MSuper V3s+ w/Tesla Motor - Internal Pics

Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to crack open the case on my MSuper V3s+ with Tesla Motor just to see the quality of craftsmanship.  Overall, I was pleased.  Nothing loose.  Cables were all snug and nicely wrapped.  Control board was secured nicely and even the tiny little fan on the control board was snug and not loose.  Good job Gotway!

I didn't dissemble the entire wheel to look at the motor itself, and I'm not sure the motor code would give me any specifics on whether or not it really is the Tesla motor, so take that for what it's worth.

Enjoy!

MVIMG_20180302_110111.thumb.jpg.fd19328f52c69c05e6eb88c582abd478.jpgMVIMG_20180302_110118.thumb.jpg.6694012e7d9322fb04f6bf6a0ec53314.jpgMVIMG_20180302_110126.thumb.jpg.b8b5effe04dcd20fb0fbace602ab6aa3.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting!!:thumbup: Always interesting to see.

• I don't like all the possibly hot cables pressed together in that cable tie thing on the left. But well... minor issue.
  • Can anyone tell if these are "good" (better) mosfets than the ones used on the ACM1/msuperV3/Monster until now?

--

Shouldn't these transparent heatshrinks around the golden motor connectors be... well, shrinked (shrunk?)?

If those can slide off, two of the connectors touching would mean a short (fried board).

If they're not heatshrink, what are they? Some kind of hard plastic "hulls" around the connectors? That would be fantastic!

Anyway, just make sure they can't slide off and are firmly on there, and if indeed heatshrink, shrink them.

89971.jpg

Hey, thanks for the pictures. Don't forget to tell us how it rides :popcorn:

EDIT: I just saw your other post ....   :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Charles McLean said:

Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to crack open the case on my MSuper V3s+ with Tesla Motor just to see the quality of craftsmanship.  Overall, I was pleased.  Nothing loose.  Cables were all snug and nicely wrapped.  Control board was secured nicely and even the tiny little fan on the control board was snug and not loose.  Good job Gotway!

I didn't dissemble the entire wheel to look at the motor itself, and I'm not sure the motor code would give me any specifics on whether or not it really is the Tesla motor, so take that for what it's worth.

Enjoy!

MVIMG_20180302_110111.thumb.jpg.fd19328f52c69c05e6eb88c582abd478.jpgMVIMG_20180302_110118.thumb.jpg.6694012e7d9322fb04f6bf6a0ec53314.jpgMVIMG_20180302_110126.thumb.jpg.b8b5effe04dcd20fb0fbace602ab6aa3.jpg

Okay. I’m getting more and more confused about the msuper with Tesla motor and board . ?

@outcast00096, were we not just told that these aren’t available yet ?? @Charles McLean where did you buy this ?? I’m getting ready (hopefully) to buy an 18s and older msuper . But only Bc I was told this wasn’t available. And of course the 18l is a ways out . If I can actually get the msuper with Tesla overhaul ...that’s what I want . 

@meepmeepmayer looks like they found another cover for the motor connector again .-)

The latest heatshrinks where glass like,shrinked and not shrinked. This now looks like a massive matte plastik they have put around. So my guess would be, there are still problems in this zone.

Other than the fan you cant see any difference...the old V3s had (afaik) a 1500W engraving on the motormetal rim? Aside the serial number which is on it? Any markings on the rim?

1 minute ago, Scott Henley said:

Okay. I’m getting more and more confused about the msuper with Tesla motor and board . ?

@outcast00096, were we not just told that these aren’t available yet ?? @Charles McLean where did you buy this ?? I’m getting ready (hopefully) to buy an 18s and older msuper . But only Bc I was told this wasn’t available. And of course the 18l is a ways out . If I can actually get the msuper with Tesla overhaul ...that’s what I want . 

This is directly from china....aliexpress. and yes, there the 1900Watt V3 Tesla version is available...you see it on the photo here. It just needs time to get to ewheels!

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

This is directly from china....aliexpress. and yes, there the 1900Watt V3 Tesla version is available...you see it on the photo here. It just needs time to get to ewheels!

Ah. Aliexpress. Gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification @KingSong69. I want this bad !!

26 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

@meepmeepmayer looks like they found another cover for the motor connector again .-)

The latest heatshrinks where glass like,shrinked and not shrinked. This now looks like a massive matte plastik they have put around. So my guess would be, there are still problems in this zone.

Other than the fan you cant see any difference...the old V3s had (afaik) a 1500W engraving on the motormetal rim? Aside the serial number which is on it? Any markings on the rim?

Like the new ACM2 control board, this has the improved MOSFETs.

I wonder if they will ever move to a tubular steel frame with plastic mounted panels in the future rather than having wheel shells made entirely of plastic.  We don't see bicycles, mopeds, motorcycles with plastic support frames usually.  I think a redesign of shells could result in some interesting open concept designs where you could use thinner metal compartments to house and weatherproof electronic components while also having a stronger frame.

twist-bike.jpg

7 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wonder if they will ever move to a tubular steel frame with plastic mounted panels in the future rather than having wheel shells made entirely of plastic.  We don't see bicycles, mopeds, motorcycles with plastic support frames usually.  I think a redesign of shells could result in some interesting open concept designs where you could use thinner metal compartments to house and weatherproof electronic components while also having a stronger frame.

twist-bike.jpg

isn't that basically what they did with the i5?  (not tubular but...)

35 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wonder if they will ever move to a tubular steel frame with plastic mounted panels in the future rather than having wheel shells made entirely of plastic.  

I like strong and lightweight. Titanium and carbon fiber. 

17 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

@Jason McNeil. Is this an accurate estimate ? Mid April ?

Put in an order with GW this morning, but was conditional on the inclusion of the reverse diode on the charging port. I've been asking for this for months, it's standard with every other manufacturer, this is IMO a crucial safety feature. Our ACMv2s are arriving any day now, but will require around 10 days to get out of the port of LA.

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

Put a durable case on that thing and I'd buy one. 

Maybe we could take GW shells off and spray them with rhino lining . Then reassemble ? Would make for one hell of a strong shell. 

5 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Put in an order with GW this morning, but was conditional on the inclusion of the reverse diode on the charging port. I've been asking for this for months, it's standard with every other manufacturer, this is IMO a crucial safety feature. Our ACMv2s are arriving any day now, but will require around 10 days to get out of the port of LA.

Look at this guy... watching out for his customers. I appreciate you sir

1 minute ago, Jason McNeil said:

Well first let me say thank you for lobbying for better and safer features . It is absolutely astounding how GW sees flaws in their machines, sees other manufacturers doing things better and safer but still doesn’t take any corrective actions. The ACMv2 looks amazing but I’ve got an older ACM already . It’s time for an 18. With all the new wheels coming out shortly I grow more and more hesitant to get the 18s. And GW has really started to grow on me . 

I took some additional close up of the MOSFETs and the silicone protective enclosure around the connector cables.  They aren't heat shrink, they are a really thick silicone casing / enclosure for the connectors.  The wire off the board is 14 AWG.  Also, looks like the main axle bolt is 3/4".MVIMG_20180302_163512.thumb.jpg.57bef8b632c68b01442ed723cf785031.jpgMVIMG_20180302_163543.thumb.jpg.06047492326cc023098b8424c321eb21.jpgMVIMG_20180302_163557.thumb.jpg.3a9541d26fa3e66e52d570ef3c5fd3e0.jpgMVIMG_20180302_164737.thumb.jpg.a6559678e84dfc8783c8254fb4341c59.jpgMVIMG_20180302_165239.thumb.jpg.f6f539102a7d2486c032ce2f48ad3cd6.jpg

I would have love to see PBF4468....and only 6 of it instead the stupid 12...where 6 of them have a bad heatsink connection.

And its also the DC Converter that often fails. I like that board more, double as big, nicely coated:

G6OkRQ6.jpg

@Charles McLean thanks for the close ups, that looks good. 

Please do a little write up how it rides/ feels and first initial impressions. Maybe a vid., but pic. would do, ha ha.

Im starting to have an urge to upgrade, but holding myself off, lol...... Msuper, Testla or Nineboot Z (to be honest I think... I want that one). The waiting game :)

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

I would have love to see PBF4468....and only 6 of it instead the stupid 12...where 6 of them have a bad heatsink connection.

And its also the DC Converter that often fails. I like that board more, double as big, nicely coated:

G6OkRQ6.jpg

You'll never be satisfied. Such is life.

Those connector covers are nice! Non-destructive disassembly, and possibly they keep the connectors apart and some air between them.

Just make sure they can't slide off on their own.

10 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Charles McLean thanks for the close ups, that looks good. 

Please do a little write up how it rides/ feels and first initial impressions. Maybe a vid., but pic. would do, ha ha.

He did, here. Easy to miss due to the similar thread title:

Archived