Broke 1,000 Miles today ?

Master Blaster

3 hours ago, Colorado CJ said:

Nice!  I just broke 100 miles myself.  Man these things are addicting to ride.

Is there a lot of good riding in Centennial?

You’ve been very busy since you got that wheel, good going on your progress!! :cheers:

Yeah, good trails out south here, I am close to the C470 trail that I can ride out to Chatfield Resevoir, or even hook up to the Platte River trail and go all the way into downtown Denver. Just need some breaks with the weather and the darn wind ? 

Keep up the good work and keep the rubber side down :D

On 2/18/2018 at 5:59 PM, Master Blaster said:

Big day for me — broke through 1,000 Miles between two Wheels. Break out the Champagne :D  ? 

Started riding these crazy things last October (2017) so not too bad a pace considering how many un-ride-able days due to snow and cold up here at the foot of the Rockies.

KS 18S Miles:

0118D9BA-1D3A-44D0-A987-979FDDD2D817.png

KS 16S Miles:

948C1C62-B8A6-4CD7-A297-AE7304C79633.png

congrats.

two questions. how do u get mph instead of kph in wheellog and are ur wheels charging all the way to 100%?

45 minutes ago, novazeus said:

congrats.

two questions. how do u get mph instead of kph in wheellog and are ur wheels charging all the way to 100%?

From the main screen of Wheel Log swipe from left to right to get the settings menu, then go into speed settings.

Batteries on both wheels will charge to 100% but I only charge to 100% about every tenth charge to balance all the cells, otherwise I charge to around 80 to 85%. Lithium ion batteries like to be used, I suspect that if your wheels aren’t charging fully you should run them through some deep cycles a few times, you maybe able to get them back to 100%.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Why is top speed not shown in both?

I took a screen shot on the one that shows top speed and distance right after finishing a ride so it had that data from the ride, the other wheel was a screen shot just after turning on the wheel just to get the total distance report from the wheel, but not right after a ride thus no other data such as speed.

20 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

From the main screen of Wheel Log swipe from left to right to get the settings menu, then go into speed settings.

Batteries on both wheels will charge to 100% but I only charge to 100% about every tenth charge to balance all the cells, otherwise I charge to around 80 to 85%. Lithium ion batteries like to be used, I suspect that if your wheels aren’t charging fully you should run them through some deep cycles a few times, you maybe able to get them back to 100%.

thank you. even with ur good instructions on my samsung galaxy edge it was hard to pull up that menu. i woulda never figured that out. on the batteries, yeah i hope that’s the case. only 15 miles on the ks-16s and 26 miles on the ks-18s. probably only charged each twice. bought them in august 2017 but didn’t have a chance to use them until last month.

12 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

I took a screen shot on the one that shows top speed and distance right after finishing a ride so it had that data from the ride, the other wheel was a screen shot just after turning on the wheel just to get the total distance report from the wheel, but not right after a ride thus no other data such as speed.

Oh, thanks.

3 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

Nice. I just made 1000 km last week or so on my KS16S. With the other 2 rides I've had, I am probably around 1000 miles as well.

Sweet, we are neck and neck.......I should come down there in April for the MotoGP out at COTA and bring my 16S with me  :cheers:

I rode my motorcycle down to COTA in 2013 for the inaugural MotoGP.........that was a fun trip, and man what a great race track facility!!

8 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Would be curious what you find, I’ve always wondered about the spare fuse included with the KS Wheels, do folks replace those periodically or what?  :wacko:

Nope :-)

its not for “periodical” replacement...just in the case of a -real major- fault the fuse protects the board/battery from beeing destroyed.

My maintenance would check for wires, plugs to be secure, check the board, also for dust, clean it, check pedal arm screws, axle arm bolts, etc etc etc....also thinking about replacing the tire, but i guess that can wait for 4000km :-)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

Sweet, we are neck and neck.......I should come down there in April for the MotoGP out at COTA and bring my 16S with me  :cheers:

I rode my motorcycle down to COTA in 2013 for the inaugural MotoGP.........that was a fun trip, and man what a great race track facility!!

I hear the track is nice. I sold my bike a couple months ago though, due to my current life style I was just not riding it much. I put 300 miles on it in the last 2 years! About as much as I put on my EUC's in 3 months. With traffic/road construction the way it is here...I've been staying off my bike. I'm not a track racer, either, I stay on the streets.

Riding COTA is a notch in one's belt, though. :)

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:42 PM, novazeus said:

thank you. even with ur good instructions on my samsung galaxy edge it was hard to pull up that menu. i woulda never figured that out. on the batteries, yeah i hope that’s the case. only 15 miles on the ks-16s and 26 miles on the ks-18s. probably only charged each twice. bought them in august 2017 but didn’t have a chance to use them until last month.

If you ever need help "cycling" your batteries, just yell... If I can divert a trip over your way, I'd be happy to help you out. 

• Upvote 1