Knee Controller for the PTR Elite?

FreeRide

I do not feel as comfortable using it as the Handlebar. I have mini-pros as well and much prefer that setup for hands free.

Being higher off the ground on the PTR makes the lean feel more severe and the speed is the same as with the handle.

If I were younger and less breakable I would probably be more comfortable with the knee bar on the PTR.

As it is now my wife uses the PTR with handlebar and I have an I2SE for long outdoor treks. The mini-pros are used mostly indoors.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, Where did you get your kneebar? I've sent emails to numerous different ninebot addreses, and no responses from them or Segway. Seems like customer support is something they have no concept of.  

The lean is likely more software than the small height increase. 

Edited by FreeRide

2 hours ago, P99Guy said:

I ordered it from SpeedyFeet in the UK. Have you contacted ninebotus.com?

they have always been really responsive when I have had questions. 

Yes, sent them a couple emails about a month apart and got no response to either. I may try again, could be since they don't have them they feel no response is their best option. Thanks for your replies. 

FYI:  I now have confirmed from ninebotus and another ninebot connected source that they are no longer making the knee controller for the Elite series.  

I heard from another source that they are actually no longer manufacturing the Elite series at all, but have plenty of inventory.  This may be true because I was surprised to find that my February Elite + purchase had it's battery charged in July 2016, so basically it had been sitting in the US warehouse for at least an entire year and a half.  I have a feeling we could see these machines selling for between $1K and 1.5K, if not lower, before too long .  

I'm surprised how different it feels to ride the Elite vs the MiniPro, and that the minipro actually feels more refined. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Vláďa Jeywe Doležel said:

Hi, I´ve tried to get knee bar for PTR elite+ as well. Can you please help me with that?Where to order? Or do you guys have one of these which you arent using anymore? Thanks! @FreeRide

I never did find one, they were only available for a short time and very hard to find.  However, if you use your Elite for a while I think you may come to find that a knee controller may not work that great on that device at all as it was an after thought after the Mini was designed for it.  I think the tension and the sensitivity may not suit the knee controller at all.  This is just a feeling though so if you have given it some thought then feel free to ignore it.  

I did buy some material to make my own knee controller, but since i have several Mini's and I really enjoy them more than the PTR Elite I have not got around to try and make my knee controller.  One day I hope, but it will be just for the challenge as I'm not too interested in the Elite anymore, but it's fun to take out from time to time for short rides, when there is not a Mini all charged up (that will soon be never so... less chances for the Elite to get out).

• 5 months later...

I realize this is a super old thread but I was wondering if anyone had an Elite knee bar they would be willing to part with (and at what cost) as this would be perfect for my setup. 

I currently use a Nino Robotics wheelchair daily, but find there are occasions where a control like this would be much more suitable (eg shopping, being able to then use a trolley without the handlebar being in the way). I've contacted Nino but no joy yet.

All this from watching Netflix series 'Warrior Nun' (I know, lol) where they actually feature the Ninos along with a modified kneebar control (basically exactly what I need) but I'm fairly certain that these would be custom made for shooting I'm guessing...

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer 👍🏻

I've tried the usual second hand places with no success.