Ninebot A1/S1 to S2 Upgrade Effort

Knifa

11 hours ago, nte said:

For the S2 the upgrade options are:

1.0.9 is available/obtainable.

7.6.0 is a paid upgrade.

If you want 7.6.0, You will need to have the programmer working properly and some other small things.

This is quite clear, as it's not the first time it has been told.

I like to keep my personal data for myself, not sharing with someone i don't know (serial number and so on...). Who sells something sells everything.

I'm sorry, it's out of my philosophy. As mathematician (and not only) i give my ideas everytime for free. That's all...

21 hours ago, GMOne said:

Is it possible to share this patched firmware for S2?

I think whole community will be grateful about it.

Thanks in advance,

GM

The firmware will be distributed on a commercial basis, by connecting to your programmer j-link v8. The firmware price is $ 50

Yes, i have few skills you asked for, but I'm working now on different things, and as you know the time is a bounded entity. I worked especially on Microchip PICs instead of ARM. Also I haven't ARM reader device, so maybe I will order it.

But each discovery and work I did I shared it freely.

I totally disagree with MRN76, and as I saw under other russian forums he didn't tell anything about selling this hack, I think because everyone (who is russian) will react not in a polite way.

2 hours ago, GMOne said:

Yes, i have few skills you asked for, but I'm working now on different things, and as you know the time is a bounded entity. I worked especially on Microchip PICs instead of ARM. Also I haven't ARM reader device, so maybe I will order it.

But each discovery and work I did I shared it freely.

I totally disagree with MRN76, and as I saw under other russian forums he didn't tell anything about selling this hack, I think because everyone (who is russian) will react not in a polite way.

As i read russian forums, i see that this hack is also selling by MRN76, by himselves programming in Moscow.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys,

i'm finished history. I compeltely don't understand what are you talking about.  I just want to raise the limit of max speed in my ninebota S2.

Who can do that for me? And how.. I can pay of course for that if i'm sure that it will work.. I'm not going too travel to Moscov to find someone who didn't keep his word..

Help?

Edited by Darek Łuba

As today it's not possible to modify firmware without uploading it with right tools.

So mandatory steps are:

1) Buy J-Link programmer (10$) and connect it to the board through 5 easy soldering points;

2) Download your firmware to keep your personal data.

After this I suggest you to do following steps:

3) Change serial number to transform it into an S2 (very easy, you will gain 4 Km/h)

4) Modify your firmware through my software (very easy, you won't do any damage, you can reach 30Km/h).

I can help you in every step.

GMOne

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GMOne said:

As today it's not possible to modify firmware without uploading it with right tools.

So mandatory steps are:

1) Buy J-Link programmer (10$) and connect it to the board through 5 easy soldering points;

2) Download your firmware to keep your personal data.

After this I suggest you to do following steps:

3) Change serial number to transform it into an S2 (very easy, you will gain 4 Km/h)

4) Modify your firmware through my software (very easy, you won't do any damage, you can reach 30Km/h).

I can help you in every step.

GMOne

Does your software allows changing the serial number?

I didn't put this option, but it is really easy to do manually. You only need an hex editor, open your firmware file and directly edit it. Nothing else.

Maybe I can put this option in a future version, for completeness. I thought it for S2, so I didn't need it.

Yes JES, but remember that microcontroller on Ninebot board has to be powered from a 3.3V. You have to do one bridge on your USB adapter. I don't know this compact model, i bought the standard one. Don't worry we will help you . I hope you have a multimeter. ?

Edited by GMOne

I’m not familiar with Segger tool chain. 

I assume @GMOne‘s program will modify the firmware. But not sure what program is used to download and upload the firmware. Browsing Segger’s site seems like J-Flash will be able to do this, but I’m not exactly sure. 

My understanding so far:

-Upload firmware to PC using jtag debugger and ??? software

-Use hex editor to change serial number

-Use @GMOne‘s program to change limit

-Use jtag debugger and ??? software to download modified firmware to S1

Edited by Rotciv

5 hours ago, nte said:

The newest version of @MRN76 Ninebot tool will do it for you. To do it manually its only one letter that needs to be changed with a hex editor.

I would suggest a workflow something like this:

1. Dump your firmware with the j-link v8 and sagger v4.2.0 software

2. Use the Ninebot v2.0 tool to make changes (serial number and 1.0.9 if you want it).

3. Use @GMOne's Speed2Increase tool to change the speed limits

4. Write to control board.

Change the B to S

MODEL SERIAL NUMBER BATTERY COUNT CHARGE VOLTAGE TOP SPEED
A1 N2OA 1 63v 11.2mph
A1+ N2OA 2 63v 12.4mph
S1 N2OB 2 59.5v 12.4mph
S2 N2OS 2 63v 14.9mph

How would I know if I am getting a J-Link V8 or a clone that will brick the Ninebot? Does anyone have Amazon links (US)? Can't seem to find any around $10 either.

Will I only need Segger v4.2.0 and Speed2Increase for the whole process, or will I also need MRN76's paid software? Please PM me GMOne. Is your support/software donation based?

Thanks so much guys! I would love to use my S1 at the same speed as my Ninebot E+ because I am so used to its speed.

6 hours ago, GMOne said:

Yes JES, but remember that microcontroller on Ninebot board has to be powered from a 3.3V. You have to do one bridge on your USB adapter. I don't know this compact model, i bought the standard one. Don't worry we will help you . I hope you have a multimeter. ?

I’m a Test Technician by trade. Just not up to date with programming. I have precision lab PS if needed and meter of course.

I’ll order the debugger. Once I do my wheel I can help somebody else!

1 hour ago, Daniel Burkemper said:

How would I know if I am getting a J-Link V8 or a clone that will brick the Ninebot? Does anyone have Amazon links (US)? Can't seem to find any around $10 either.

Will I only need Segger v4.2.0 and Speed2Increase for the whole process, or will I also need MRN76's paid software? Please PM me GMOne. Is your support/software donation based?

Thanks so much guys! I would love to use my S1 at the same speed as my Ninebot E+ because I am so used to its speed.

You can buy the clone one, better with a little board with all connector in addition. With my software you won't need to buy any software (just mine and a free hex editor). I'm thinking about other features I will add in next releases, to automate the whole process (and making crossflashing the easiest one). Now the steps needed are exactly described by @nte.

• Like 1