Newbie trying to buy a EUC

Sage Shukla

Hey fellow EUC riders 

Sage here !! well as you guys can see I want to buy a EUC and I am supper confused with all these brands and prices and aghh. CONFUSED!!

Well I have saved up to $ 500 USD but i can afford a EUC for up to $1000. Some of the unicycles I liked were the Ninebot one e+ and the king song (forgot the model) and the Airwheel x8. I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me decided on EUC and the list is not limited to the brands stated above. Ohh and one more thing I am planing to keep this EUC for about 5 years so yeah no upgrades for 5 years so please give suggestions keeping that in mind .

And the stuff I am looking for in a EUC

1) Good Milage 

2) Can climb a moderately steep hill about 22 degrees to 27 degrees

3) Something I can afford 1000 USD max

4) Sturdy

5) Point "1)"

AND THANKS IN ADWANCE

I own both the X8 and the Ninebot One E+.  I learned on the X8.  But after having the NB1 E+ for some time I realize that the Airwheel X8 is just a toy by comparison.  I'm just giving my personal opinion here.  If you plan to keep it for 5 years then you will not be satisfied with the X8.  The speed is limited at too slow a setting and the constant beeping, beeping, beeping and tilt-back will drive you insane.  It took me a long time riding the Airwheel X8 to ever experience tilt-back and beeping.  But now, after riding for 6 months experience, and riding both the X8 and the NB1 E+, there really is no comparison.  Once you are an experienced rider you will be glad you chose the NB1 E+ over the Airwheel X8.  They are not in the same league.  I heard one poster refer to the NB1 as the 'BMW' of the wheels.  That is about right.  It will never be the fastest one, but it has a lot of nice features and is certainly stylish. 

I have no experience with the King Song at all.  But my reading here says that there are many people very enthusiastic about it.  To me it also looks attractive. 

But of these 3 of which you spoke, the Airwheel X8 does not belong on the same list as the other two.  From an experienced X8 rider. 

Oh, I forgot to mention, in regards to number 1 on your criteria:  I rode the X8 to the end of battery a few times.  I got exactly 10 miles on both occasions.   The NB1 E+ I recently rode for 15 miles and it still appeared to have 25% battery left.   I do not believe I could have ridden it 20 miles.  No.  But it did 15 miles safely, and it had some standby battery left over -- for safety.  

I only have ridden my Ninebot one E+ until now. I just had a short try on airwheels at the start - but one could not call that riding?

With the ninebot app you can upgrade the firmware - so that could be a good point for a long term user. You can also easiliy swap the accu pack to increase the range (you just need a screwdriver and 1 minutes), but that will inrease your budget for the second accu pack. But thinking of 5 years you will need the get a new accu pack anyway, imho. 5 years is a long time - think there is no expierience till now, if current e-wheels will survive this?

I have my ninebot now since one month, drove 150km with it and 20km/h are definitely to slow. Going on longer straights i am constantly playing with the kick-back. But maybe i change my mind on this point after my first crash at 20km/h.

There are now some new models coming out (or already available) which look quite good and make about 30-35 km/h.

I own both the X8 and the Ninebot One E+.  I learned on the X8.  But after having the NB1 E+ for some time I realize that the Airwheel X8 is just a toy by comparison.  I'm just giving my personal opinion here.  If you plan to keep it for 5 years then you will not be satisfied with the X8.  The speed is limited at too slow a setting and the constant beeping, beeping, beeping and tilt-back will drive you insane.  It took me a long time riding the Airwheel X8 to ever experience tilt-back and beeping.  But now, after riding for 6 months experience, and riding both the X8 and the NB1 E+, there really is no comparison.  Once you are an experienced rider you will be glad you chose the NB1 E+ over the Airwheel X8.  They are not in the same league.  I heard one poster refer to the NB1 as the 'BMW' of the wheels.  That is about right.  It will never be the fastest one, but it has a lot of nice features and is certainly stylish. 

I have no experience with the King Song at all.  But my reading here says that there are many people very enthusiastic about it.  To me it also looks attractive. 

But of these 3 of which you spoke, the Airwheel X8 does not belong on the same list as the other two.  From an experienced X8 rider. 

Oh, I forgot to mention, in regards to number 1 on your criteria:  I rode the X8 to the end of battery a few times.  I got exactly 10 miles on both occasions.   The NB1 E+ I recently rode for 15 miles and it still appeared to have 25% battery left.   I do not believe I could have ridden it 20 miles.  No.  But it did 15 miles safely, and it had some standby battery left over -- for safety.  

Hey thanks your your input I am actually leaning towards the NB1 e+ now!!

Can I ask where you bought it from ?

Are you in the US. Sage?

Yes !!

Dont buy ninebot - it is too expensive for its bad build quality

Why would you say so ?

I only have ridden my Ninebot one E+ until now. I just had a short try on airwheels at the start - but one could not call that riding?

With the ninebot app you can upgrade the firmware - so that could be a good point for a long term user. You can also easiliy swap the accu pack to increase the range (you just need a screwdriver and 1 minutes), but that will inrease your budget for the second accu pack. But thinking of 5 years you will need the get a new accu pack anyway, imho. 5 years is a long time - think there is no expierience till now, if current e-wheels will survive this?

I have my ninebot now since one month, drove 150km with it and 20km/h are definitely to slow. Going on longer straights i am constantly playing with the kick-back. But maybe i change my mind on this point after my first crash at 20km/h.

There are now some new models coming out (or already available) which look quite good and make about 30-35 km/h.

Hey thanks for your input I will now surely wear protection while riding it ! and i like the part where you can update the firmware of the ninebot one  thanks again 

Hey thanks your your input I am actually leaning towards the NB1 e+ now!!

Can I ask where you bought it from ?

Yes !!

I bought the cheapest nb1 e+ from the seller "melbourneleo" on ebay. If you want it, this seller can be recommended since Support is great and hes the cheapest.

But I would not buy a ninebot again - it is very expensive and the Quality is inferior (broken handle).

Get a IPS Lhotz - They seem better

Archived