Kingsong-NEW App iOS new Version 3.0

da_toni

12 minutes ago, Holt said:

Sending positive mojo your way Scott.  I am so gun shy w that app it took everything I had to click on speed settings the first time.

and when it took my settings I exited and never went back!

It was working just fine for like a week. Finally got registered and let it be . I never use the app. But today I noticed my speed being greatly restricted. I was getting beeps way too early . So I open the app and notice I’m not logged in anymore . I try to login and the login button does nothing. It’s so aggravating. 

? thank you for the good vibes ...I need them . Lol

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Holt said:

@Scott Henley any change w app?  I was able to log out and back in yesterday.  Sent u a message to test that function too.

i was presenting at Forsyth community college today.  That’s close to you, right?

I’m in Aberdeen , a straight shot down US1 from Raleigh. Winston Salem is actually farther from me than you are . (You are in Raleigh right ? ) Here is a maps photo with distance and time . I can actually make it a bit quicker than quoted though . About 50min to RDU if traffic is light .

628EE8DA-8880-407F-8854-F330DA4ACD22.png

I can't even log in. The app crashes immediately after I press enter after inputting the password. What a sorry excuse for an app - dunno what Kingsong is doing putting out this embarrassement on the App Store. They have lost their minds. 

i took the app off my androids it was so hideous and haven’t updated it hopefully on my ipads. i agree though, kingsong might be great wheels but they gotta do the whole package waay better. 

crap, it did update to 3.0 thru my newly installed fios but looks the same. does it update the firmware on the wheel?

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

i took the app off my androids it was so hideous and haven’t updated it hopefully on my ipads. i agree though, kingsong might be great wheels but they gotta do the whole package waay better. 

crap, it did update to 3.0 thru my newly installed fios but looks the same. does it update the firmware on the wheel?

It does not automatically update the wheels firmware. You’ll be promoted to do so within the app if an update is available. But if it ain’t broke don’t fix it . Lol

On 3/25/2018 at 2:46 AM, gr8ps said:

I can't even log in. The app crashes immediately after I press enter after inputting the password. What a sorry excuse for an app - dunno what Kingsong is doing putting out this embarrassement on the App Store. They have lost their minds. 

I had the same issue. It worked when I turned the location services on. 

31 minutes ago, sreejith said:

I had the same issue. It worked when I turned the location services on. 

Thanks buddy. That did the trick. I pretty much give location permission only to GPS and Lyft. 

On 3/19/2018 at 1:27 PM, Holt said:

Sending positive mojo your way Scott.  I am so gun shy w that app it took everything I had to click on speed settings the first time.

and when it took my settings I exited and never went back!

Exactly! Me too!

• 2 weeks later...

Well , I got a new wheel . And now I’m having issues . Can’t get the iOS app to unlock my speed limit . Never had an issue with the old green app but this is the first time trying to unlock with this new (awful ) social app. It’s very frustrating. Not that I can ride ...surgery and all ...but still . I wanted to do something . :furious:

Just now, Scott Henley said:

Well , I got a new wheel . And now I’m having issues . Can’t get the iOS app to unlock my speed limit . Never had an issue with the old green app but this is the first time trying to unlock with this new (awful ) social app. It’s very frustrating. Not that I can ride ...surgery and all ...but still . I wanted to do something . :furious:

B784C2CC-9B24-4E7E-9CE4-272240859E8E.png

5 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

B784C2CC-9B24-4E7E-9CE4-272240859E8E.png

Scott...please just do what the app tells you :-)

go into your account...to settings...and fill in all info like male, birthdate etc...and voila...it will seet your wheel free.

to „my“ „my account“ ......

No code needed then!

Just now, US69 said:

Scott...please just do what the app tells you :-)

go into your account...to settings...and fill in all info like male, birthdate etc...and voila...it will seet your wheel free.

to „my“ „my account“ ......

No code needed then!

I did this . But will try again . ...

While registering the iOS App crash by clicking on „Register“.  Cleaned cache, tried Version check. Tried with gmail and web.de eMail.

Tried to update but it only shows Version 0.00. Tried it several times. Is there an option to check if the server is up? Or do I need to register first, which was not possible?

by the way: I like chinese master pieces...

21 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Damn android app won’t do it either ! Says param wrong??

You should be able to follow my old iOS posts about this.. we had it working unless they changed something.. I’ll see if I can find them and repost after work. 

4 minutes ago, GoinPostal said:

You should be able to follow my old iOS posts about this.. we had it working unless they changed something.. I’ll see if I can find them and repost after work. 

That would be great . Thanks 

8 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

That would be great . Thanks 

Ok Scott.. so this thread is the same thread.. if you read thru the first three pages making notes about each success recorded and then do those steps, the new iOS app should work for you.  Not sure where you are in the process, but here is my final breakthrough from near the end of page 3:

”Thanks so much for trying. I did finally get registered! For anyone that is still struggling with this, what I did was removed my email address from the user name field, and replaced it with my first and last name with a space between. Boom! It worked.”

• 1 month later...

We are all aware of the challenges with the iOS app, firmware updates, and general buggy KS software.  Maybe some good news?!

After being frequently prompted by new app to update firmware with a screen whose resolution was too large to display the yes/no buttons and trying on multiple other iOS devices with larger screens with not success, I managed to adopt the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' attitude towards the firmware updates.

This morning I used the app to turn my wheel off upon arrival at work and the iOS app presented me with a different interface!  An interface that matched the screen resolution requirements, with a short and simple request to update firmware and two perfectly positioned yes/no buttons right in the middle of my phone's screen!  

I smiled as I shut my wheel down without upgrading.

Any advice on best method to upgrade?  Or not?  Wifi vs LTE, % battery charge to successfully complete update, etc.

Cheers!

Archived