Kingsong-NEW App iOS new Version 3.0

da_toni

6 hours ago, Holt said:

Yes - Apple iPhone 6

6 hours ago, Holt said:

Here is a screen shot.  Note the top of the buttons at bottom left and right.

12B57BAF-5972-4E25-A9C0-F188C2B39F76.png

It’s possible it works on yours, but mine is the iPhone 6s+ and it doesn’t show up.  Maybe has something to do with the larger format of the 6s+. 

If you notice my screenshot in my post on the first page of this thread, it doesn’t scroll all the way to the bottom of the version list as your’s shows.  Mine appears to be at the top of the version list and I’m not able to scroll it down, where your screen shot is at the bottom of the version list where the ‘buttons’ are.

(I’m running iOS 11.2.5 on my iPhone 6s+.)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

It’s possible it works on yours, but mine is the iPhone 6s+ and it doesn’t show up.  Maybe has something to do with the larger format of the 6s+. 

Those buttons are clearly visible on my iPhone 5 but, pushing "Yes" (orange button on the right) does nothing anyway.  So you're not missing much.  Use Darknessbot for most things, as @KingSong69 pointed out.

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

Those buttons are clearly visible on my iPhone 5 but, pushing "Yes" (orange button on the right) does nothing anyway.  So you're not missing much.  Use Darknessbot for most things, as @KingSong69 pointed out.

As I pointed out earlier, the larger format of my iPhone 6s+ is probably why it displays differently. 

that might be good that i had not seen it before.  there are three big hills near me that when riding up/down them i wonder just how steep is too steep.  after getting home after a long ride today that included each hill twice i heard the fan and then saw the icon.  first time it turned on to my knowledge.

1 minute ago, Holt said:

that might be good that i had not seen it before.  there are three big hills near me that when riding up/down them i wonder just how steep is too steep.  after getting home after a long ride today that included each hill twice i heard the fan and then saw the icon.  first time it turned on to my knowledge.

On the old green app, it was with letters at the bottom...“refrigeration ON“.... :-)

that button labeled 'shut down' - does it actually turn the wheel off?  seems kind of nutty to have that button in that position knowing folks use the app while riding.  

anybody know when they are gonna fix the registration issue with apple iOS app?  :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Big thanks to KingSong69 for sending me a heads up today!

The KingSong new app for iOS is actually registering accounts now - or I should say it registered mine using America country code and area code + phone number. 

It actually texted me a verification code.  

Email account verification did not work.

Oddly the app no longer prompts me to update my wheel firmware and when I enter the firmware settings it does not recognize my wheel's firmware version or that an update is available.

1 hour ago, Holt said:

The KingSong new app for iOS is actually registering accounts now - or I should say it registered mine using America country code and area code + phone number. 

Oddly the app no longer prompts me to update my wheel firmware and when I enter the firmware settings it does not recognize my wheel's firmware version or that an update is available.

Glad you finally got the registration part to work. :clap3:

1 hour ago, Holt said:

Me too!! Saw on FB that the app was working in Singapore as of 2am (est) . Worked first try . Now I’m an official registered KS owner . Lol . Too bad I’ve kinda unofficially switched to the Dark Side (a.k.a Gotway) . I blame you for that @Marty Backe:roflmao: .

Working is a bit of a stretch.  One key function is 1/2-way working 

i do see Scott 100km away from me.

I also owe master blaster  giant thank you for working w me to try to setup an account.  

Yall are on time!

On 2/17/2018 at 12:20 PM, KingSong69 said:

afaik: It only works with E-Mail registration and not with hotmail accounts...telephone number does not work out of china.

After E-Mail registration also check your spam folders for the verfication e-mail.

As its national holiday in China there is no support at the moment

I am not able to type in my mail id here. Tried pasting it and i am not getting any code to my mail id. Gmail doesn't work as well? 

10 hours ago, sreejith said:

I am not able to type in my mail id here. Tried pasting it and i am not getting any code to my mail id. Gmail doesn't work as well? 

Afaik both E-Mail AND telephone are working now....

Dont use Hotmail and yahoo acounts ......

When you can not type in a Email adress, because only numbers will work, you have to Change to "E-Mail Registration" before....there is a button below to do that...

33 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Afaik both E-Mail AND telephone are working now....

When you can not type in a Email adress, because only numbers will work, you have to Change to "E-Mail Registration" before....there is a button below to do that...

Good point . It took me a minute to figure this out myself . There isn’t a “button “ to press . You just hand to tap in mail registration. And for what it’s worth I think they fixed the problem with gmail ...I was able to use my gmail to successfully register about 3 days ago. 

6 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

If you go onto the KingSong.com site to download the latest APK file, you'll find that the security certificate expired yesterday, making the site inaccessible. I've uploaded the file onto our server, for easier access & faster downing speeds. images.ewheels.com/KSv5.apk

The verification process gives you exactly 59 seconds to verify the confirmation code, in testing it can take up to 45 seconds to receive the email from China. The password field resides under the verification confirmation, so in order have the remotest chance at all of making it in time, you must enter the password before confirming. 

This server could not prove that it is www.kingsong.com; its security certificate expired yesterday. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Monday, March 12, 2018. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

52 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

If you go onto the KingSong.com site to download the latest APK file, you'll find that the security certificate expired yesterday, making the site inaccessible. I've uploaded the file onto our server, for easier access & faster downing speeds. images.ewheels.com/KSv5.apk

The verification process gives you exactly 59 seconds to verify the confirmation code, in testing it can take up to 45 seconds to receive the email from China. The password field resides under the verification confirmation, so in order have the remotest chance at all of making it in time, you must enter the password before confirming. 

This server could not prove that it is www.kingsong.com; its security certificate expired yesterday. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Monday, March 12, 2018. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

This same problem happened when I tried to register my Ninebot S1, the timeout should be extended due to the great distance.  After 3 or 4 times trying to get a confirmation code entered, it finally worked, but was more of a hassle than it should be.

9 minutes ago, Volker said:

surprisingly I got the new ios app registered :), but I still can't get my KS16S updated from 1.00 to V1.04 :wacko:.

It says "new SW 0.00" ???

Try to restart the app, normally -if there is a new Version- you will get a prompt message some seconds after starting the app.

Then what also might be, is that the "Firmware Server" in the Moment/today is down. Then just try later.

I have updated with this new app now about 3 times...allways no Problems. Just give it some time. There is no really Need to update...no big Progress on latest Version.

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Try to restart the app, normally -if there is a new Version- you will get a prompt message some seconds after starting the app.

Then what also might be, is that the "Firmware Server" in the Moment/today is down. Then just try later.

I have updated with this new app now about 3 times...allways no Problems. Just give it some time. There is no really Need to update...no big Progress on latest Version.

So, I am getting a code back from China..

am I supposed to put a password (and confirmation) in at that time? Are there any password rules to meet?  I have tried a hard, then a simple password, but no luck so far. 

I think so.

i entered user name and completed both password fields then entered my phone number w America country code.  This helped me ‘beat the clock’ when I hit the get verification button.  Once received I entered code, checked the licensing/liability radial button and then confirm/register.  Boom!  It worked.

hope you have similar success!

Question:

has anyone noticed anything different w speed setting in new app?

i unlocked and set speed alarms on my two month old 18s in the old green app.  i purposely avoided the speed control portion of the new app because I didn’t have an issue so why invite trouble? :rolleyes:

during my first ride this afternoon with my super sweet full face Lazer revolution helmet I got a double ‘please slow down’ and didn’t think I was going that fast.  The confidence a full face helmet gives you vs a normal bike helmet is amazing!

i reluctantly entered the speed setting in the new app and got a warning/question about adjusting settings.  Initially clicked no and could not adjust settings.  Clicked yes and got the legal agreement.  Then received a screen that asked me to get code to unlock max speed.  Everything worked as designed and then noticed the 60 kph limit and the ability to make the normal/expected speed alarm settings.

i set first two to zero, third to 36 and fourth to 38.

there you have it.  Speed setting interface seems to work perfectly but requires a bit of a ‘refresh’ when transitioning from old green app.

3 hours ago, Holt said:

I think so.

i entered user name and completed both password fields then entered my phone number w America country code.  This helped me ‘beat the clock’ when I hit the get verification button.  Once received I entered code, checked the licensing/liability radial button and then confirm/register.  Boom!  It worked.

hope you have similar success!

Thanks so much for trying. I did finally get registered! For anyone that is still struggling with this, what I did was removed my email address from the user name field, and replaced it with my first and last name with a space between. Boom! It worked. 

Next question.. it now will allow settings up to 60kmph.. can we set it that high?

@kingsong69 please chime in..

Thanks guys! So excited to ride at whatever max this baby will give me!!

Archived