first time ninebot one C

jamakin

from what I can tell you have to get the ninetools hack in order to get the wheel beyond 10mph - check the forum for ninetools and you will see the process explained... 10MPH is too slow and leads to constant battle with tiltback and beeping!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 9:27 AM, Eddie A. Steiner said:

Same here....NB1 E, can't go faster than 9.5

Your nbot E can go faster  using ninetools hack which puts custom firmware on board - search ninetools in the forum for the process...

A

CORRECTION...My NB1 E does 12 - 12.5 with beeps of course...respect the beep!! Yea, I cruise about 11 on mine and I have seen the hack out there but honestly, it looks like alot of work and $30 for some kind of code?? If anybody has a simpler way to modify the wheel, let me know. I'm interested!

• 10 months later...

I bought the ninebot one C a few weeks ago.

I have practiced straight lines with one foot controlling back and forward movement . All good but soon as I try to ride both feet I can't seem to balance and tilt over loosing one foot .

What exercises should I do to increase my forward straight balance ????????

PS I have a Segway Ninebot S Pro hoverboard and can ride great. Just the next step to the one wheel is a problem 

Any help would be appreciated.

Bo.

• Like 1

you need to have a spotter jog beside u - u hold their arm as a safety while u get your sense of balancing. don't go too slow as that makes it more difficult (try riding a bike slowly). eventually u will start letting go of the spotters arm for short bits that will get longer until it clicks and u can go for a good distance alone...

I hv used this technique to teach many to ride my wheel and it is quick and effective. if u hv access to a park with flat area and low cut grass (if not bumpy ground) that also can help remove any fear of falling or scratching up wheel on pave.

lastly - wheel always has to point to your midline/navel for u to stay aboard (like a bike). Try to hv fun and dont stress abt timetable for learning. Using a spotter will speed the process bigtime... 

u will not be able to mount wheel unassisted until u hv gotten comfortable getting going with a spotter (or other lean-on object - railing, fence,etc). then u can practice mounting and starting off solo ( skateboard/scooter style ). there are other threads in this forum abt 1st steps with great tips by veteran riders. check those out as well but bottom line use a spotter and practice and it will come tgthr for u. Also chk ur tire to mk sure it has a bouncy inflation ( not too soft or hard ) as that can affect learning big time...

**caveat - I was teaching my wife to ride using the above technique and I was a little quick to assume she had it (and I was getting tired jogging beside her) so I pulled my arm away when she seemed to be  going along pretty good. BIG MISTAKE! She rolled 6 feet and face-planted on the pave :-( Road rash on her knee, torn pants, blood and a simmering rage that would strike terror in the heart of the toughest Marine. Needless to say, the role of the spotter is a weighty responsibility indeed and needs to be taken with the utmost seriousness :-)

A

Edited by amelanso

from my understanding u need  15s2p battery pack - if ur c+ has 15s1p pk then cannot be done. See the ninetools thread for details  on process... or email Alex - mrn76@bk.ru with details of ur wheel and he can confirm if doable. Remember that it costs 30usd if u decide to proceed.

Edited by amelanso

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Amelanso.Thank you for your encouraging words of advise re; learning how to ride the one wheel.

I was not able to get assistance to run along side of me, because most of my friends could not run for long.

But by using objects, walls ,plants etc. I managed to start. Now I can do a hop or 2 and I,m away. A bit wobbly but managed to rid the one wheel for over 100 yards with out falling off.

Its just practice now to get smoother and more confidence. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bo Theiley said:

But by using objects, walls ,plants etc. I managed to start. Now I can do a hop or 2 and I,m away. A bit wobbly but managed to rid the one wheel for over 100 yards with out falling off.

Its just practice now to get smoother and more confidence.

Bravo - I`d say you are pretty well hooked now! If you can practice going slow and working on tight turns,circles,figure 8s you will become more capable in urban settings where you have to sometimes navigate tighter spaces,traffic etc. There are alot of high powered machines out there and I suspect that you may soon be looking for something with better performance. I started on a C then got an S1 but neither affords much range. Nonetheless they are great for jetting to the store and doing short commutes etc. I have a huge 80L dry bag that I sometimes load with 50lbs of groceries and my ninebots can still handle the job of me carrying me and the load (which sometimes looks bigger than I do!)... All the best Bo!

Its hard to get time to practice but I am fitting in a few short trips 50 to 100 meters at a time.

I am improving slowly.

I don,t think I need to upgrade to a bigger one wheel. Speed is very scary at this stage. I average walking speed or less.

I think I need to work on circles to help control in tight areas. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Hi Bo here from Adelaide South Australia.

The world has changed so much and I can't see it being fixed for a while to come. But on the brighter side ,I am improving all the time on my one wheel.

I can now ride for a couple of miles (3 Km) without falling off or stopping.

My turning is improving every time I try. I have tried to ride backwards but not succeeded yet. Going forward in a straight line is still a challenge.

The only thing that is a bit concerning is the battery range. I only get about 10km from the Ninebot one C before its time to recharge.

Thats probably why people buy bigger one wheels to get more range ?

• Like 1

Congrats with the riding.

Yes, that and motor power do you can go “harder better faster stronger” / safer.

Your One C has around 160Wh battery to do 10km at low speed, you can extrapolate the range of larger batteries.

Edited by null

• 9 months later...

I have not been on my one wheel for 3 or 4 months until the other day when my nephew came to visit.

I got the one wheel out and to my surprise I was ok it was as if I had been riding every day . I got on without the aid of a wall or fence and road down the footpath doing a Uturn in a tight area scrapping the left foot pedal as I turned so sharp and road back to him as if I had been riding forever. 

Edited by Bo Theiley
  • Like 1