Gotway Monster: anyone has experience with fastcharger from AliExpress??

Looking on Aliexpress, there's this big shop YZPOWER, who sells lots a fastcharger.  Have bought from them in the past. A FC for my Ks18s, works fine, with just a small spark. Are there ppl here who have bought a FC from this shop, suitable for GW Monster? I don't want to shell out lots a  $$ for the genuine regular FC. That'said why decide for going a little cheaper. If there is a suitable FC in this shop, which one to get and what are your experiences if you bought one yourself? 

Best.?

On 19.2.2018 at 11:45 AM, Rudy Sijnke said:

Looking on Aliexpress, there's this big shop YZPOWER, who sells lots a fastcharger.  Have bought from them in the past. A FC for my Ks18s, works fine, with just a small spark. Are there ppl here who have bought a FC from this shop, suitable for GW Monster? I don't want to shell out lots a  $$ for the genuine regular FC. That'said why decide for going a little cheaper. If there is a suitable FC in this shop, which one to get and what are your experiences if you bought one yourself? 

Best.?

In General:

Connect the charger to the wall socket first...then there should be no spark  all!

unfortunatly a link is missing,so i dont know what you call cheap?

I would advise to contact 1radwerkstatt.de by E-Mail...they have a wide range of fast chargers with different prices!

You can get a 5Amp charger from about 60-70 Euro up to 120-130 Euro, depending on if it is a cheap one with fan, or a better one with no fans and only heatsink cooling. Chris might/can also adjust your fast charger to a 80 or 90% charge, if you want to! (Last 10% you can use standard charger....as the last ten percent charge are on all chargers the same slow time)

Like said, i would contact by E-Mail....as his website is not always uptodate and does also not show the wide variety of options he offers!

Thanks for the advise! 

Here I found the link to the Aliex charger: 

Aluminium 84V 4A 5A Lithium Battery Charger for 20S 72V Li-ion Lipo E-bike Tricycle Bicycle
http://s.aliexpress.com/uIjAfU7B?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard 
(from AliExpress Android)

If this works, I might get this one. 

Here is the link for the fast charger I use with my MS3 1600 and with the Monster :

Chargeur 84V 4A

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20S-72V-84V-CV-4amp-Li-ion-LiPoly-Battery-Charger-Aluminum-Casing-Electric-Bicycle-Charger/32220754257.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.525yP7

To put in the comments of your order: With GX16 4 pins connector (+ in 1, - in 2)

1 hour ago, OliG said:

Here is the link for the fast charger I use with my MS3 1600 and with the Monster :

Chargeur 84V 4A

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20S-72V-84V-CV-4amp-Li-ion-LiPoly-Battery-Charger-Aluminum-Casing-Electric-Bicycle-Charger/32220754257.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.525yP7

To put in the comments of your order: With GX16 4 pins connector (+ in 1, - in 2)

Thanks!!??

2 hours ago, OliG said:

Chargeur 84V 4A

Do think they also have this one as an 5A charger?

15 minutes ago, Rudy Sijnke said:

I bought this charger in a 67 volt 5 amp version a couple of years ago, although I don't think it was from this same seller. I am still using it today and it does the job. The fan in it has developed a rattle that quiets down after a few minutes, it would be relatively easy to replace it but it is actually a feature because I can tell when it stops and the wheel is fully charged. :D

Overall I would recommend it because it is much more solidly build than the little 2-amp chargers that tend to come with the wheels. The one that Ewheels sells looks better and has more features but is more expensive.

8 hours ago, Rudy Sijnke said:

My advice is to limit to 4A charger without modification of charge cables and charge connectors of the wheel. It’s already fast enough to charge without risk for the wheel. 

6 hours ago, OliG said:

My advice is to limit to 4A charger without modification of charge cables and charge connectors of the wheel. It’s already fast enough to charge without risk for the wheel. 

Thanks!?

I purchased the official one from Ian at SpeedyFeet. Personally I wouldn't use third party BUT if others have used them then the choice is yours. 

To prolong the life of the batteries don't charge via fast charge too often though. I generally used the standard charger and only used the fast charger when I needed a faster turnaround. 

Archived