Monster Time ......

US69

Yeah.....the addiction got me  bounded :-)

@TremF has made me such an good offer, that i can not regret :-) So there was no chance...i had to take his Monster and slightly damaged ACM into my garage!

Thanx for that btw, Trem!

Here is the first update of what i have done with the Monster...i installed a trolley, as without trolley for me its a Nogo :-) And i am allready waiting for a 3d printed mudguard from Mathias in Norway, you sure know him as EU Guy....

Monster pics....btw. NICE color :-)

0vIm4Kq.jpg

5sniHIK.jpg

More of an review, or lets better say an diary, like on all my wheels will follow!

In short:

Hell man, thats the commuter wheel like no other!

While i am not that fast riding guy and have a natural “break” on my KS18S at about 35-38kmh....i allready made it to 45kmh on this 22inch Monster and it felt like nothing!

Ok, nothing is perhaps a bit overdrawn...but you can easily put at 30% higher speed on this massive wheel size, without noticing it! There are -certainly- some disadvantages to this wheel also...again in short this are , for me, the sluggish torque and bad brake, but for me this was to be exspected and later on, when i get more trust into the wheels abilities that will for sure get minimized!

So conclusion after a week:

I love it!

Keep an eye out for updates.... what will happen to the -defect?- 820wh ACM?...will it be running again? will It have a second live in a 2500wh Ks18s?.....to be continued....

B)

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Nice color:efee47c9c8:

How much for shipping UK->NRW?

For 3 packets....2 x 26kg, and 1 x 8kg.....we paid 90pound...110 euro :-)

And yip! The color is fantastic!

You're welcome. I'm glad you like it. I'm missing EUC's for sure as even with pedal assist I am doing more on the e-bike than I did on the EUC's so I am hurting more also feeling tired and weak. Hopefully warmer weather, eventually, will help ease some of the pain.

Anyway - Wow! I love the trolley handle. I used the extra height the seat gave the Monster to push it along. Have you tried riding sat down yet?  :) 

45km/h? You've pushed it further than I ever did already. I don't think I got it to 40km/h and it felt quick. The e-bike is much slower in comparison lol I tend to ride at 29kmh

For the sluggishness have you tried changing the ride to hard? It might make it a bit more responsive. That might not help much with breaking though with the weight.

I'll try and keep up with your updates - especially with the ACM.

18 minutes ago, TremF said:

You're welcome. I'm glad you like it. I'm missing EUC's for sure as even with pedal assist I am doing more on the e-bike than I did on the EUC's so I am hurting more also feeling tired and weak. Hopefully warmer weather, eventually, will help ease some of the pain.

Anyway - Wow! I love the trolley handle. I used the extra height the seat gave the Monster to push it along. Have you tried riding sat down yet?  :) 

45km/h? You've pushed it further than I ever did already. I don't think I got it to 40km/h and it felt quick. The e-bike is much slower in comparison lol I tend to ride at 29kmh

For the sluggishness have you tried changing the ride to hard? It might make it a bit more responsive. That might not help much with breaking though with the weight.

I'll try and keep up with your updates - especially with the ACM.

Hy Buddy!

Yes, i am always driving in hard mode...and when i mean sluggish thats just in comparison to smaller wheel sizes, and not meant negative in any way! Yes, i love driving seated from my 18S...so i always have the seat with the Monster and use it!

Its a blast and even a better experience than driving without seat :-)

I really love the Monster :-) And also hope for warmer weather as we have about minus 10 degree Celsius here at the time!

I'm glad that you are really enjoying the Monster. And it's probably one of the most reliable wheels that Gotway has made, so that should make you feel better about riding it.

Looks like the trolley handle works well connected directly to the pedals. I still prefer that method to drilling into the case.

Is that the same trolley handle that you use on the KS18S?

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Looks like the trolley handle works well connected directly to the pedals. I still prefer that method to drilling into the case

Honestly....no, it really, really does not work that well!

You are only able to use a 6 mm threaded rod...and thats not very stable at all! When it would have the massive plastic shell like the KS18 i would have prefered to mount it to the shell, which is about 4-5 times more stable....Unfortunatly the Monster/Gotway shell is that brittle, that mounting something to it, is the dumbest idea ever. i really like the Monster...but the shell is an impertinence!

Then also, because of the rod and its only possible position, going down any stairway or any sidewalk now gets to a problem....if you are to slow, the rod/trolley might get stuck when going down.

In opportunity to my Ks18 mount i am not that sure how long this trolley mount will hold.....

19 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

So conclusion after a week:

I love it!

It would really be hard not to love the Monster.Mine even survived being totally submerged for about 5 seconds.I had to pull 175 amps to finally kill my Monster.Fortunately @Jason McNeil and @Joey Serrin saw @Marty Backe's video of me burning up my board on "Overheat Hill" and got me a replacement board in the mail and to me in less than 5 days so I won't suffer from MWS.(Monster withdrawal Sydrome):rolleyes:  Ewheels has kick ass customer service!

1 minute ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

It would really be hard not to love the Monster.Mine even survived being totally submerged for about 5 seconds.I had to pull 175 amps to finally kill my Monster.Fortunately @Jason McNeil and @Joey Serrin saw @Marty Backe's video of me burning up my board on "Overheat Hill" and got me a replacement board in the mail and to me in less than 5 days so I won't suffer from MWS.(Monster withdrawal Sydrome):rolleyes:  Ewheels has kick ass customer service!

Wow! Fantastic community over there!

Yip, i know how good ewheels Service is :-) Jason sent me logofree KS18 sidepads  over the half world!

3 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Wow! Fantastic community over there!

Yip, i know how good ewheels Service is :-) Jason sent me logofree KS18 sidepads  over the half world!

Yeah,Jason is the best,no doubt.He hooked me up with an 18S motor and board for a steal and breathed new life into my underpowered and unused 18A to make an 18S which is now one of my favorite wheels!

22 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

TremF has made me such an good offer, that i can not regret :-) So there was no chance...i had to take his Monster and slightly damaged ACM into my garage!

20 hours ago, TremF said:

Oh I feel your pain Tremf! Congratulations Kingsong69! Your EUC stable is definitely growing. Enjoy!

3 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Marty Backe are  you saying Monster more reliable than Tesla?

I have no formal statistics, but I can't recall ever reading about Monster failures that resulted in cutouts (from hitting bumps in the road, etc.).

On 28-2-2018 at 8:26 PM, TremF said:

This may be an option for you.

5 minutes ago, Dancer said:

This may be an option for you.

These look cool and I'd love to mess about on something like this but unfortunately they are definitely not legal. I need something I can use daily as my go to transport. I don't drive and prefer to be out and about independently rather than totally rely on public transport - for longer trips my wife drives. Using the EUC was dodgy but I got away with it, The e-bike is slightly more powerful than legally allowed but not obvious. These things.... scream illegal :( 

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I have no formal statistics, but I can't recall ever reading about Monster failures that resulted in cutouts (from hitting bumps in the road, etc.).

During Ian at SpeedyFeet's 1000 mile ride he managed to melt the motor cable connectors but that's the only issue I've seen - other than a poorly designed shell! He changed the connectors on my Monster so @KingSong69 shouldn't have any issues there.

3 minutes ago, TremF said:

During Ian at SpeedyFeet's 1000 mile ride he managed to melt the motor cable connectors but that's the only issue I've seen - other than a poorly designed shell! He changed the connectors on my Monster so @KingSong69 shouldn't have any issues there.

Yes, potential for melting cables/connectors, weak shell, and axle shims. But where it really counts for safety, no cutouts that I know of.

1 hour ago, TremF said:

These look cool and I'd love to mess about on something like this but unfortunately they are definitely not legal. I need something I can use daily as my go to transport. I don't drive and prefer to be out and about independently rather than totally rely on public transport - for longer trips my wife drives. Using the EUC was dodgy but I got away with it, The e-bike is slightly more powerful than legally allowed but not obvious. These things.... scream illegal :( 

This one is legal but expensive: https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0272359EN/bmw-motorrad-x2city-mobility-with-a-kick-–-great-versatility-and-zero-emissions?language=en

15 minutes ago, Dancer said:

Now that does look cool!! hehe My only problem would be it's lack of speed and distance. I've taken a hit on speed already with the e-bike. Also I am not sure about legality? Just because it says you don't need a license or helmet - It's a scooter which isn't legal in the UK as far as I know? E-bike law covers pedal bikes with pedal assist and you have to pedal to set off not be able to use the throttle.

Mine is slightly over powered and the throttle can be used 100%, though it can be changed to need pedaling first,  but if I ride carefully and responsibly no-one will notice/know. 

1 hour ago, TremF said:

Mine is slightly over powered and the throttle can be used 100%, though it can be changed to need pedaling first,  but if I ride carefully and responsibly no-one will notice/know. 

Do you pretend to pedal when a car (police) approaches? Not sure if I’ve seen you in action on your new Ebike. Will you ever return to riding EUCs?

2 hours ago, TremF said:

E-bike law covers pedal bikes with pedal assist and you have to pedal to set off not be able to use the throttle.

I have one legal 250W ebike with pedal assist.

I have one 1000W ebike with throttle.

Now I am doing 1500W ebike with throttle in which I will use my mcm4 batteries.

And yes, I pretend to pedal when I remember??

I like all my electronic vehicles, eucs, ebikes, esaws, eoutboard motor,...

19 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Do you pretend to pedal when a car (police) approaches? Not sure if I’ve seen you in action on your new Ebike. Will you ever return to riding EUCs?

I don't need to pretend :) I use assist most (probably 99%) of the time as it really does help, when the battery gets low I can definitely tell the difference, but if really tired or need a quick burst I'll use the throttle. I don't have any photo's or videos on it yet. At the moment I've just been concentrating on getting to and from work but once the nicer weather hits I'll get one of my girls to get some photo's etc :) 

I am keeping my eyes open for reviews of the Ninebot One Z10 once it gets released. If it's as good as it seems and is reliable I may be tempted but I'm also hoping others will release similar designs for more choice.

2 hours ago, TremF said:

I don't have any photo's or videos on it yet. At the moment I've just been concentrating on getting to and from work but once the nicer weather hits I'll get one of my girls to get some photo's etc :) 

Very good. Yes please post some photos when the weather turns nice and your daughters catch a :D on your face riding.

Nearly 2 weeks now with the Monster, her some short findings...

What i „hate“ about the wheel:

The rear non existent mudflap design.....without words, my jacket after a nice trip:

ZM6SWan.jpg

Waiting for my mudguard, which i will receive from @EU GUY for the purpose of testing/reviewing and which is allready on the way :-)

What i also dont like....the energy  consumption! Holy Moly....doing a 25km ride, and 60% of battery allready gone!

(attention: i „only“ have the 1600wh version) So allready thinking about upgrading another 800wh pack, which is unfortunatly heavy expensive!

What i love on the Monster is that is is by far....by far!!! ....the best „long ride/range“ wheel i ever have been driven! You are doing a long commute or a longer trip on decent roads/streets? The Monster is the wheel to choose! So smooth and fast....40kmh feels like nothing on it!

22 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Nearly 2 weeks now with the Monster, her some short findings...

What i „hate“ about the wheel:

The rear non existent mudflap design.....without words, my jacket after a nice trip:

ZM6SWan.jpg

Waiting for my mudguard, which i will receive from @EU GUY for the purpose of testing/reviewing and which is allready on the way :-)

What i also dont like....the energy  consumption! Holy Moly....doing a 25km ride, and 60% of battery allready gone!

(attention: i „only“ have the 1600wh version) So allready thinking about upgrading another 800wh pack, which is unfortunatly heavy expensive!

What i love on the Monster is that is is by far....by far!!! ....the best „long ride/range“ wheel i ever have been driven! You are doing a long commute or a longer trip on decent roads/streets? The Monster is the wheel to choose! So smooth and fast....40kmh feels like nothing on it!

That battery doesn't last as long as you think it would because you ride it a lot faster. Trust me, if you ride slow you will get great mileage. But who wants to ride the Monster slow :)

Archived