ACM - High Speed Shut off. (Wipe out)

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

I just said that it was fixed for the old wheels...with older firmware.

What i can garantee -for the new wheels- is that it is not an amperage related alarm.

Just one getting down with the battery charge. „power =amperage available“ is on all battery charge the same.....

Unfortunately I don't understand what you've written. The Tesla 3rd alarm is not fixed speed related. You say it's not current. Then what is it? If it has anything to do with power then it can ultimately related to current.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Regarding your Velcro loosing it’s sticking power is there any lint building up in the hook portion. Is so a simple wire brush works great to remove any debris.

I just received my flexmeters two days ago.  Their size chart sucks. The larger size arrives today. 

I'm going to try the wire brush.  Now you have me worried about the flexmeters!  :o  I ordered mine today and returns won't be possible.  I'm usually a large in everything and figure I should probably be safe.  I realized when ordering the flexmeters that you can develop a feeling of attachment to your wrist guards if they've seen you through some falls.  I'm going to be glad to have both pairs.    

There was a really good ebay coupon that I wanted to use for a bigger ticket piece of safety gear like a full face helmet, but I couldn't find something that I thought was a reasonable deal.  T

Something I don't think I appreciated before my most recent spill is the subtle way it can affect your confidence.  It was only tonight, close to a week later, that I found I was feeling more comfortable again on the wheel.    

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Unfortunately I don't understand what you've written. The Tesla 3rd alarm is not fixed speed related. You say it's not current. Then what is it? If it has anything to do with power then it can ultimately related to current.

It is related to percentage/voltage of battery. 

High speed riding is not current related....

5 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

It is related to percentage/voltage of battery. 

High speed riding is not current related....

Which of course is related to current, albeit in a slightly indirect manner. Current, voltage, power. They are directly related. But I don't want to get into a discussion that will take us deeply into the weeds.

I'm curious, do you have some direct knowledge of how they implement their firmware for the 3rd alarm. You seem so confident.

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Which of course is related to current, albeit in a slightly indirect manner. Current, voltage, power. They are directly related. But I don't want to get into a discussion that will take us deeply into the weeds.

I'm curious, do you have some direct knowledge of how they implement their firmware for the 3rd alarm. You seem so confident.

Has nothing todo with insights.

Sure: Power is voltage*current. Then we just used different terms.

But highspeed riding is just nothing that is high current related...

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It's a snack alert... Telling you that it's time to stop for some Fat Unicyclist replenishment!

2 hours ago, mezzanine said:

I ordered mine today and returns won't be possible

So the Ebay seller refuses returns? You should be fine with large unless you have ungodly huge hands. ;) That is why I like Amazon. No questions asked. The UPS driver picked up the return pair 2 days ago  and the new larger size arrived yesterday.

Funny. I usually ship any EUC related stuff to my office because of my wife’s displeasure of my hobby. This time it was shipped to my home. I had to carefully sneak the new Flexometers downstairs to try them on.   :ph34r: They fit awesome.  I’m thinking of adding a simple black leather or  Dacron pull tab to the upper shell for easy of donning. Putting the right guard on with my left arm was unbearable.

22 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

So the Ebay seller refuses returns? You should be fine with large unless you have ungodly huge hands. ;) That is why I like Amazon. No questions asked. The UPS driver picked up the return pair 2 days ago  and the new larger size arrived yesterday.

Funny. I usually ship any EUC related stuff to my office because of my wife’s displeasure of my hobby. This time it was shipped to my home. I had to carefully sneak the new Flexometers downstairs to try them on.   :ph34r: They fit awesome.  I’m thinking of adding a simple black leather or  Dacron pull tab to the upper shell for easy of donning. Putting the right guard on with my left arm was unbearable.

That will get easier though!

My international courier dropped off a pair of Flexmeters along with my "performance casual" S&S gear... So many choices now...

On 3/8/2018 at 4:20 PM, Questor said:

The second photo is my knee now. It's all scar tissue and I doubt hair will ever grow there again.

Nah. Hair will grow there again.  I did both my knees just like that in a powered paragliding aborted takeoff, about 12 years back.  I just examined my knees, there's hair there.  Oh and my girlfriend just reminded me it didn't stop me "porking her" as she puts it.  yeah, but only on my back, which was fine....less work and more comfortable :D

Showing off and racing on an EUC have much higher percentages of wrecking than just doing your regular ride.  It's easy to avoid showing off,  just imagine yourself sprawled across the street, bleeding, in front of the people you are showing off to.  That should stop you in your tracks. 

Just riding these things is plenty cool/showing off to most people, we don't have to add any extra danger to the equation.

14 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Oh and my girlfriend just reminded me it didn't stop me "porking her" as she puts it.  yeah, but only on my back, which was fine....less work and more comfortable :D

This is the very first thing I read when I woke up this morning . Before the news , before my briefing, he’ll before I even ate breakfast. ? Thank you @Smoother You’ve started my day off with a good laugh . 

On 3/8/2018 at 6:55 PM, Charles McLean said:

Yep, I learned that lesson this past Monday while taking a leisurely ride around my neighborhood.  I wasn't paying attention, and was just staring off into the distance enjoying the view and came around a corner and hit a speed bump at about 15 mph and went flying through the air.  This picture is 24 hours later, after a good cleaning and a bunch of Neosporin.  Knees are a little banged up, and right elbow took a little beating, but all-in-all I'm no worse for the wear and still riding around (albeit with a bunch of band-aids).  The kicker is I just got through with a long ride with full gear on Monday and got home and just decided I'd take a quick spin around the block before heading inside.  Oh the irony.  It's the one time you don't wear your gear ...

MVIMG_20180306_085709.thumb.jpg.f0393934dda5c4049f23ef43db6ef3bc.jpg

That looks like my hands, except I probably had twice the amount of skin missing on both palms.  Heal up quickly.

Archived