Scott Henley

If this isn’t okay tell me and I’ll take it down.

Just curious as to what the average age is of an EUC rider . I’m 29 but it seems like I’m the minority . Everyone I’ve spoken to seems to be mid 40’s or above . So just curious what everyone’s thoughts are. Why isn’t EUC more prevalent among younger people ? What age did you start riding EUC? 

I would guess that it is more prevalent among older people because we have more disposable income along with more time.  Many 20-30 somethings are developing their careers and/or are raising a family.  

Just now, Cranium said:

I would guess that it is more prevalent among older people because we have more disposable income along with more time.  Many 20-30 somethings are developing their careers and/or are raising a family.  

I suppose that makes sense if you look at it as an expensive “toy”. I have a 6yo a wife and a demanding job. (I’m the head chef at a local bakery) I use my EUC’s as a mode of green transportation. Commute to work daily with them . Small footprint , 0 emission vehicle. Most people that stop me have the same question: How far can it go on a single charge ? Most of them ask 3-6mi? They have no idea how much range you actually get . Tons of people commute to work everyday on bikes . And a good bike is in the same price range as a good EUC so I think (I hope) eventually more people will realize the practicality and advantages of owning and riding an EUC . It’s the idea that it’s merely an expensive play thing that we really need to squash . 

51 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I can't get the link to work, but if you put age poll in the search function, there is one that was done Oct 2015 that is pretty interesting.   @esaj made it.

I’ll take a look, thanks ! I’m assuming a lot has changed since then . 2015 was when EUC fist emerged on the market right ?

2 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

I’ll take a look, thanks ! I’m assuming a lot has changed since then . 2015 was when EUC fist emerged on the market right ?

I just hovered over your icon and went to the post you found, that's a different one from a couple months later, but even better than the one I found.   Not sure when the EUC first emerged.

6 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I just hovered over your icon and went to the post you found, that's a different one from a couple months later, but even better than the one I found.   Not sure when the EUC first emerged.

Hmm. I’m really not sure either . This is the poll I found. But I guess you knew that. I thought I read once that 2014-2015 was when the first KS wheel came out . But GW came before KS I believe so maybe a year or two before that . Technology sure has changed since the first EUC came out that’s for sure . 

C0A7C183-0A80-46A0-BEFC-FD006D5727DC.png

It's money, quite simply. The sort of young crowd this would appeal to don't have this kind of disposable cash. And if they do, It's usually spent instead on that new phone or holidays.

It's the same with the electric skateboard crowd that I've talked to recently. Very few under 30.

As for the rollerblader/skater crowd....they're broke by definition! Lol they wouldn't be taken seriously by their peers if they had money ?

5 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

It's money, quite simply. The sort of young crowd this would appeal to don't have this kind of disposable cash. And if they do, It's usually spent instead on that new phone or holidays.

It's the same with the electric skateboard crowd that I've talked to recently. Very few under 30.

As for the rollerblader/skater crowd....they're broke by definition! Lol they wouldn't be taken seriously by their peers if they had money ?

Sounds about right. I’ve yet to come across anyone around my age who rides EUC . At this point though I’d take an 80yo as a riding partner. I just want someone to ride with and none of my friends “have that kinda cash “ . ?

if i make it, i’m gonna be 64 April 9th. only over the 9bot’s age limit by 14 years. i know i’m not the oldest on the forum. i don’t mind in my situation, but i could see how that would be depressing. it’s only a number, don’t mean shit.

58 minutes ago, Smoother said:

cradle robber, and on his first post no less.  He'll fit right in.;)

Too funny! 

I started in june 2017 as a dare, my gf of 5 years got into it and now we are practicing in tandem...

This the Valentine pic she sent me.

Extracted from a video.

VDay2018.jpg

19 minutes ago, pico said:

Too funny! 

I started in june 2017 as a dare, my gf of 5 years got into it and now we are practicing in tandem...

Extracted from a video.

VDay2018.jpg

Ahhhhh so sweet.

55 minutes ago, pico said:

Too funny! 

Extracted from a video.

VDay2018.jpg

awww thats a nice photo  ^_^

5 hours ago, pico said:

63 and girlfriend 53

Soon 64 and 54

when are u 64? no girlfriend, better, man’s best friend and Bob will be 2 or 14 on october 8th. i love Bob. this is where we have been practicing ks-18s pasture riding. it’s a hoot. i am literally grunting, driving and steering this wheel over the pasture.

39510642995_7a78cbb642_b.jpg

Sorry guys I had text that was not shown on my last post.

" Bwahhh, I have to start with pics first ;)

Thank you for the warm welcome!"

Novazeus, you beat me to 64. Late april.

Marty, I do juggle too!

Maybe we will soon duo backwards!

Will post video but my 120g SD card is being scanned for recovery :( at the moment and don't want to hijack a thread...

Archived