Ninebot A1/S1 to S2 Upgrade Effort

Knifa

I have both (original and clone) and the original one programs the chip in a fraction of the time compared to the clone one.

None of them were capable of programming without this mod:

https://jaycarlson.net/2017/08/18/make-j-link-less-annoying-two-wire-3-3v-power-fix/

The chinese one already had the hack internally, I only added a bridge to the little board I bought in addition (I will take some pictures in next days).

This is where I bought both:

Chinese

https://m.ebay.com/itm/J-Link-JLink-V8-USB-ARM-JTAG-Emulator-Debugger-J-Link-V8-Emulator-High-Speed/122168407510?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

Original

https://www.digikey.it/product-detail/it/segger-microcontroller-systems/8.08.90-J-LINK-EDU/899-1008-ND/2263130

This is the hack i did in the original one, it was different from the tutorial one.

fh9786.jpg

This my board

QWhUvs.jpg

COa8hu.jpg

This is the hack.

After this you need to bridge the Vref PIN with NC PIN. I did it out of the programmer, so i can easily enable or disable it.

GMOne

Edited by GMOne

Ah, one more thing: I didn't upgrade to 1.0.9 version, I think it's better to keep official releases instead of releases which come from non official channels. If lot of people will try it and it will tell me real advantages then I will install it, or if Segway will publicly release it of course...

If one day I will compare both disassembling then I will know the differences. But, because of much effort, now I think It's not worth it.

I own the owner 9bot P, the last official releases is 1.4.0, but I have 1.4.1 and 1.4.3. I skate on 1.4.3 and it is much better, I can not even hear how to spin the wheel. In other firmware there is a barely audible ultrasound.

GMOne,

so, i'm buying J-link and connect it according you said.that I understand. But next - i need more clear steps - i'm really don't have any idea how does it work.

So:

- ad point 2 - from where i have to download firmware to keep my personal data?

- ad point 3 - i don;t have to do it as i understand because i already have ninebot one s2 with limit 24km/h

- ad point 4 - how to do it? from where i can download your software which you mentioned about? And what are particular steps..

I know that maybe i ask stupid question but i really compeletely don't know about it nothing..

thanks in advance for your help>>

Darek

On 7/9/2018 at 1:28 PM, GMOne said:

As today it's not possible to modify firmware without uploading it with right tools.

So mandatory steps are:

1) Buy J-Link programmer (10$) and connect it to the board through 5 easy soldering points;

2) Download your firmware to keep your personal data.

After this I suggest you to do following steps:

3) Change serial number to transform it into an S2 (very easy, you will gain 4 Km/h)

4) Modify your firmware through my software (very easy, you won't do any damage, you can reach 30Km/h).

I can help you in every step.

GMOne

First of all it's better to decide one and follow one single topic about speed limits, even if of course this topic is not wrong. I opened one specific topic about my software, and if every question about connecting Ninebot is there i think it's better. In that way i won't write two times every hint or solution.

Anyway (but please next question into the other topic)

22 hours ago, Darek Łuba said:

GMOne,

so, i'm buying J-link and connect it according you said.that I understand. But next - i need more clear steps - i'm really don't have any idea how does it work.

So:

- ad point 2 - from where i have to download firmware to keep my personal data?

- ad point 3 - i don;t have to do it as i understand because i already have ninebot one s2 with limit 24km/h

- ad point 4 - how to do it? from where i can download your software which you mentioned about? And what are particular steps..

I know that maybe i ask stupid question but i really compeletely don't know about it nothing..

thanks in advance for your help>>

Darek

about 2) When you connect the J-Link (and the connection will be ok, remember to configure the program in a right way...) the first thing is to read out your firmware (you have to choose "read back", nothing more); you only need to save this file (and you will modify a copy, that has to be written back into the microcontroller);

about 3) This is the problem of this topic, that mixed two problems: changing the serial number and increasing speed limits; you simply don't care about the first problem, just increase your speed;

about 4) Another time the problem problem having two topics about the same question; please go to the other topic (Speed2Increase) and search for the last release (i cannot change the first post so i'm adding every release through a new post, do not take care about older releases).

No stupid questions, don't worry, you're very welcome.

That's all!

GMOne

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Please post in English from now on! Thanks. - Si prega di inviare in inglese da ora in poi! Grazie.

Ho un s2 e Ragazzi ho contattato MRN76, pagato 30 scellini, ho perso il suo strumento, mi ha mandato codice sblocco poco dopo sbloccando un 26kmh e dopo 5 tentativi nel passo successivo per i 30kmh ci è successo, è davvero un mito.

Google Translate: I have an s2 and Ragazzi I contacted MRN76, paid 30 shillings, I lost his instrument, he sent me unlock code shortly after unlocking a 26kmh and after 5 attempts in the next step for the 30kmh it happened, it's really a myth.

Qui il. Video dove seguire passo passo, contatti e tutto il resto. Grandissimo! Per qualsiasi prova contattatemi pure, sono mesi che ti cerco il modo finalmente 30kmh 

Google Translate: Here the. Video where to follow step by step, contacts and everything else. Very! For any test contact me as well, I have been looking for you for 30kmh for months

Edited by meepmeepmayer
Translation added