Mileage contest Feb -- Win A Free Solowheel

Bob Yan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm... :unsure: I got 10 miles From my commute yesterday. :lol:

But I'm in it for the fun.

Nice job on almost 100 miles!

I'm surprised more people haven't signed up to this  just for a laugh. Come on guys! You aren't all snowbound or in other countries ! :thumbup:

On February 8, 2018 at 8:33 PM, Stan Onymous said:

I agree with all the stipulations of this contest and am of legal age. I am entering Two separate vehicle in hopes I will win on only one vehicle. I ride a KS18s mileage 540 km and an InMotion/Solowheel V8/glide 3 = 1759.3 miles. Below is a collage of respective milages.

I am all in as of today at 8:20 pm pst image.thumb.jpeg.05aa991117a243338da10c90da81cea6.jpeg

and we're off... :roflmao:

So I am up to 634km on the Kingsong, and only 1787.2 miles on the V8/glide3. 

Rained yesterday as darma payments for my SF rainy wishes. :wacko:

However today is another day...

On ‎09‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 12:06 AM, Bobwheel said:
Basic Rules:

1. Attendance: Anyone with any brand wheel above 18 years old living in United States

Baaaaah!!!! Pfui!

Has to be Extended at least to Europe ;-)

EUC Wacky Races Unofficial Leaderboard

@Stan Onymous - 64mi on KS18 and 27.9mi on V8 (91.9mi total). :thumbup:

@who_the - 99mi on mSuperv3s+ (I think) :clap3:

@WARPed1701D - 10mi on V8 :sleep1:

@who_the is currently in the lead with 15 days to go! 

@BobwheelStan said he was competing to win on a single wheel. Can he combine mileages from both if desired? 

6 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Baaaaah!!!! Pfui!

Has to be Extended at least to Europe ;-)

Not to worry buddy. Ever heard of a USA surrogate? You appoint me, by power of attorney, to participate in the race and I’ll rack up the mileage. 

4 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

EUC Wacky Races Unofficial Leaderboard

@Stan Onymous - 64mi on KS18 and 27.9mi on V8 (91.9mi total). :thumbup:

@who_the - 99mi on mSuperv3s+ (I think) :clap3:

@WARPed1701D - 10mi on V8 :sleep1:

@who_the is currently in the lead with 15 days to go! 

Come on WARPPed! Pick up the pace! As an incentive I hereby call you WARPSPEED.

8 minutes ago, Circuitmage said:

Yeah, I only do about 5 miles a day, and the weather has been bad lately. So, not even going to enter this one.

Is not about winning. It's just the fun of taking part. I'll never win but it would be good to scrap with someone for 3rd place.... Or even 10th! That's why I posted the Leaderboard. To encourage some friendly rivalry along the lower ranks... Which right now is just me.

As of right now I'm only 15 miles ahead of a new entrant. Go for it!  

On 2018-02-09 at 8:28 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

To the contrary... Wouldn't that be considered performance enhancing?   :blink1: 

And for you... Just chuck your wheel on that treadmill you modified - what could possibly go wrong?   :D

Love the 'what could possibly go wrong attitude. Double up on safety gear and bubblefoam added a little duck tape ?

8 hours ago, Unventor said:

Love the 'what could possibly go wrong attitude. Double up on safety gear and bubblefoam added a little duck tape ?

I think it was before your time, but I think you might be surprised...

@Rehab1 - did you have a video of your "treadmill challenge?"

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Sure...go ahead and rub salt into my wounds.

Love your work!

Tell me please, is that the same ACM?

And if it is, do you by chance call it Christine?

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Love your work!

Well thanks but after that performance would you even trust me working on your hedge clippers?;)

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Tell me please, is that the same ACM?

Yes.. same one. My beloved R&D wheel complete with test dummy. 

Well, I finally "cracked" 4,000 miles on my wheel. And, shortly thereafter, my wheel "cracked" — the plastic above the pedal hanger gave way, rendering it unrideable. :(

I have repaired the crack with epoxy and we'll see how well it holds up. About to take it for its first ride since it broke yesterday. A little birdie tells me @Stan Onymous has been racking up some pretty serious mileage. I suppose I could ride my Tesla and count those miles, seems to be within the rules. Let's see how this fix holds up and if I can catch up with my good friend from the south.

20180217_140901.jpg

9 minutes ago, who_the said:

Well, I finally "cracked" 4,000 miles on my wheel. And, shortly thereafter, my wheel "cracked" — the plastic above the pedal hanger gave way, rendering it unrideable. :(

I have repaired the crack with epoxy and we'll see how well it holds up. About to take it for its first ride since it broke yesterday. A little birdie tells me @Stan Onymous has been racking up some pretty serious mileage. I suppose I could ride my Tesla and count those miles, seems to be within the rules. Let's see how this fix holds up and if I can catch up with my good friend from the south.

20180217_140901.jpg

Oh no! ? We need to verify the mileage at the start of the transfer, but I would be okay with that given the circumstances of the breakage. That is unless the crack actually occurred when it flew out of your hands while at the Gold's gym treadmill. ^_^

I am racking up mileage, but because I am spreading my time I feel like a hare to your tortoise. 

1 hour ago, who_the said:

20180217_140901.jpg

If your repair does not hold try cutting a piece of 1/2”x 1/2” aluminum angle bar stock to length,  roughen up both the surface of the plastic shell and bar stock and then use JB Weld 50133 Structural Adhesive that is made for bonding both platic and metal. 

The downside side is if you don’t have the bar stock lying around you will have to purchase a 6 foot section. Amazon has it. So do many hardware stires.  You will then have plenty for future repairs.;)

https://www.amazon.com/M-D-Building-Products-61644-16-Inch/dp/B000I1QH8U

https://www.amazon.com/J-B-Weld-50133-Structural-Adhesive/dp/B009EU5ZNO

58 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

roughen up both the surface of the plastic shell and bar stock and then use JB Weld 50133 Structural Adhesive that is made for bonding both platic and metal. 

In all the cars I have ever had repaired or tried to repair with JB weld have only been in high temperature metal to metal bonding (within the JB specs) or hole filling, and it was always futile. Always broke off or burned off. They make fine projectiles, but I wouldnt recommend using JB weld on something your life depends on. If its just for pollution abatement, it causes more than it saves.

You have much more plastics experience, but I am just skeptical from my experience with their other products. 

4 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

You have much more plastics experience, but I am just skeptical from my experience with their other products. 

I understand. There are other epoxies as your aware. I just like the reinforcement using the angled metal. I would experiment and epoxy the metal over the crack and try prying it off once dry. You can also drill small holes in metal and let the epoxy leach through.  Good luck in the race!

Archived