MSuper V3s+ w/Tesla Motor - Internal Pics

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Wldcohso said:

Is there a case or protective cover for the Tesla? 

No. As far as I know, Inmotion is the only company that makes covers for their wheels.

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

No. As far as I know, Inmotion is the only company that makes covers for their wheels.

Darn, I'm going to do my best to keep mine looking nice... Thanks you Marty.. 

10 minutes ago, Wldcohso said:

Darn, I'm going to do my best to keep mine looking nice... Thanks you Marty.. 

Some people have made neoprene covers from wetsuit tops.  They are fairly inexpensive and look good.  image.thumb.png.5ff755d353be267e2073acbc8d07b62b.png

On 3/2/2018 at 4:35 PM, Jason McNeil said:

Put in an order with GW this morning, but was conditional on the inclusion of the reverse diode on the charging port. I've been asking for this for months, it's standard with every other manufacturer, this is IMO a crucial safety feature. Our ACMv2s are arriving any day now, but will require around 10 days to get out of the port of LA.

@Jason McNeil, I noticed on Ewheels web page it says the msuper V3s+ is out of stock until mid March . Assuming the units coming in at that time are still the 1500w versions ? 

@Charles McLean tell us how you like the msuper 1900? Thanks for the internal photos, however how fast and secure is the ride quality? Is it as quiet as the Tesla? Curious how snappy the acceleration is?

This wheel might be our current 18 inch star.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You forgot someone. ;)

1 minute ago, Scott Henley said:

Yeah, say @Rehab1, when you going to start producing some of those nifty EUC covers for the resale market ? 

If I recall, as a DIY project the material cost was the issue for most members.  I do like the neoprene wraps people are using.

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

If I recall, as a DIY project the material cost was the issue for most members.  I do like the neoprene wraps people are using.

My wife designs clothes, bags ect...so I’ve ordered a few yards of neoprene from amazon in hopes she won’t mind making me some wetsuits for my wheels . 

But I must say ; Those clear covers you make sure look good ! 

33 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

You forgot someone. ;)

Yeah, I know, our resident condom maker :lol:

2 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

@Charles McLean tell us how you like the msuper 1900? Thanks for the internal photos, however how fast and secure is the ride quality? Is it as quiet as the Tesla? Curious how snappy the acceleration is?

This wheel might be our current 18 inch star.

@Mrd777  Check out the review I did comparing my Tesla to my MSuper V3s+ with Tesla Engine.

2 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

My wife designs clothes, bags ect...so I’ve ordered a few yards of neoprene from amazon in hopes she won’t mind making me some wetsuits for my wheels . 

There are some nice neoprene fabrics out there. Check out the Scuba Dress.   I dare you to make a cover out of this material.  :thumbup:

38794658640_5f5ecc1152_b.jpg

8 hours ago, Wldcohso said:

Is there a case or protective cover for the Tesla? 

The cover for the Inmotion V8 is actually a fairly good fit & just needs the foam removing that sits on top of the Tesla's own pads. I also cut a little extra portion of neoprene out around the charge port/USB port/light area, as the top part of this area will be obscured when fitted. I ordered the Silver one for my own Tesla from the following Ali trader: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-INMOTION-V8-Protective-Cover-Protection-Bag-Bluetooth-Protection-Cover-Inmotion-Scooter-V5-V5D-V5F-V8/32791493785.html

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

There are some nice neoprene fabrics out there. Check out the Scuba Dress.   I dare you to make a cover out of this material.  :thumbup:

38794658640_5f5ecc1152_b.jpg

Ooh . I’m not one to back away from a dare @Rehab1. But I’m already a bit of a spectacle riding around my little town on my “hover board?, tiny electric bicycle?,one wheeled Segway?, “ ( I’ve heard it all lol) 

Maybe for the wife’s wheel ...when she finally agrees to get on the damn thing and learn so I can buy her one . 

Looks as if the model is hiding a wheel under that thing as it is. ?

4 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Maybe for the wife’s wheel ...when she finally agrees to get on the damn thing and learn so I can buy her one . 

I gave my wife a few lessons last year until she quit. She stated “ I don't want to break an arm.“  The irony of it all!  :(

40611338291_c66e2d91dc_b.jpg

7 hours ago, fbhb said:

The cover for the Inmotion V8 is actually a fairly good fit & just needs the foam removing that sits on top of the Tesla's own pads. I also cut a little extra portion of neoprene out around the charge port/USB port/light area, as the top part of this area will be obscured when fitted. I ordered the Silver one for my own Tesla from the following Ali trader: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-INMOTION-V8-Protective-Cover-Protection-Bag-Bluetooth-Protection-Cover-Inmotion-Scooter-V5-V5D-V5F-V8/32791493785.html

That;s a pretty decent price for a factory made cover.  New Zealand eh?  I think you are only the second person from there on the forum.  Looks like a good place to live.

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

That;s a pretty decent price for a factory made cover.  New Zealand eh?  I think you are only the second person from there on the forum.  Looks like a good place to live.

A cheaper one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Protective-Cover-Bluetooth-Protection-Case-Scooter-Accessories-for-V5-and-V8-Electric-unicycle-Monowheel/32850076470.html

22 hours ago, steve454 said:

Hi Steve,  thanks for your comments. To give you and other forum members an introduction to who I am and why I joined will require a lengthy post (Sorry!). To be honest, I was actively following this forum long before I joined, using it as a resource to ultimately make my decision on what wheel to buy. I have to thank so many of you for all of the information/help this forum offers to both New and established riders. People like Marty, yourself and many other forum members are an absolute wealth of knowledge that has been invaluable for me in making the decision to buy my first EUC. I was first made aware of the forum due to my interest in Tishawn's YouTube channel which I had been following, as I have been an active Electric longboarder over the last year or so. When Tishawn did his reviews of the Tesla my interest was piqued and so I started the search to find out more about the Tesla and EUC's in general. As you mentioned, there are only Two of us on the forum from New Zealand and here in Hawke's Bay I'm quite sure I would most definitely be the only EUC rider in the area. So, to get back to my main point, obviously there has not been anyone locally to help me during the learning period, so I had to depend on the help given here and tutorial videos of course. One piece of advice given, which I suppose you could say I actually ignored, was to get a smaller/older wheel to learn on which is really good advice! I decided not to follow it in my case and went straight to the Tesla, but following advice immediately padded it up and also stretched the Inmotion cover, I previously linked to, over the top of the foam stripes for good measure. This has saved the Tesla from the inevitable drops/scrapes/damage that are unavoidable whilst going through the learning phase. I'm pretty confident on the wheel now, but still not pushing right to the full extent of the massive performance the Tesla is renowned for until I am more familiar with all the road surfaces I'm likely to use it on (even when that time comes I will of course Respect The Beeps!). We are fortunate here having some really good cycle pathways and some also run right along the coastline which is perfect for that exhilarating cruise on a sunny day we all crave! So once again, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this forum that has contributed in some way to opening up the world of EUC's to me (Marty, Tishawn, Steve454, KingSong69, meepmeepmayer, Smoother, Bryan Wells and others). I am loving every second riding the Tesla and also the sense of achievement that comes from learning to stay upright on these amazing machines we ride is, in my opinion, unrivaled! Thanks guys.

2 hours ago, fbhb said:

Hi Steve,  thanks for your comments. To give you and other forum members an introduction to who I am and why I joined will require a lengthy post (Sorry!). To be honest, I was actively following this forum long before I joined, using it as a resource to ultimately make my decision on what wheel to buy. I have to thank so many of you for all of the information/help this forum offers to both New and established riders. People like Marty, yourself and many other forum members are an absolute wealth of knowledge that has been invaluable for me in making the decision to buy my first EUC. I was first made aware of the forum due to my interest in Tishawn's YouTube channel which I had been following, as I have been an active Electric longboarder over the last year or so. When Tishawn did his reviews of the Tesla my interest was piqued and so I started the search to find out more about the Tesla and EUC's in general. As you mentioned, there are only Two of us on the forum from New Zealand and here in Hawke's Bay I'm quite sure I would most definitely be the only EUC rider in the area. So, to get back to my main point, obviously there has not been anyone locally to help me during the learning period, so I had to depend on the help given here and tutorial videos of course. One piece of advice given, which I suppose you could say I actually ignored, was to get a smaller/older wheel to learn on which is really good advice! I decided not to follow it in my case and went straight to the Tesla, but following advice immediately padded it up and also stretched the Inmotion cover, I previously linked to, over the top of the foam stripes for good measure. This has saved the Tesla from the inevitable drops/scrapes/damage that are unavoidable whilst going through the learning phase. I'm pretty confident on the wheel now, but still not pushing right to the full extent of the massive performance the Tesla is renowned for until I am more familiar with all the road surfaces I'm likely to use it on (even when that time comes I will of course Respect The Beeps!). We are fortunate here having some really good cycle pathways and some also run right along the coastline which is perfect for that exhilarating cruise on a sunny day we all crave! So once again, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this forum that has contributed in some way to opening up the world of EUC's to me (Marty, Tishawn, Steve454, KingSong69, meepmeepmayer, Smoother and others). I am loving every second riding the Tesla and also the sense of achievement that comes from learning to stay upright on these amazing machines we ride is, in my opinion, unrivaled! Thanks guys.

I'm one of those that advocate getting a good wheel to begin with. I learned on an ACM. Padded it up for the first month or so. Since I started with such a great wheel I didn't feel that it was necessary to upgrade since there wasn't anything to upgrade to (the MSuper V3 didn't exist yet). So I say, good choice in buying the Tesla.

Now, could you convince your fellow countryman @The Fat Unicyclist to get off his butt and buy the new wheel that he's been agitating for :D

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm one of those that advocate getting a good wheel to begin with. I learned on an ACM. Padded it up for the first month or so. Since I started with such a great wheel I didn't feel that it was necessary to upgrade since there wasn't anything to upgrade to (the MSuper V3 didn't exist yet). So I say, good choice in buying the Tesla.

Now, could you convince your fellow countryman @The Fat Unicyclist to get off his butt and buy the new wheel that he's been agitating for :D

Hi Marty, thank you for your reply and good to hear directly from you. Yes I'm the sort of person that when I set my mind on something, I tend to choose the best option at the time to prevent having to upgrade in the short term. I also tend to look after things and like them looking as good as it is possible to keep something that at some point will inevitably take a tumble or two. I still have the pads on at the moment but will take them off shortly, especially as the Red brake lights are being obscured by the Inmotion V8 cover I have fitted. Once I start to venture more into heavier traffic situations the Ring light needs to be visible for safety reasons! On the subject of @The Fat Unicyclist procrastinating about a New wheel purchase, I can but try! As you are aware, I am a Newbie to the forum and have only today started posting, but I already noticed that @The Fat Unicyclist has followed me so maybe now he will sit up and take notice, hopefully!

4 hours ago, fbhb said:

Hi Marty, thank you for your reply and good to hear directly from you. Yes I'm the sort of person that when I set my mind on something, I tend to choose the best option at the time to prevent having to upgrade in the short term. I also tend to look after things and like them looking as good as it is possible to keep something that at some point will inevitably take a tumble or two. I still have the pads on at the moment but will take them off shortly, especially as the Red brake lights are being obscured by the Inmotion V8 cover I have fitted. Once I start to venture more into heavier traffic situations the Ring light needs to be visible for safety reasons! On the subject of @The Fat Unicyclist procrastinating about a New wheel purchase, I can but try! As you are aware, I am a Newbie to the forum and have only today started posting, but I already noticed that @The Fat Unicyclist has followed me so maybe now he will sit up and take notice, hopefully!

Perhaps there's a little procrastination in there, but currently I am also a little too busy working on our national Census...

As an example, @Marty Backe would you please send a letter to everyone in California - and don't get back on a wheel until after you've finished that wee task - surprisingly, it's not as easy as you might think.

Now, having said that... There are plans schemes underway for something that will (hopefully) be awesome! And now that the Chinese New Year is over, I can get things back on track.

And as for you @fbhb - It's not too far between Wellington and Hawke's Bay, so perhaps we should work on a "group ride" sometime soon? 

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Perhaps there's a little procrastination in there, but currently I am also a little too busy working on our national Census...

As an example, @Marty Backe would you please send a letter to everyone in California - and don't get back on a wheel until after you've finished that wee task - surprisingly, it's not as easy as you might think.

Now, having said that... There are plans schemes underway for something that will (hopefully) be awesome! And now that the Chinese New Year is over, I can get things back on track.

And as for you @fbhb - It's not too far between Wellington and Hawke's Bay, so perhaps we should work on a "group ride" sometime soon? 

@The Fat Unicyclist I was not aware, until this post, of which part of NZ you were based but the ironic thing is that we have just returned to Hawke's Bay on Friday after three days in Wellington! I did actually have my wheel with me too (along with my Electric longboard), but unfortunately did not get to ride the Tesla I only managed a ride on the longboard along the waterfront whilst I had the chance! Glad to hear that there are "plans schemes underway for something that will (hopefully) be awesome!" Are we able to have an inkling into what you have your eye on or is it to be a surprise?

Archived