anyone riding Dualtron Man???....

yourtoys7

22 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Dualtron is general seems like a fine company, they make the best electric high end scooters out there. I have a Dualtron II ex on order

Woah, Mark, we need to finally ride (trying to coordinate a group NYC ride soon what with the better weather) and you need to let me try the II haha! (I mean, with your blessing, I'm fine if you say no).

The company is actually called Mini Motors, and their e-kick scooter line brands are Dualtron and Speedway, with the DualtronMan footbike the oddball offering.

They are basically the top performance e-kick scooter in the world (ask the French, as they are well attuned to the e-kick scooter market as well as EUCs).

I've been wrestling with the idea of getting a MiniMotor e-kick scooter, but all these new EUCs are more of a priority.

Maybe after my EUC buys, I'll pick between the newly announced Dulatron X / Thunder / III / and Compact.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Woah, Mark, we need to finally ride (trying to coordinate a group NYC ride soon what with the better weather) and you need to let me try the II haha! (I mean, with your blessing, I'm fine if you say no).

Absolutely Chris, Im amazed we haven't ridden around, Im in Tribeca and Battery Park City. Once the scoot comes you are welcome to run around on it.  I prefer riding my numerous EUC's but got the scoot coming so my wife can join the high speed chase too. I read the 2018 announcement from Minimotors, but I heard that they are a bit delayed for their release, so Im sticking to the 2017 Dualtron II ex, which is supposed to top out at 65 km/h, and looks like quite the machine with a range of 80- 100 km ( hard to believe )

ahhh the addiction...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, who_the said:

I was with some friends when they test rode the top dog Ultra. 50 mph like it's nothing! Bit fast for me but damn it looks fun.

You don't HAve to go 50 mph ;)

2 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Absolutely Chris, Im amazed we haven't ridden around, Im in Tribeca and Battery Park City. Once the scoot comes you are welcome to run around on it.  I prefer riding my numerous EUC's but got the scoot coming so my wife can join the high speed chase too. I read the 2018 announcement from Minimotors, but I heard that they are a bit delayed for their release, so Im sticking to the 2017 Dualtron II ex, which is supposed to top out at 65 km/h, and looks like quite the machine with a range of 80- 100 km ( hard to believe )

ahhh the addiction...

Cool, sounds like a plan!

Smart choice too in the II Ex, recently got father a Mini Pro on an Amazon sale, but the II Ex would be a faster alternative.

Me, if I do enter the e-kick scooter domain, hard to pass up bigger and fatter tires with hydraulic shocks like the new MM offerings!

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:17 PM, Mrd777 said:

Dualtron is general seems like a fine company, they make the best electric high end scooters out there. I have a Dualtron II ex on order

@Mrd777 could you share the link where you ordered from? Im sort of toying with idea of getting one, but the convenience of one wheel, hmmm......

52 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Mrd777 could you share the link where you ordered from? Im sort of toying with idea of getting one, but the convenience of one wheel, hmmm......

I’ll let @Mrd777 answer too, but FYI @Jason McNeil / ewheels.com sells the Speedway Mini Pro 4 & Speedway 4 Pro. The Speedway series is made by the same manufacturer as the Dualtron series, Mini Motors, and all of their lines are basically best-in-class e-kick scooters.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

Yes, you can pick up the Speedway 4 pro from ewheels which is by Mini Motors which seems excellent.   The Dualtron II will run you another 1k, which you can buy on Aliexpress,  There are many variations of the Dualtron Scooter:  Rapter, S, Ex, Ex+, Limited and Ultra.  Just for the record, my true love by far is the EUC, however ebikes, eskates, and escoots are a blast to own. I love riding my eskateboard on the right road, nothing beats the feeling...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

What I love most about the SW IV, is that the deck is long enough where you can carry a girl passenger on back, snugly holding on for dear life :innocent1:.

The Spooning Factor! Print it up in the marketing points ASAP! :lol::lol:

36 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

We'll be bringing in the new DualTrons as well once the production gets underway.

34 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

The suspension & braking are superb, you're also not constantly worrying about cut-outs, so can be much more aggressive in sustaining high speed. When in hurry to run an errand across the causeway between the Beach & Miami, there's no question about grabbing the scooter for the job. 

Dammit @Jason McNeil, you're trying to make me broke! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

We'll be bringing in the new DualTrons as well once the production gets underway.

Dualtron/Speedway are way ahead of the game, think of Speedway as the Gotway for Electric Scooters. Even their 'entry level' Mini4 is capable of 28MPH, with a 748 battery pack. As a Wheel Rider there is certainly an element of lameness while holding onto anything, but as @houseofjob wrote, there's other advantages. What I love most about the SW IV, is that the deck is long enough where you can carry a girl passenger on back, snugly holding on for dear life :innocent1:. The SW IV has no trouble getting up to 50kph, I've even eclipsed the 60kph mark once. The suspension & braking are superb, you're also not constantly worrying about cut-outs, so can be much more aggressive in sustaining high speed. When in hurry to run an errand across the causeway between the Beach & Miami, there's no question about grabbing the scooter for the job. We'll be making a series of review videos about these over of the next month.  

@Rehab1, have you considered this as an alternative, at least until you come to your senses?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I want to warn against buying from minimotors.

I wanted to buy a dualtron man motor because I built my own scooter using the dualtron motor. There products are very good. The idiots at minimotors blocked me for asking to buy a few dualtron man motors. The workers at mini motors are so retarded that they don't realize they could make thousands upon thousands of dollars off me but instead decided to block me. 

I warn you: DO NOT buy from minimotors, their products are fantastic, but their people and after services are a complete failure and will not sell you replacement motors when scooter motors fail and or you want to build a scooter using their motor.

They said "we don't give advice about the tuning of our products" and when I told them that I made your motor go 53mph or 88km/h  and 49mph up all hills. They get arroant and angey when someone else makes their products better. 

Remember: I'm calling the people that work at minimotors garbage because the way they treat me. I'm NOT calling their products garbage. Everything breaks and I definitely understand that.

What I don't understand is when a company gets too arragont and doesn't sell parts. It seems like they should know they could make a ton of money from selling motors and not just the 600w motor on the minimotors site.

Please spread my word about this irritabley douchy company..... I don't want anyone else to suffer what I'm going through with minimotors. I also want minimotors to see my message. 

received_562668324095645.jpeg

received_564145223947955.jpeg

Screenshot_20180223-015803.jpg

Interesting. This one, you mean?;

http://www.dual-tron.com/page/duronman

So, it weighs ~2x as much, and has smaller wheel base. So, not as portable and not a terrain capable. Wheel base to me is huge, the 14" EUC's were a big disappointment for me. Not sure how 15" would do, but 16" seems minimum to me.

I would also point out that 2 tires are twice the maintenance as 1. I will be sticking with EUC.

Oh, and you still have to be very careful on 2 wheels. I rode electric scooters for about 2 years before EUCs, and had a couple spills on them. I would say you have about the same safety concerns.

Edited by Circuitmage
  • Like 2

@Circuitmage could you please explain how are they equally dangerous  to one wheel? when I lost power on one wheel, I went flying (not fun). when you loose power on 2 wheels you would just roll it of... you just lost power, that's all or does the wheel locks up?

• Upvote 1

On 2/26/2018 at 2:44 PM, VoltsAmpsWatts said:

I want to warn against buying from minimotors.

I wanted to buy a dualtron man motor because I built my own scooter using the dualtron motor. There products are very good. The idiots at minimotors blocked me for asking to buy a few dualtron man motors. The workers at mini motors are so retarded that they don't realize they could make thousands upon thousands of dollars off me but instead decided to block me. 

I warn you: DO NOT buy from minimotors, their products are fantastic, but their people and after services are a complete failure and will not sell you replacement motors when scooter motors fail and or you want to build a scooter using their motor.

They said "we don't give advice about the tuning of our products" and when I told them that I made your motor go 53mph or 88km/h  and 49mph up all hills. They get arroant and angey when someone else makes their products better. 

Remember: I'm calling the people that work at minimotors garbage because the way they treat me. I'm NOT calling their products garbage. Everything breaks and I definitely understand that.

What I don't understand is when a company gets too arragont and doesn't sell parts. It seems like they should know they could make a ton of money from selling motors and not just the 600w motor on the minimotors site.

Please spread my word about this irritabley douchy company..... I don't want anyone else to suffer what I'm going through with minimotors. I also want minimotors to see my message. 

received_562668324095645.jpeg

received_564145223947955.jpeg

Screenshot_20180223-015803.jpg

I can't see any reason they wouldn't be excited about this Johnny Number 5 scooter that's fast enough to kill the rider and 7 or 8 bystanders while going up Filbert St. in San Francisco. 

3 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Circuitmage could you please explain how are they equally dangerous  to one wheel? when I lost power on one wheel, I went flying (not fun). when you loose power on 2 wheels you would just roll it of... you just lost power, that's all or does the wheel locks up?

Not to mention they teach you that your first brake on the DTM is a non-mechanical, rubber ‘kicker’ which you slide one foot piece on an edge against the pavement to stop 

Edited by houseofjob

@yourtoys7 I just mean that from a general rider safety perspective, they have similar issues (dealing with obstacles, pedestrians, speed regulation, etc)  . I don't have any experience on the DTM, but in general 2-wheel scooter riding is very similar to 1 wheel from my experience, after you get used to the specific riding mechanics. I even had a blow out on my 2 wheel scooter at about 12mph, and it was not fun. I went head over handlebars when my front tire blew. So in general, even though it may be more stable in short term, and learning to ride, you still have long term issues to worry about (2 tire maintenance, similar issues when you ramp up in comfort to a higher speed, etc).

Also, it looks to me that skateboarders might like the DTM, with that rider position, but for me it would seem very unnatural as I am no skateboarder. Plus , it looks like you have your feet kind of locked into those wheels...doesn't look like you can as easily jump off one of those things. I dunno...I pass.

Edited by Circuitmage
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dear folks,

I got my dtm last year and had lots of help from houseofjob. He was very helpful. I took about a month to master the handling and maintain balance. A big part of the problem with learning is a lack of instructive videos in English and I couldn't understand how people on the youtube videos could ride this like 2nd nature. I don't think its dangerous to ride in anyway. Its like riding a bicycle. Just don't be too reckless to ride on the main roads and be more careful when it comes to narrow pathways. Low speed control is very challenging for newbies. I did a video to demonstrate how to get started. The main thing is (1) getting the 1/2 throttle right, (2) foot position (front and back wheel well), (3) start with speed setting one. 

Remember that form the "triangle". That is the foot position, shin forming a triangle with the dtm body. The pedal extension mod is useful and helps to improve control and balance. *Pic attached*

PS: Forgot to add. For beginners, you should try to get used to the braking. If you drive, the braking on a dtm is more "rapid" and "reactive" than a normal motor car. Its not close to progressive and (indeed) far from anything progressive. Try to brake on a straight line, rather than braking on a turn. Braking straight line reduces risks of losing control and tripping. 

Have fun. Hope this video helps. 

dtm.png

Edited by vesfreq
  • Like 2

• 4 years later...