EUCs in Japan

Toshio Uemura

2 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I suppose, but it is not reinforced by our kind, beloved and highly respected police, the best in the world! ❤️

Great montage of videos. Treat those police to donuts and coffee. It sounds like they deserve it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Toshio or Uemura-san,

Can you please tell me in Osaka, are EUCs allowed to be ridden on sidewalks or roads? Are there any special rules and regulations to follow? If I come to Osaka, is there a shop where I can rent a KingSong 16S to ride around town? Are there good riding trails in Osaka? Thanks for any info.

• 2 months later...
On 2/27/2018 at 2:16 AM, Toshio Uemura said:

Hi there, 

I read various questions on how EUCs are spreading in Japan. So I decided to share some pictures and videos from our group here in the Kansai area.

Please ? enjoy!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/otwk8fFTsSQbnyM43

Hello!  Please, I'm in Tokyo and I'd like to rent an EUC here.  Do you know where can I get one?  Thanks

On 2/28/2018 at 2:52 AM, Toshio Uemura said:

Sorry I don’t know people with EUCs in Tokyo otherwise I would get you in contact with someone. But if you ever come to the Kyoto, OSAKA area, tell us. You can ride with us, I have 5 EUCs, so I can easily spare one.

Wow, I'll be in Osaka (around nanbai station) in about 12 days.  Can I ride with you?

I currently have a King Song 14s and I've been riding for about a month, but I'd LOVE to try out some other EUC's if you have the time and patience...

Also, if you show me somewhere good to eat, I'd gladly treat you to the food! Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 5:47 PM, scared of ucs said:

Wow, I'll be in Osaka (around nanbai station) in about 12 days.  Can I ride with you?

I currently have a King Song 14s and I've been riding for about a month, but I'd LOVE to try out some other EUC's if you have the time and patience...

Also, if you show me somewhere good to eat, I'd gladly treat you to the food! Thanks!

When exactly will you be in Osaka and where do you stay? How can I reach you?  Would be fun to meet, if our schedules allow. 

7 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

When exactly will you be in Osaka and where do you stay? How can I reach you?  Would be fun to meet, if our schedules allow. 

Osaka Castle Park is a good place to ride and meet. Please look at our pictures:

The fountain would be a good place to meet. Here is the location. Just look it up in Google maps.

Osaka Castle Park Fountain
〒540-0002 Ōsaka-fu, Ōsaka-shi, Chūō-ku, Ōsakajō, 1−1

12 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Oh man! It would be so awesome to meet, and I know exactly how to get to Osaka Castle!!

I can't message you in the forum, but I do actively use the discord channel.  If you join that we can easily contact each other.

Here is the link

https://discord.gg/VQQmPkT

If you can contact me through the forum's messenger service that'd be good, but I'll see a discord message immediately :)

I'm landing in about 3 hours, and I'll be there until Saturday evening ?

Hope to hear from you!

17 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Osaka Castle Park is a good place to ride and meet. Please look at our pictures:

The fountain would be a good place to meet. Here is the location. Just look it up in Google maps.

Osaka Castle Park Fountain
〒540-0002 Ōsaka-fu, Ōsaka-shi, Chūō-ku, Ōsakajō, 1−1

I could meet you at that exact spot anytime tomorrow! Evening or afternoon!

I hope you can see this in time and I hope you have time in your schedule ?

• 2 months later...
On 5/31/2018 at 7:20 PM, Scared of eucs said:

I could meet you at that exact spot anytime tomorrow! Evening or afternoon!

I hope you can see this in time and I hope you have time in your schedule ?

Sorry, I didn’t get your message in time, but may be another time. Did you have a good time here?

• 1 month later...

https://teamkepler.com/archives/taro_blog/20181002

An interesting article (in Japanese) on the recent police activity related to EUC user in Japan.

Discusses the problems with current law. And that it probably should be changed.

Currently there has been 2 police involvements with EUC owner.

1) https://response.jp/article/2018/09/28/314469.html the most recent one, explained in the article above.

2) https://www.kyoto-np.co.jp/top/article/20180110000115 in January 2018, when there was accident between EUC and motorbike.

Perhaps eventually the law can be adjusted. Let's hoping.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, first time posting!

I live in Houston but I'll be visiting Japan from early to mid-December starting in the Kansai area and moving up to Kanto toward the middle of the month. Won't be able to bring my EUC with me sadly but if anyone's around would be cool to meet up.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/27/2018 at 1:16 AM, Toshio Uemura said:

Hi there, 

I read various questions on how EUCs are spreading in Japan. So I decided to share some pictures and videos from our group here in the Kansai area.

Please ? enjoy!

How have euc things/rules changed in Japan.

Will be visiting Osaka in October2019, of 3 wheelers.

Hope you see you and your beautiful city then.

Can't msg you here, can u PM/FB me, Toshio?

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2019 at 8:28 AM, jaiong said:

How have euc things/rules changed in Japan.

Will be visiting Osaka in October2019, of 3 wheelers.

Hope you see you and your beautiful city then.

Can't msg you here, can u PM/FB me, Toshio?

Gotten worse, sadly.

Some people on the street are aware of recent arrests (3 so far?) related to EUC and tell you not to ride it.

Supposedly clear to go in parks (but some parks specifically forbid bicycles and thus EUCs), and on private property / not public roads.

6 hours ago, dongie said:

Gotten worse, sadly.

Some people on the street are aware of recent arrests (3 so far?) related to EUC and tell you not to ride it.

Supposedly clear to go in parks (but some parks specifically forbid bicycles and thus EUCs), and on private property / not public roads.

Boycott Japan for tours..haha

Here in Zama, about 20 miles SW of Tokyo. There are no EUCs around here except of one other American and me.  I have asked the Japanese police about them and they tell me to keep them out of the traffic, I passed a couple cops on side streets and rode past a few Kobans (small police Stand) in the past couple days with just looks of WTF!  A friendly smile goes a long way with the Japanese .  Just don't ride your wheel like a Jackass and you should be fine.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/31/2019 at 11:37 AM, dongie said:

Gotten worse, sadly.

By the way, which region in Japan are you quoting here, dongie?

And is Miralwheels an euc retailer there? And where?

On 8/3/2019 at 7:34 AM, jaiong said:

By the way, which region in Japan are you quoting here, dongie?

And is Miralwheels an euc retailer there? And where?

I got told to stop riding (slower than walking speed, mind you) by a rando in Fukuoka while I was going from the station to where I had my car parked.

I've taken the wheel to Osaka, Mie, Hokkaido and ridden it on very narrow back roads (always avoiding main traffic roads) without issues.

I got told once by a police in a *really* rural area to get off the wheel and had to carry it back to my car few 100 meters (again, i was going at or below walking speed), on a completely deserted pedestrian pass next to a narrow countryside road.

未来ホイール looks to have been a website of some kind but they are currently down,

インモーション - Mirai Wheel - 電動一輪車Miraiwheel 未来ホイール
https://miraiwheel.com/collections/schooter
Mirai Wheel · サインイン; 0 0 · ショップ · 未来ホイールについて · コンタクト · ギャラリー · ホーム インモーション Page 1 of 1. インモーションV5とインモーションV8. 未来型の ...

(from google cache) 

There's a youtube channel called same but no posts in last 10 months - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBNOs4rTHqtZBBARug4DVTg/videos

I'm pretty sure whoever was running that was prolly just a foreigner who might have left Japan.

I think the cops in Fukuoka play hardball, a couple years ago three co-workers and myself was on a job there.  We got stopped walking on the sidewalk and had to go with the cops back to the hotel to show them our passports.  We all had military contractor ID cards that was not good enough for him. It all ended well, just a temporary pain in the butt.

Got my wheel (KS16S) registered as a bicycle on Camp Zama, Japan (United States Army). Now that is done, I will attempt to buy bicycle liability Insurance from the Japanese with my registered “Bicycle”.

Buying Bicycle insurance here in Japan is done at your local convenience store (7-11, Larson’s), you also can pay your utility bills there such as electric and water.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 2

• 6 months later...