It's like a moped - as far as the entrance fee was concerned

Bob Eisenman

So...for my days excursion to the tip of Plum Island to become real I needed to pass through the rangers fee collecting Station.

Unmanned during the colder winter days I would stuff the payment envelope with $2 and declared my EUC to be checked off as a bicycle for fee purposes. Untold numbers of cars simply passed through the gate without paying a fee via payment envelopes.

Today the ranger booth was staffed and several cars were lined up to pay and pass on to the Plum Island bird refuge. The second ranger looked at the Monster and said 'I dunno...it looks like ....you know...one of those hoverboards...which are not allowed.....let me call my boss to find out for sure.

I had a sinking feeling that I might not be allowed. After a few minutes on the phone with her supervisor she said 'he told me it's kinda like a moped... so $2 (the moped fee ) will cover the entrance fee.....

That was it ..pay $2 and move along.

Good to know. I went through last summer on my miniPro. They said i might have been the first to go through on a segway. You are probably the first on an EUC. They had never seen the small one. If i remember correctly the fee was $2 and i put segway as vehicle. 

ps... "kind of like a moped" ... ya that's right :)

10 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Good to know. I went through last summer on my miniPro. They said i might have been the first to go through on a segway. You are probably the first on an EUC. They had never seen the small one. If i remember correctly the fee was $2 and i put segway as vehicle. 

ps... "kind of like a moped" ... ya that's right :)

I’ve been saying this forever . If EUC ever really becomes mainstream it’s gonna replace moped traffic . Here in NC they changed the laws to require registration and insurance for mopeds . My only fear is that seeing an influx of “liquor cycle” drivers converting to EUC could paint us in a bad light as a whole . ?

On 2/25/2018 at 9:27 PM, Scott Henley said:

I’ve been saying this forever . If EUC ever really becomes mainstream it’s gonna replace moped traffic . Here in NC they changed the laws to require registration and insurance for mopeds . My only fear is that seeing an influx of “liquor cycle” drivers converting to EUC could paint us in a bad light as a whole . ?

i want eucs to be more mainstream but at the same time not.. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

To keep the wife happy . Duh !

Marty always liked that insult that was hurled at me by a OneWheeler in the FB group.

1 minute ago, Shad0z said:

he really must be into cleaning. since he own 7 roombas :D 

Duf has a bunch of roombas. He uploaded a vid talking about his newest one. I have to admit, I've always wanted one.

39 minutes ago, outcast00096 said:

Marty always liked that insult that was hurled at me by a OneWheeler in the FB group.

Duf has a bunch of roombas. He uploaded a vid talking about his newest one. I have to admit, I've always wanted one.

Thinking about getting one for my cat. So we can ride together. ?

Archived