18" Gotway and KS wheels, parts interchangeability

Will

The 18" Gotway and Kingsong wheels have become my favorite.  I'm curious how much part swapping can be done among the MsuperV3 67 and 84 volt models and KS18A, AY, and S models.  Motors, control boards, etc.  Perhaps there are some threads with this info and you could give the right keyword to get me there....

For instance:

Can a Gotway motor and pedal hangers be modded to fit the KS case and vice versa? 

Can KS motors be powered with Gotway mainboards and vice versa?

Are Gotway 67 and 84v models using the same motor so can operate them at either voltage?

Any hints are appreciated.  I have not yet had these wheels apart enough, hoping to have some insight.

Will

18 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

You forgot ‘Why’. ;)

For the fun of it!  This guy used parts from 3 to make one.  But the controller and motor were from the same wheel, so this doesn't answer the question of using a different control board with the motor, only different shell and batteries.

12 minutes ago, steve454 said:

For the fun of it!  This guy used parts from 3 to make one.  But the controller and motor were from the same wheel, so this doesn't answer the question of using a different control board with the motor, only different shell and batteries.

Interesting. Thanks. The guy appears to be staying close to home as he shot the video in the same location over and over again. Probably concerned his Frankenstein might go berserk. :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Interesting. Thanks. The guy appears to be staying close to home as he shot the video in the same location over and over again. Probably concerned his Frankenstein might go berserk. :wacko:

Lol. You see the video that’s qued up after this one . It’s joeys Max. That’s a pretty cool Frankenwheel too!

2 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Lol. You see the video that’s qued up after this one . It’s joeys Max. That’s a pretty cool Frankenwheel too!

Yeah, he grafted a Honda rim to an IPS to make that.  He's some kind of mechanical genius.:blink1:

4 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Off road warrior? That’s Joey? 

6 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Yeah, he grafted a Honda rim to an IPS to make that.  He's some kind of mechanical genius.:blink1:

Yeah. Joey definitely has skills when it comes to fabrication. 

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Off road warrior? That’s Joey? 

Yeah . The Max . Posted by all day wheel. That’s Joey’s.

1 minute ago, Scott Henley said:

Yeah. Joey definitely has skills when it comes to fabrication. 

Yeah . The Max . Posted by all day wheel. That’s Joey . 

:confused1:

Archived