King Song 14C (800W|680Wh|28km/h)

Vladimir Slaykovsky

This purchase I make very soon will be my first and for the last 4 weeks I've been doing as much research as I could.   And what I've found is if your in the U.S. It sucks to be a eu rider.   Aside from a handful of sellers, which most deal with American crap or ninebot's, there's not much to offer.  I can't even buy a gotway without jumping through hoops, and that really stinks.  God forbid you eu has a failure and needs service.  If your not handy it's a month or two before you'll be riding again.  Anyway, I originally wanted a gotway but after reading about kingsong I truly feel with everything taken into consideration, they area best choice.   The reason I'm going with a 18 is I know within a month I will want something a little bigger and faster. I started off with the impression to buy a 14, but I really like the design of the 18.  Also in electronicwheelreviews.com site they have a picture with 6 guys riding these and they all put a seat on there's which seems really useful.  I wish there was more owners of the 18 I could talk to but I'm sure soon somebody here will have one

This purchase I make very soon will be my first and for the last 4 weeks I've been doing as much research as I could.   And what I've found is if your in the U.S. It sucks to be a eu rider.   Aside from a handful of sellers, which most deal with American crap or ninebot's, there's not much to offer.  I can't even buy a gotway without jumping through hoops, and that really stinks.  God forbid you eu has a failure and needs service.  If your not handy it's a month or two before you'll be riding again.  Anyway, I originally wanted a gotway but after reading about kingsong I truly feel with everything taken into consideration, they area best choice.   The reason I'm going with a 18 is I know within a month I will want something a little bigger and faster. I started off with the impression to buy a 14, but I really like the design of the 18.  Also in electronicwheelreviews.com site they have a picture with 6 guys riding these and they all put a seat on there's which seems really useful.  I wish there was more owners of the 18 I could talk to but I'm sure soon somebody here will have one

18 are known to be more dangerous than 14, but I don't know the real reason for such difference.

Vibration is really high when you ride a wheel so you need to use a really good amortization with a seat. 

You have to look at the picture to see what I'm referring to.   It's not really a seat but a foam cushion that goes across the handle area.  I don't think it's there to constantly sit on but when stooped or just cruising it looks like you could rest ok it.  

And btw, why is the 19 more dangerous.  Is it because it's faster then the rest. My plan is not to rip at top speed comstantly but it's always good to have that extra power there.  Plus I think it would make the cycle ride better and produce power more accurately.  Maybe someone with a 18 can better explain

You have to look at the picture to see what I'm referring to.   It's not really a seat but a foam cushion that goes across the handle area.  I don't think it's there to constantly sit on but when stooped or just cruising it looks like you could rest ok it.  

And btw, why is the 19 more dangerous.  Is it because it's faster then the rest. My plan is not to rip at top speed comstantly but it's always good to have that extra power there.  Plus I think it would make the cycle ride better and produce power more accurately.  Maybe someone with a 18 can better explain

Donafello,

I just picked up a shipment of Gotway 18 MSuper2 680wh (fast edition) last night. I have a limited supply available for sale, feel free to PM if you're interested. I myself rode the 18 MSuper for the first time last night and I must say it is quite a beast. I ride a GW MCM2s (14in) which I take to the beeping limit but I was pushing 18 mph (thats MPH not kph) and it didn't beep once. I have to say, this is not for the faint of heart. Proper protection is a must - going that fast, while it means excitement and fun, it also means danger and risk.

I can't say I recommend learning on an 18 in as your first EU as even for me as a "seasoned" 14in MCM2s rider, it was a sort of new experience. The 14 in is easier to learn on b/c it is lighter and is more responsive. The 18 in is a good few lbs heavier and even with proper padding, it would be painful watching it crash to the ground over and over again (unless you have a grassy field with a wall or rails nearby to practice. the wall/rails are for you to hold). I do hear the plastic used in the MSuper2 is quite durable however but I'm not willing to find out the hard way.

Others may chime in to tell you more about the diff in riding style of 14 vs 18 (Gimlet). I myself am curious to learn more. I won't be getting on again until Saturday but looking forward to it!

Edited by johnc415
  • Upvote 1

I think it is the opposite: bigger wheels are more safe!  First of all, they usually have more power (=better balancing) and usually more battery (=no cut-off), and most important, a bigger wheel goes more easy over bumps etc. I learned on an 18" and it was no problem at all -- never took a serious fall (yet :-) ). 

Now, clearly, the faster you go, the more risk you take but that is irrespective of wheel size; just don't go too fast B)  Perhaps, smaller wheels are a bit more easy to steer into tighter turns but I tried a 16" wheel and the difference seemed quite minimal in practice. Anyway, just my 2c. :D

• Upvote 1

I think it is the opposite: bigger wheels are more safe!  First of all, they usually have more power (=better balancing) and usually more battery (=no cut-off), and most important, a bigger wheel goes more easy over bumps etc. I learned on an 18" and it was no problem at all -- never took a serious fall (yet :-) ). 

Now, clearly, the faster you go, the more risk you take but that is irrespective of wheel size; just don't go too fast B)  Perhaps, smaller wheels are a bit more easy to steer into tighter turns but I tried a 16" wheel and the difference seemed quite minimal in practice. Anyway, just my 2c. :D

Interesting!

Coming off of learning on a 14in, I didn't think that would be the case but I take your word for it! Your 18in is the SW Extreme? Isnt the unit heavy? Yes the 18in is supposedly much better at eating bumps and dips (the 14in, you feel everything lol, like a honda civic).

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all your answers.  It seems to boil down to preference but I feel no matter what wheel I get there's going to be a learning curve, so might as well get the 18.  

iw ent through the same thoughts, first finally choosing kingsong over other brands and then trying to choose between the 18inch and 14 inch. I ended up getting the 14 incher. I was also intrigued by the ability to sit down on the 18incher but i believe the 14 inch is better as the first wheel. It will be easier to manouver even though the 18" will offer a smoother ride. Each one is safer than the other in its own way. Carrying the 18 " around will be a bit more difficult . Get that trolley bar, it helps. Even the 4 lbs difference between my 680wh battery and the smaller battery unit makes a difference. Also, a lighter wheel seems easier to ride and turn. I cant deny the intriguing looks on the 18 incher though...listen, if you want, i can let you ride my 14 inch so you can decide.  I am in the city also.... On the other hand...get that 18" one, i want to check it out too :) lets compare notes, i might buy the 18" some day. Woukd be cool to compare)

Edited by Cloud

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi saw you article you say the king song KS 14c is a pretty good model . I just bought a KS 14m 800watt ( 2019 model ) any thoughts on it just got shipped out to day . So should have it by nov.3 I can hardly wait to get it I have never spent that kinda money 🤑  I read that the 14M replaces the 14c . Can’t find any specs on it . aren’t most of the wheels the same I kinda wanted to know a little more most u-tube vids show KS 14 - C - D models .. anyone’s input would be helpful... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 12:14 PM, Red wheelie said:

Hi saw you article you say the king song KS 14c is a pretty good model . I just bought a KS 14m 800watt ( 2019 model ) any thoughts on it just got shipped out to day . So should have it by nov.3 I can hardly wait to get it I have never spent that kinda money 🤑  I read that the 14M replaces the 14c . Can’t find any specs on it . aren’t most of the wheels the same I kinda wanted to know a little more most u-tube vids show KS 14 - C - D models .. anyone’s input would be helpful... 

The real key here is how big is the battery. The 800w is the rating of the motor. There are a bunch of people selling Wheels on eBay and such with seemingly good specs, but way underpowered/entry level batteries. Notice these for sale on eBay, KS14M for around $500. But the battery is only 174wh. That's like buying a compact car, but with a 2 stroke 30 horse power engine and a 1/2 gallon fuel tank. The car body and electronics are fine, it just won't be able to go very far or very fast.

I learned on a Kingsong 14D which has a 420wh battery and I wasn't happy with the speed or range. So, I'm going with a bigger/better wheel. You can always sell it if you need to upgrade quickly. Good luck.