do so.

My bottom line advice is to find somebody who will offer assistance after the purchase.  That is worth paying for for some things and not for others.  Electric unicycles made in China?  Odds are you will need to have a good working relationship w your reseller or a Phillips head screw driver, ohm meter, a soldering iron, and the ability/desire to tinker.

A smart man once told me ‘sometimes you gotta buy what you want, not what you need’.  I am the proud owner of a kick ass king song 18s that I’ve put 500k on in a month. I’m 200lbs and I get about 35 miles out of 80% of what I consider the ‘usable’ charge cycle.

hope that helps!

Dope solid advice! Especially known knowns vs unknown unknowns

What size 18s are you riding btw

• 4 months later...

I own both KS18S and KS18L. Love being able to sit down while riding KS18S, a feature is much appreciated when those feet are tired after standing for 30 minutes. Aside from the lift sensor issue, hopefully KS will come out with a fix, the KS18L is a great wheel too. Riding it feels like on a Cadillac--solid, well-built machine. Both are advisable for long distance, any distance over an hour. 

• 5 months later...

Archived