help please my ks-18s only charging to 90%

novazeus

final update

after all this my ks16s has now climbed from 92% charge to being able to charge to 100% using standard brick charger.

the ks18s has climbed to 94% from 90%. i think that’s all i’ll get and that’s fine for now. it might improve on it’s own or a fast charger might help, but i’m not gonna put forth any effort because both wheels run as good as can be expected. maybe someday i’ll open up the 18s and measure individual battery packs just out of curiosity.

Edited by novazeus

• 2 months later...

final final update because i see other kingsong owners having charging/voltage reading problems.

my wheels new, not from @Jason McNeil but from two different vendors on aliexpress came to me with the 16s only reading 92% charge and the 18s reading 90% charge on the kingsong app. 

after much experimentation and charge doctor and 3 long nights messaging back and forth with @Flora Yuan using their “engineer” software and a reflash, my 16s magically jumped to 100% charge yet the 18s stubbornly still only reads 94%.

so, finally i received my ewheels fastcharger(very nice tool) and it has a voltage readout on it and both wheels read the same there at full charge, 67.1. if i look at the 16s in detail parameters in the app it will say like 66.5 but the 18s will say like 65.1. 

i don’t know how the charger reads and displays that reading but i think it’s pretty accurate, displaying about a half a volt higher.

i determined that by doing about a mile on each and plugging it back into the charger. that was just enough, with the amps at 2 for the charger to start and again the voltage displayed on the charger showed about a half a volt higher than the apps reading for the 16s so it’s completely healed. the 18s in the app reads about 1.5 volts less consistently. 

i’m not gonna crack open the 18s to measure the individual battery packs because this is enough evidence for me that the 18s is actually fully charging but whatever reads the voltage in the wheel and reports it to the app, must not be calibrated correctly. 

btw kingsong’s engineers could not come up with a reason why the app and wheel didn’t display the correct voltage. i think the re-flash did allow the wheel to take more of a charge but the voltage reading by the 18s is probably un-repairable without replacing the thing that reads the voltage from the wheel. i’m convinced it is charging to 100% so i don’t care anymore. if i wanted to sell the 18s it would ding me, but i probably won’t sell it anyway. 

Edited by novazeus
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/6/2018 at 12:11 AM, Master Blaster said:

92% when the charger was showing a green light for several hours. So I ran the wheel around the block a couple times and got the charge down to around 87% or so and then threw it back on the charger (after a little cool off time) then  I got it back up to 100%

as measured iin wheellog or darkness bot?

• 3 years later...