help please my ks-18s only charging to 90%

novazeus

33 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i give up

You're problem is occurring because you are posting the link as "Rich Text", i.e., formatted text. I don't know what browser you are using (many allow you to paste as Plain Text), but you can instead paste your copied text into your browsers URL field (which instantly converts it into plain text), then copy the text from the URL box and then paste that into the Forum post.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rob Valley said:

Wow was that screenshot taken while riding? thats an awful lot of power for 0.0 mph

nope. that’s sitting still, maybe laying on its side at first start up. before it’s moved an inch. 

that’s why it’s frustrating. kinda hard to troubleshoot something when the only wheels u have ever seen, are the ones u bought. i have two ks wheels and with kingsong’s software, they both have screens like this and the power gauge constantly goes up and down.

i have a 9bot1e+ and the pedals feel mushy and weird to me and it’s on it’s hhardest setting. no other 9bot1e- t compare it to. 

the only wheels i’ve ever seen are the ones i bought.

@Flora Yuan a little help please. just tell me is this normal? is my wheel safe? something. i don’t even care if i’m losing range, but i have no idea what a good kingsong wheel (no defects) is like.

it’s probably not good for your business or @Jason McNeil business to have this go unresolved. i’ll fix what i have to fix if necessary but i don’t want a lung transplant just because i have a little cough.

4 hours ago, Rob Valley said:

Wow was that screenshot taken while riding? thats an awful lot of power for 0.0 mph

Thats a little glitch, the board reports unbelievable high amounts of watts/amps when standing still....when you start riding its ok! Just a little software bug...depending on the variables used.

Edited by KingSong69

Just now, Jason McNeil said:

It may sound like stating the obvious, but you decided to take a gamble on buying these Wheels from AliExpress, when we could have sold you these at probably  exactly the same price.  The relationship on the warranty is between buyer & seller, you need to take this up with the party who sold it to you.

i paid $1700 for the ks18s and $1070 for the ks16s with the largest batteries. i definitely did not want to buy from aliexpress but at the time and with the onfo on ur website, like, are u gonna charge sales tax on a fl resident and not knowing ur margins and what a small market it is and how small of a business it is, i didn’t try to negotiate a price but neither did u. i was gonna buy a charge doctor from u yesterday but the shipping was almost half the cost of the product. i can’t believe how expensive shipping has become. i’d hate to think how much shipping a big 60 pound box back and forth to miami cost for warranty. it is in ur business best interest to monitor the forum, like duh, and i appreciate u trying to offer advice but i’m still no closer to knowing why the battery packs aren’t registering a full charge. there appears to be only one electric unicycle forum on this planet, so why doesn’t segway, kingsong, gotway etc etc etc monitor the forum and try to help people resolve issues with their defective products. they just aren’t serious about building a good business imho.

• Like 1

Hey @novazeus, if the EUC is under warranty, you usually dont pay the shipping. Most of the people here , myself included diagnose by confirmation bias. If we have had your problem and solved it, we have advice. Unfortunately most of the advice is like advice for removing gum from hair. 

One thing is to update the firmware on the ks18s and see if that helps. You should share these anxieties with the seller who sold you this instead of the companies who didnt.

Edited by Stan Onymous

On 2/18/2018 at 9:46 PM, novazeus said:

according to wheellog and kingsong app my ks-18s is only reading 90% charge but the charger green light came on. all the little leds on the battery level indicator are lit. it’s reading 64.46volts.

aargh. just when i finally figure out how to use these things problems arise with the damn batteries.

I have the same issue.  I use an e-wheel charger and set it at 80% charge and both apps show it at 72% when the charger shuts off. 

4 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

You should share these anxieties with the seller who sold you this instead of the companies who didnt.

Jason just tried to help. To me, if he's sitting on a big inventory of ks18s and ks16s, and this loudmouth like me is bitching on the only forum in the world where prospective customers might peruse before buying, like I did, if he has a simple answer to shut me up, if it were me, whether I sold me the euc or not, I'd help out. Obviously he cannot diagnose or solve the problem with the info I've provided. The aliexpress vendor might care but since kingsong acts like they only sell exclusively to dealers, Jason probably should care more. I appreciate Jason trying to help, don't get me wrong, but I agree, not his job. And these aren't anxieties, I have defective wheels that may or may not need to be fixed. 

36 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

depending on the variables used

Idk what that means but yeah knowing the sensitivity of different measuring devices, I figured that was nothing, just like it showing top speed when it hasn't moved. 

1 minute ago, novazeus said:

Idk what that means but yeah knowing the sensitivity of different measuring devices, I figured that was nothing, just like it showing top speed when it hasn't moved. 

These apps are terrible.  When you charge your 16S all the way; are all the green lights on?  When i charged mine to 90%  I set the charge to 90% and it shut off and all the green lights except for one was lit on the wheel.  Both apps showed 83% charge.

• Upvote 1

I dont use smart chargers or worry about only charging to a lessor charge to save the batteries. Screw that specialty marketing bs. It either works using a usual M.O. or people stop using it. I am not buying into the specialty charging marketing. Its good for selling complicated circuitry, but not much better for your batteries vs enjoyment and maintenance needed as an extra step every charge.

That said, you are worried about the app being a bit stricter with the power readings than the charger right? You believe it is 100% because of the green light, and the app thinks that it is only 90%. Seems to me that the app is just being too safe with regards to power measurements. What do the bars on the back say, and what is your range? That should be your measurement on whether the EUC is fully powered for the short term until you can find out more about it. With this test you should be able to see if the app power measurements are accurate or the charger is accurate in a very manual way for this device. 

You should be getting about 30-40 miles of range on your 840wh ks16s and similar but less on a ks18s 840wh. The 1680wh ks18s should get about 55-60 full speed (25mph and over) and another 10-15 miles at lower than 20mph speed.

28 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

because of the green light, and the app thinks that it is only 90%. Seems to me that the app is just being too safe with regards to power measurements.

Yes. Unfortunately, I have to either rely on kingsong's buggy app for state of charge, or split open the wheels and measure the batteries with a meter, I guess.

Like I said, I don't care about range or even if the battery packs are defective, as long as the wheels are safe. @KingSong69 one of the moderators stated not being able to reach full charge occasionally, is dangerous. Like I said, nothing to compare it to, kingsong doesn't seem to wanna pipe in. Oh well, I guess they are selling all the ks wheels they can make. 

Plus, pasture riding range I'm sure is waay less.

Edited by novazeus

I feel for you @novazeus warranty stuff is a real problem when the dealer is so far away.  Have you interacted with your dealer?  I know the prospect of shipping a wheel back to China is daunting, but you may not be asked to do that, and ultimately it's your choice whether to comply or not.  I'm not going to put my oar in the water about King Song customer service, as I don't want any more fanboy hate replies.  Basically, this is a bleeding edge technology, produced 1/2 way across the world, by people who do not rate the volume of our business compared to their domestic customers.  Add to that language and cultural barriers and you have a recipe for discontent. That's why you have charging issues, and I have a wheel in 50 pieces under my desk.  But I'm still glad I got into this crazy schiznit.

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

I feel for you @novazeus warranty stuff is a real problem when the dealer is so far away.  Have you interacted with your dealer?  I know the prospect of shipping a wheel back to China is daunting, but you may not be asked to do that, and ultimately it's your choice whether to comply or not.  I'm not going to put my oar in the water about King Song customer service, as I don't want any more fanboy hate replies.  Basically, this is a bleeding edge technology, produced 1/2 way across the world, by people who do not rate the volume of our business compared to their domestic customers.  Add to that language and cultural barriers and you have a recipe for discontent. That's why you have charging issues, and I have a wheel in 50 pieces under my desk.  But I'm still glad I got into this crazy schiznit.

seeing how kingsong either doesn’t know what the problem is, or doesn’t care what the problem is or a combination of both and are too stupid to realize me bad mouthing their product is hurting their business, i’m gonna do some logic tn and come up with an answer, because honestly, i think the batteries are getting a full charge, but their app, which i already knew was defective and @fryman has the same problem, and the charge levels are consistently 90% on the ks-18s and 93% on the ks-16s, it’s the app or whatever thing reads the voltage on the wheel. i’ve had motherboards before with bad voltage and temperature readings. didn’t care then either, as long as they didn’t crash(for the younger crowd, we use to have these things called computer desktops). but crashing on a wheel could be harmful, even as slow as i go. i just think it’s extremely rude and extremely stupid for kingsong not too monitor this forum and try to be helpful. worlds worst business people. u can reach practically all ur customers, future customers and build goodwill, yet they are too busy or don’t want to learn english. i think these chinese companies don’t care because they are obviously good at stealing technology and copying, so one day they are making wheels, next day making hot water heaters. whatever pays more. i don’t blame them. 

monitoring this forum and trying to help shouldn’t be optional for them, it’s their job.that goes for all the wheel manufacturers. they oughta chip in and financially help the forum owner.

Edited by novazeus

u know, forgetting about percentages, i notice that when the chargers turn green or charge complete, whatever, the voltage reading in the app for the 18s and 16s are about the same, like 64.xx. idk what device reads the battery voltage on kingsongs wheels but it seems it is consistent. this is why, plus from info from people that have more experience with these things have ruled out other problems, i think it’s just a voltage measurement problem. like the meter in the wheel sucks. not gonna crack them open to prove it yet, but in the not too distant future i will because i waana tidy up the wiring inside the 18s seeing how Bob was trying to help me when i was putting together.(battery packs shipped separately).

just outside fiddling with the wheels and pita app. just rode barefoot down my road because i wanted to bleed off some battery juice, that was weird. i know i shouldn’t but i shouldn’t work a hundred head of cattle in my cowpens in flip flops, too. probably shouldn’t be camping out in the middle of the woods in a cargo container for over two years now, i don’t have a bathroom. i’m like a bear.

let’s put it this way, if i had a voltmeter jumping up and down like whatever reads volts on these things, it would first be thrown against the wall, then pried out of Bob’s mouth and in the garbage.

i ordered a charge doctor, maybe i can get some clues using it.

i think what ever voltmeter thes wheels use is whacked. or a software problem hopefully and hopefully now they are back from holiday, they’ll fix the virus like parasitic ick of an app and software.