Any tips for getting KS-16S set up properly?

JeffDog1978

Hi everyone,

First time poster here.  I just set up an account in the hopes that someone may have some useful insight for me.

I received my brand new King Song 16S this morning, and am attempting to get registered through the app so I can get it set up and unlocked, and it isn't going well.

I use iOS, and essentially do not get sent a verification code ether through text or email when I try to register.  The app is poorly designed for english, so it's hard to discern what some of the quick pop-up messages are trying to tell me.

Does anyone have any useful tips?  Jason from eWheels sent along unlock instructions when I made my purchase, but I can't get to any of that because getting registered with King Song appears to be a critical first step.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I'm pretty much stuck.

Thanks!

29 minutes ago, JeffDog1978 said:

Hi everyone,

First time poster here.  I just set up an account in the hopes that someone may have some useful insight for me.

I received my brand new King Song 16S this morning, and am attempting to get registered through the app so I can get it set up and unlocked, and it isn't going well.

I use iOS, and essentially do not get sent a verification code ether through text or email when I try to register.  The app is poorly designed for english, so it's hard to discern what some of the quick pop-up messages are trying to tell me.

Does anyone have any useful tips?  Jason from eWheels sent along unlock instructions when I made my purchase, but I can't get to any of that because getting registered with King Song appears to be a critical first step.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I'm pretty much stuck.

Thanks!

Look at the post below.   @Jason McNeil just posted that you can use an older version of the app until the Chinese holidays are over.  

1 hour ago, JeffDog1978 said:

I've tested the App on the iTouch, & Joey tried to register with his iPhone, neither works. On the iTouch the interface is built to an expected resolution, so the fields aren't displayed properly. On the iPhone neither the telephone or email validation system appears send the verification code.

The only solution at the moment is to borrow an Android phone to unlock the Wheel with the v4.

uc?export=view&id=1ckOGEfeBoUFPDoPNZoxMo

Hey guys, thanks for the tip.

It's somewhat encouraging to hear that KS just did a poorly timed (and executed) update rather than it being some issue unique to me.

I'll see if I can find an Android user who's willing to help out.

Thanks!

Btw, I presume that the speed won't automatically unlock once I hit a certain mileage, but that at best I would be able to increase the speed limit without an unlock code past a certain mileage (all of which would require a working version of the app anyway).  Sound about right?

Thanks again!  I really appreciated the prompt responses.

Okay, a bit of an update here, and also a cry for help.

I tried the Android v.4 workaround a few days ago, and the app would occasionally find the wheel in the search results, but could not successfully connect.  It would attempt to connect for a minute, then quietly fail back to the search screen, at which point the KS would no longer be displayed.  We went into the phone settings and enabled location(GPS) and storage permissions, so I believe we did everything correctly.

I have another opportunity to try again tonight, and wonder if anyone might have any additional tips.  Frustratingly, even the Android workaround seems to not be working for me.  I'm going to see if we can connect to the KS via bluetooth in the phone settings first, then launch the v.4 app to see if that helps.  That didn't work on iOS (KS didn't show up in the device list at first), but connecting to Darkness Bot works flawlessly and after connecting that way the KS shows up in the list of devices connected to via bluetooth on the iPhone.

For some context, this is a brand new wheel that showed up over the weekend, and I need to get the app connected to unlock the speed.  As it stand now the wheel just sits in the corner waiting for King Song to roll back their iOS app version to something that's not broken.  Overall, not ideal.

Anyone have any additional suggestions that might help?  It would be much appreciated.

Quick tip (in case it's helpful for anyone else):

When attempting to use the Android workaround, make sure that the KS isn't connecting to any other device via bluetooth.  If so, it won't connect successfully to the Android app.  Mine was connected to my iPhone for the Darkness Bot app, and I didn't originally think to put my phone in airplane mode when attempting to connect it to another device.

It seems obvious now really.

Anyway, it looks like my wheel might be unlocked now.  I'll try it out more thoroughly soon.

Archived