Mten3 arrived. What an experience!

The mten3 I purchased from @Evel_Knievel arrived on Wednesday of this week. Due to a recent medical issue with my son I haven’t had a ton of time to ride it but my overall impression so far is that I’m gonna love it . 

It really is like a tiny rocket ship. It climbs like a champ, turns on a dime and the braking is pretty impressive too. 

I commuted to and from work on it yesterday and my only issue so far is that it does feel a bit unstable at speeds above 15mph. I pushed it to 35kph on the way home and on dead level, smooth asphalt it reached and held this speed with no issue . No excess motor noise , seemed like the motor handled the speed very well. 

I think that it really shines around 8-12mph though . The maneuverability is insane ! It performs 360 degree turns on the spot. Jump 180’s? ...piece of cake on this thing . If you’re on the fence about buying this little guy like I was ....just do it . It brought an instant smile to my face that hasn’t gone away since .

ill write a more comprehensive review once I put more miles on it 

image.jpg

10 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Congratulations! Yes the Mten3 is pure joy to ride. I pray your son is OK.:)

It really is . I find new ways to amuse myself on it every time I take it out . It’s s blast . 

Thnak you @Rehab1. He’s doing a lot better now but still had a few lingering issues . He was diagnosed with serum sickness at the beginning of last week. Broke out in this horrible rash the eventually consumed his whole body . It also causes horrible inflammation and  joint pain (that’s what we are dealing with right now ) . Although the rash has cleared up ALOT, he’s in a ton of pain . Walking and getting up off the couch or floor is extremely hard for him right now and causes him scream and cry at times . Hoping this all goes away soon. 

4 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

I Thnak you @Rehab1. He’s doing a lot better now but still had a few lingering issues . He was diagnosed with serum sickness at the beginning of last week. Broke out in this horrible rash the eventually consumed his whole body . It also causes horrible inflammation and  joint pain (that’s what we are dealing with right now ) . Although the rash has cleared up ALOT, he’s in a ton of pain . Walking and getting up off the couch or floor is extremely hard for him right now and causes him scream and cry at times . Hoping this all goes away soon. 

How old is your son? It is so hard watching a family member in misery. I wish your son a speedy recovery.

12 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

How old is your son? It is so hard watching a family member in misery. I wish your son a speedy recovery.

Again, thank you. I appreciate it. Yes, it’s even worse when there is absolutely nothing you can do to help. He’s 6. Just started school this year. 

Glad you like it!

As others have said, hope your son makes a full and quick recovery. It's easy to forget sometimes with a forum that's focused on one such highly niche topic that we all have lives/trials/tribulations outside it.

Best wishes ?

7 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Glad you like it!

As others have said, hope your son makes a full and quick recovery. It's easy to forget sometimes with a forum that's focused on one such highly niche topic that we all have lives/trials/tribulations outside it.

Best wishes ?

It really is. Because our main focus on here is our wheels , it’s easy to forget we are people , not just riders . Lol

Maybe we should create a general forum where we can talk about our lives and what not . ?

25 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

It really is. Because our main focus on here is our wheels , it’s easy to forget we are people , not just riders . Lol

Maybe we should create a general forum where we can talk about our lives and what not . ?

The off-topic section is there for your needs! Largely right now it's peoples favourite tv shows and quirky life discussion. But no reason why it shouldn't branch out into deeper stuff  ?

• 2 months later...

Wow. 35 km/h? That's courageous :)  My max speed is 28 km/h but I tend to stay below/around 25, and that's more than enough for me, considering how small the wheel diameter is, and even then I slow down as soon as I see the slightest imperfection in the road.

I've been using mine now to commute between my airbnb and the race track 3kms further, and I must say I'd rather do this on a 16". Stability is a bit of an issue, especially on streets like these:

dikformaat-rood-straat_640.jpg

You need to stay 100% focussed when riding. And it's not exactly the country side here either, so A LOT of (curious) people. 

I also had an issue with a dog that became fan of the EUC, started following me and then all of the sudden cut in in front of me (small dog). I had to jump off and the Mten3 also does "the Gotway dance", violently spinning around (and hitting my knee in the mean time ?) before finally coming to a stop.

The nice thing about it is its form factor, but I'll be happy to be riding a bigger wheel again for longer distances / commuting. 

• 2 weeks later...

Took it out for a spin tonight, connected to the Darknessbot app (first time I actually rode it with the app connected, usually I am just goofing around with it on a parking lot).

Well ... it seems I ride this wheel faster than my previous Inmotion V8. Top speed 31.8km/h and constantly cruising around 30 (which would have the V8 beeping all the time). Who would have thought that from such an "unstable" wheel. I also learned I need eye protection as hitting a fly in your eye at that speed is quite interesting to say the least.

Honestly I don't dare push it any harder. It feels plenty fast as it is. Respect for those who manage to ride this at 40km/h. 

Archived