Cloning Mini PLUS: when black is beautiful

Ecodrift.ru posted on http://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?msg=1278182 many pictures of Mini PLUS clone

Color is black, very nice

(please look better quality pictures @electrotransport forum)

5212.jpg.41bb195db2f8d435ad8ea8dfa3caf1f5.jpg

Translating the sticker, i discovered the manufacturer:  Yongkang Aijiu Industry Co., Ltd  http://www.ajbike.ltd/ 

Clone's specs are equal to the Mini specs : 350x2 - 18kmh

Tire, bodyframe, fenders and fine , except the cable connecting the steering bar to the body, are perfectly identical to the original

Pads are identicals to original without the brand name printed on 

it gives me the impression that these body parts come out of the same production line as the LOOMO (which is black)  

https://photos.app.goo.gl/r1P42BDkKVW4aro46

the connector cache has no printed characters too
pads and cover are blank

unfortunately there have no other pictures...

On 2/23/2018 at 9:20 AM, FreeRide said:

Nice! Black is beautiful!  

The mini plus, and Apple air pods need to be black. 

;) Ninebot's engineers are fascinated by APPLE's design (read Ninebot car development diary) Mini PLUS's remote control is inspired by Apple's design

Ninebot N°2 Mr Wang said Mini PLUS only exist in white, Loomo is in black, but many users customised Mini PLUS into black or other color

21 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Such an enjoyable read! Thank you for the link!

There are even some facts that reveals the mystery around the "Ninebot" name!

"The summer of 2012, Ninebot project officially launched, code-named "zero" (ie Ninebot E No. 9 robot)"

-November 9 seems to be official "birthday" of the first Ninebot - the E model. "November 09 - together, because of love" (project was first mentioned 22 days before that at the press conference)

And since they were working on the self-balancing robotic device it was named Ninebot (fusion of November 9 and robot)

And there is even more:

Ninebot unicycle (Ninebot One) is the successor to the model Elite, with the goals of being both as attractive and having the same quality level but with much lower weight and price.

Hence the name - "One" (both as the heir to the project "Zero" and a symbol of a single wheel)!

I just need v2 650Wh easily removable battery, 25km/h top cruise speed, more comfortable foot platform. Foot/standing area should be solid one solid piece completely flat. The entire platform can collapse for sensor, or better yet a strain gauge based sensor so platform can fe very solid and reliable. I'm surprised. How uncomfortable the platform of the mini is. I presume it is much better on segways as no one ever mentions any issues. Not sure how the elite feels, but i'll find out soon.  Oh and a decent app. “No login or registration required” that should be illegal to require that. Ebikes are so much better in this regard. 

Archived