Backpack for 14” EUC

Barrett Roberts

4 hours ago, Barrett Roberts said:

Sound like a perfect candidate for the One Z coming out ?

the 18s does pretty good. the wider tire might be better. need grunt.

did more pasture practice tn and i’m probably the only person on the planet using a wheel for this, but i don’t think there could be a better wheel for these bumpy pastures. the tall shell against ur leg really help absorb the jarring. i broke my right ankle years ago on my harley (don’t ever give a drunk stupid bartender neighbor guy a ride home, he pulled me over on my ankle, still pissed about that) so a lower form factor like the z10 might put more stress on that little bone i broke. the 18s is great. usually if i get out of sync, i’ll just step off and let it drop, today after a mile or so, i knew Bob was getting bored and lost focus and thought i might not be able to recoup my balance, i stepped back off and just grabbed the top of it. if u pasture ride, u will probably bounce off of it eventually, be able to grab it or exit nicely, is a plus. hopefully the battery/charge thing will get sorted out and kingsong will work on their app when they get off vacation.

I absolutely love my KS18 and the tall shell really does help.  I don’t pasture ride but I live on a golf course.   So, at night I fly down all the golf cart trails and then also ride off onto the course up and down all the hills.  It’s amazingly fun and you’re right, when it gets squirrely I just step off and let it drop.  

49 minutes ago, Barrett Roberts said:

I absolutely love my KS18 and the tall shell really does help.  I don’t pasture ride but I live on a golf course.   So, at night I fly down all the golf cart trails and then also ride off onto the course up and down all the hills.  It’s amazingly fun and you’re right, when it gets squirrely I just step off and let it drop.  

i was housesitting my mother’s house on temple terrace golf course where people used the golf course for soccer, walking their dogs etc and woulda been perfect for safe (no protective gear) learning, but that was 2013-14 and had no idea these existed and i’d need to learn to ride one for medical reasons. a golf course would be like glass compared to my pastures. i was thinking today i should probably get a mouth piece because it is jarring. it will be interesting to see if pasture riding makes my psa go up. i’ll test in april. golf course cart paths would be fun. in virginia i’ll bet it’s hilly and pretty. no concrete curbs to speak of, nice tight asphalt. wish i had a cart path running around the ranch. if i just sell the multifamily piece, i’ll go ahead and put that infrastructure in myself. yes i love the 18s, i’m not worried about losing range with the charger/voltage/battery situation as long as it can go like 6 pasture miles. not happy about it. i’d just like an explanation why it is happening, that makes sense. i presume if u charge ur 18s with the supplied charger, u get a 100% charge when the light turns green. mine says 90%. everytime.

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2018 at 10:23 PM, RayRay said:

I keep going back to baby/toddler carriers for inspiration..

Found a baby seat carrier (at a thrift store) and I made it work...

192631_2.jpg.75df6b20b8b08f697515ad3a8da0959f.jpg

This is a backpack for car seat... I combined it with a folding stadium seat to make a wheel carrier!

192515.jpg.8bb3fb7bde52d5ea9db8752d50aed52a.jpg192402.jpg.3ec3f7fafbe26a262757d5ecb33c17ef.jpg192306.jpg.5f4f41aea0740ef50e3f61de21bd346b.jpg

That's a KS14D in the picture; It's heavy, but manageable with this pack. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived