The new Ninebot one P

Douglas Ingram

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks nice, except for the price ;)  Still wish they'd crammed a bigger battery into it (or more packs to keep the power high during voltage sag, I guess it's still 2P)... At least IPS has had 16" / 1000W models out for a while (Lhotz, 121, 122, 123 at 1000W, and 131, which is 1300W), I think the Xima Lhotz was already out when I was looking for a wheel, so not that big of a leap technically really, although the bigger battery models of IPSs are also "only" around 340-350Wh too (2 * 172Wh packs, I'd guess).

Yea I would like to order from speedyfeet but the E+ from them is something like 1900$ cdn so it would be dumb of me to do that when I can get them anywhere else for like 900$ 

stupid currency differences

this leads me to believe the P will be cheaper when other retailers start to carry it also.

Not so long ago, Ninebot said that the P-model was canceled... guess it's marketing strategy, you don't want to tell people about the new model before it's ready for production/first batch is made, so they would keep buying the current ones and not stop buying to wait for newer model  ;)

I like the looks.  I see that it's 100 BP more than the E+ on SpeedyFeet's site (and includes VAT), so I'd like to see what it costs on a site in U.S. Dollars.  It's got a small battery (like the Lhotz) and since the top speed is less than 30km/h I'm not sure it will do too well against all of those models that are coming out that do go 30km/h

Hmmm, it's priced at $999 on http://wheelyouride.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/category/1258673.

Only $124 more than I paid for my E+.  I'm not sure if I would have done it at the time because I really didn't want to spend as much as I did.  But now that I've learned to ride and enjoy it the 9B1-P might be OK someday in the future.

I feel that the battery should be bigger. or at least have a bigger option. the speed should have topped more around the 42km area as well just my opinion.  also why does the current tech not have the ability to go that speed? 

I feel that the battery should be bigger. or at least have a bigger option. the speed should have topped more around the 42km area as well just my opinion.  also why does the current tech not have the ability to go that speed? 

I'm sure Ninebot could make something that goes as fast as the other brands... Heck they're considered the biggest in the realm of EUC right? (biggest R&D, funding, staffs, etc)

I'm assuming they're just restricting the speed (on purpose) to avoid any potential serious injuries or even death leading to lawsuits.  Speed is not the only factor.  

On the battery side, however, i do agree that they couldve slapped in a bigger one but oh wells..

I am so used to this... You buy something and then either the price drops or the new version arrives... Never look back. :rolleyes:

I'll stick to my e+ and when it dies of old age i will look what the market then has to offer. 

I am so used to this... You buy something and then either the price drops or the new version arrives... Never look back. :rolleyes:

I'll stick to my e+ and when it dies of old age i will look what the market then has to offer. 

yea.. i'm planning to do the same with my e+. im hoping to ride mine for another 1000 miles and get a new one

I'm assuming they're just restricting the speed (on purpose) to avoid any potential serious injuries or even death leading to lawsuits.  Speed is not the only factor.  

That's what I am thinking as well.  They want a larger safety margin.  I guess time will tell if it's needed or not.

As far as the battery size is concerned I am guessing they didn't want to have to re-design any of the plastic parts and maybe 360WH was the most they could cram in the battery compartment.   Unfortunately, the small battery could be a show stopper for some.

I want a big battery just like everyone else, but the battery adds a lot to the weight. My Firewheel F260 is about at the limits of what I feel comfortable carrying up a long set of stairs, and I have to do it when I use the subway. A 360Wh battery should get you at least 90 to 120 minutes of riding time before needing a recharge. Do most people ride longer than that? 

I'm still not a fan of the Ninebot's handle design, which may get even more stress with the added battery weight. But the look of the wheel is just beautiful, and that means a lot when you're trying to attract serious buyers. Increasing the max speed was important too, now this wheel is on my list. If any company can turn the EUC into a mass-market success it seems like Ninebot will do it.

It sounds like they're using 3200mAh or 3300mAh cells (IIRC, Ninebot uses 15S2P-packs / 55V nominal voltage, 55V * 3.2Ah * 2 = 352Wh, 55V * 3.3Ah * 2 = 363Wh). The largest I know are 3.5Ah LG MJ1's, which could give 385Wh in total with 15S2P-battery, but would probably make the price even higher for not that much more capacity...

I want a big battery just like everyone else, but the battery adds a lot to the weight. My Firewheel F260 is about at the limits of what I feel comfortable carrying up a long set of stairs, and I have to do it when I use the subway. A 360Wh battery should get you at least 90 to 120 minutes of riding time before needing a recharge. Do most people ride longer than that? 

I'm still not a fan of the Ninebot's handle design, which may get even more stress with the added battery weight. But the look of the wheel is just beautiful, and that means a lot when you're trying to attract serious buyers. Increasing the max speed was important too, now this wheel is on my list. If any company can turn the EUC into a mass-market success it seems like Ninebot will do it.

I had to call my very first bike trail trip short because I ran out of battery and now I have to plan shorter trips, and I've never carried my 9B1 anywhere (I've walked it so I do need to get a trolley handle) so I wouldn't mind a bigger battery.

buying and packing around an extra battery would be pretty sweet. if they didn't cost half of what a bot costs, might as well buy two bots and only use one at a time.

buying and packing around an extra battery would be pretty sweet. if they didn't cost half of what a bot costs, might as well buy two bots and only use one at a time.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind that too.  I know how easy it is to replace a battery on a 9B1 but I would want it to be even easier... like a small door that could be opened without any tools.  But as you mentioned the battery costs hundreds of dollars.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind that too.  I know how easy it is to replace a battery on a 9B1 but I would want it to be even easier... like a small door that could be opened without any tools.  But as you mentioned the battery costs hundreds of dollars.

yea I figure buy the P model and pack around your e+ battery as a spare as you can't ride both at once anyhow, that is assuming the p model will take the E+ battery with no major problems 

did anyone else watch the price of the new P go from 999 to 1225 :(  also did anyone manage to pre order it while it was the price of 999 ? 

Archived