Backpack for 14” EUC

Barrett Roberts

27 minutes ago, novazeus said:

I don't understand what happens to the backpack when you carry your wheel. (I guess it becomes unusable?)

accessories_backpack__36161.1467751148_1280_1280.jpg.c819f736e99c67ae011389f53f7915e5.jpg5a90b01639685_61U5l3xGSL._SX522_.jpg.f1c27b2efe11f14ade32cf571246ceb1.jpg

It looks like a modified baby harness strapped to a regular backpack... (Needs more padding for the shoulder.)

17 hours ago, Barrett Roberts said:

Anyone found a good backpack option for carrying a 14” Kingsong?  

Why you want to carry it?  It carries you.  Oh, you want to carry 30 pounds on your back.  Just get a pack and fill it up with dirt.  Good exercise.

3 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Why you want to carry it?  It carries you.  Oh, you want to carry 30 pounds on your back.  Just get a seabag and fill it up with dirt.

There are some areas where it would be nice to have a carry method for the wheel rather than lugging 30 pounds around in one hand. 

8 minutes ago, Barrett Roberts said:

There are some areas where it would be nice to have a carry method for the wheel rather than lugging 30 pounds around in one hand. 

If only it had an extendable handle... One that you could pull out / up when needed, allowing you to "walk it" beside you.  :D

i’d rather have like a big laptop bag with a good shoulder strap. a golf bag slung over one shoulder has gotta be bulkier and heavier. plus then it’s concealed and u can put other shit in there and find it cheaper than this thing which is kinda gay if u ax me. if u already ordered it, it’s not gay. 

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i’d rather have like a big laptop bag with a good shoulder strap. a golf bag slung over one shoulder has gotta be bulkier and heavier.

A golf bag (with clubs) is about on par with what euc's weigh... (See what I did there?) ;)

Notice how golf bags have huge padded strap covers for your shoulder and are most comfortable when weight is evenly distributed/balanced. Either way, one or two straps,  it's gonna be a lot of weight on the shoulders and back. Additional lumbar support may be needed along with wider (padded) straps...

61HVBWXr7BL._SL1001_.jpg.8178e230a8d4e3dff7f65a04d7c60685.jpg

I keep going back to baby/toddler carriers for inspiration... Somehow, I feel like 'fat babies' are the key to solving this conundrum... :confused1:

You all are on the wrong path. Its a search for the EUC that will fit and be able to carry in a backpack. ;)

The ips i5 and the mTen are really the only ones that fit that bill. The ips the clear winner for shoulders everywhere at 17lbs and the mten is the clear winner for speed at 24lbs. They can both make it up a 30° paved hill.

Just what would you carry other than a ks14 at the heaviest anyway? 35 lbs is a lot to carry around. Golfbags distribute the weight in a balance and are actually heavier for the pro golfbags. At 9 holes of golf, you are carrying that weight for 1 1/2 miles and it takes just under 2 hours with about 35 stops to whack at a ball and curse.

I would just like a wheel lock so I could hug it tight against my body without losing a finger. Unless thats too gay... Lol :wub: I dont care who knows I love my v8. It has a prehensile handle. I probably wont rest it on anything other than my belt buckle. :unsure:

8 hours ago, Clovis said:

That’s a nice bag!  A bit on the expensive side for what I want.  My goal is mainly for when I have to go over some rough terrain or if I simply need both hands free. 

Also wanted it as a way to keep it from getting all banged up in the back of my truck.   

The funny thing was I actually saw a roller bag with extending handle to carry the wheel.  I couldn’t quite figure out how that is better than just rolling the wheel.  It was $100 and the reviews said the straps would tear off if you tried to wear it with the wheel inside. ?

10 hours ago, Barrett Roberts said:

I went with the ninebot thing.  I don’t care what it looks like if it works.   

I have the bag from Ninebotus. I got it with my Ninebot C+. It actually fit the Ninebot C+ snuggly. It works best with a 14-inch wheel. I've actually rode my KS18 with my KS14 on my back (because I happened to leave my KS14 at work once and needed to bring it home. The other time was when Michael Lutge didn't have a wheel and was borrowing mine to do a ride. I've probably have done this set up for about a grand total of 3 miles.) It does not fit the Luffy well, and probably would not fit the Mten well either. I've tried to put my Luffy there and it wanted to fall out because it is too small. You'd have to put it in the bag which works fine. 

There is a picture of mcm4 in my backpack. I bought it from Ali. About 20euros. Good big backpack also without euc?

Normally I use euc with trolley, but sometimes it needs to carry for a long time and long distance, then backpack is usefull.

I have pics of it but my pic limit is full?. I do not know how to add more pics to this forum?? (I am not good with these things..) ?

5 hours ago, Barrett Roberts said:

Also wanted it as a way to keep it from getting all banged up in the back of my truck.   

yeah i hear u. i’ve got a camper shell on my dooley and i need to figure out a way to store them. having a mattress pad taped on them is ugly but sure convenient for avoiding hangar rash. plus my running off skills are getting pretty darn good. i have more fun dismounting in the pasture than riding. i have a cat and i buy sam’s big bags of kitty litter and lay them on top of the kitty litter bags. i park in the shade so now it doesn’t get too hot. i need to build myself an air conditioned wheel garage next to my road. i got 6 wheels and i’ll be using them all out here on the ranch, all the time. beats burning polaris, jeep or truck gas or diesel. if i was any good with my box blade i’d grade a decent path around the ranch so i could get some speed but 8-10 mph in the pasture is probably safer. i don’t need a full face helmet, when i faceplant, it will probably be into a nice fresh warm cow pie.

Archived