Advice and Tips before first order

that0n3guy

I probably spent an hour just in the house though... back and forth over and over.   When I figured out the pivot from the waist thing, I figured out how to go at slower speeds.  Turning at higher speeds (still less than 10mph though) is trickier, I always feel like I'm going to hit my front pedal. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t forget to wear some wrist guards and a helmet!  I ride bikes a lot and it is simply a smart habit for me now but I really beg folks to wear your helmet.  It only takes one fall to change your whole life.  Makes a good impression on the kids too!

I am transitioning from my normal bike helmet to the Lazer Revolution full face helmet.  This helmet has a removable chin guard.  Really a good all around three-in-one solution.

back country’s outlet shop (steep and cheap dot com) has the white one for $116 and that is easily the best deal going right now.

Might not be everybody’s cup of tea but thought I’d toss it in the ring for consideration.

Mine arrives tomorrow.

Glad you are up and running on the learner wheel!

1E5B7BB7-1D9C-41D5-A06F-CF911AA3F9D2.png

In full disclosure and after a review of forum rules - I have no affiliation with the Lazer helmet company, BackCountry or their affiliates.

My post is purely to strongly encourage helmet use and that particular model is priced competitively and can be used with or without the chin guard.  MIPS is pretty cool tech too!  

If I am out of bounds just let me know and I’ll take the screen shot down.

I believe in free will and encourage everyone to make their own decisions.

cheers!

Yeah, I've been wearing my motorcycle jacket (elbow, shoulder, spine protection), bern 'watts' helmet, and wrist guards. Its not full face, but should do the job for most falls.

I brought the unicycle to my office today :).  I rode it to refill my water a lot today...   I have to pee again.

Archived