Mileage contest Feb -- Win A Free Solowheel

Bob Yan

Hey guys,
As you may already know, we are working on some ideas to support the EUC riding communities all over the country. So we'd like to hold a mileage contest to reward the rider with the most miles racked up during the contest period. The prize? A free Glide 2 Lite. Perfect for a beginner or that person in your life that you've been trying to convince...  

Basic Rules:

1. Attendance: Anyone with any brand wheel above 18 years old living in United States

2. Apply procedure

• Comment under this thread with  “I read the waiver thoroughly and I agree all the terms and want to participate this contest, and my start mileage is xxx miles” , and attach the screenshot of App showing the current mileage of your wheel. Screenshot must be dated the day of posting and contain the same mileage stated in your post.
  • At the end of February, Post in this thread to mark your progress. First quote your original entry post, then show us your ending mileage with a screenshot dated no later than 02/28/2018.

3. Winner: The champion is the one who has the most mileage!

4. Award: Free Solowheel Glide 2 Lite 

5. Date: The award will be sent out before 03/10/2018

6. Waiver: I am of full legal age. I have carefully read this release and fully understand its contents. I execute it voluntarily and with full knowledge of its significance. I understand there may be dangers in participation in this contest. I expressly assume all risks, including personal injury, property damage and all other loss relating to my participation in this contest, and I expressly waive and release the Solowheel Inc from all claims resulting from any such risks. I verify that I have no impairment that might inhibit or make unsafe my participation in this contest. I will abide by all applicable safety rules, guidance and regulations governing my participation in this contest.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

Great idea, but those of us that have to deal with big February snow storms get screwed.......Whaaaaa

Your not that far from Arizona. Take a couple weeks vacation, enjoy our 80° weather, and rack up a few hundred miles a day touring the desert on your wheel! 

6 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

2. Apply procedure

• Comment under this thread with  “I read the waiver thoroughly and I agree all the terms and want to participate this contest, and my start mileage is xxx miles” , and attach the screenshot of App showing the current mileage of your wheel. Screenshot must be dated the day of posting and contain the same mileage stated in your post.
  • At the end of February, Post in this thread to mark your progress. First quote your original entry post, then show us your ending mileage with a screenshot dated no later than 02/28/2018.

3. Winner: The champion is the one who has the most mileage!

4. Award: Free Solowheel Glide 2 Lite 

5. Date: The award will be sent out before 03/10/2018

6. Waiver: I am of full legal age. I have carefully read this release and fully understand its contents. I execute it voluntarily and with full knowledge of its significance. I understand there may be dangers in participation in this contest. I expressly assume all risks, including personal injury, property damage and all other loss relating to my participation in this contest, and I expressly waive and release the Solowheel Inc from all claims resulting from any such risks. I verify that I have no impairment that might inhibit or make unsafe my participation in this contest. I will abide by all applicable safety rules, guidance and regulations governing my participation in this contest.

I agree with all the stipulations of this contest and am of legal age. I am entering Two separate vehicle in hopes I will win on only one vehicle. I ride a KS18s mileage 540 km and an InMotion/Solowheel V8/glide 3 = 1759.3 miles. Below is a collage of respective milages.

I am all in as of today at 8:20 pm pst image.thumb.jpeg.05aa991117a243338da10c90da81cea6.jpeg

and we're off... :roflmao:

2 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I agree with all the stipulations of this contest and am of legal age. I am entering Two separate vehicle in hopes I will win on only one vehicle. I ride a KS18s mileage 540 km and an InMotion/Solowheel V8/glide 3 = 1759.3 miles. Below is a collage of respective milages.

I am all in as of today at 8:20 pm pst image.thumb.jpeg.05aa991117a243338da10c90da81cea6.jpeg

and we're off... :roflmao:

Welcome our first attendance! ?

7 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

At least you're eligible to enter...   :(

Don’t feel bad buddy. I live in the this country and can’t participate as the rules have an ambiguous  ‘I have no impairment’ clause.  :cry2:Wonder if having a few drinks while riding could be considered impairment? :confused1:

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Don’t feel bad buddy. I live in the this country and can’t participate as the rules have an ambiguous  ‘I have no impairment’ clause.  :cry2:Wonder if having a few drinks while riding could be considered impairment? :confused1:

To the contrary... Wouldn't that be considered performance enhancing?   :blink1: 

And for you... Just chuck your wheel on that treadmill you modified - what could possibly go wrong?   :D

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Just chuck your wheel on that treadmill you modified - what could possibly go wrong?   :D

You may have just provided contestants in the snow belt an edge. ;)

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Could we also have a leaderboard contest like OneWheel whereby people post their highest speeds? The person getting the top speed could win a wheel.

Or perhaps a set of safety gear?

I might as well throw my hat in this ring...

I read the waiver thoroughly and I agree all the terms and want to participate this contest, and my start mileage on my InMotion V8 is 668 miles (1075km)

...I've no chance against the two other heavyweight contenders @who_the and @Stan Onymous but it about participating right! ;)

@Bobwheel I noted your instructions requested a dated screenshot hence the notification shade (with date) over the Wheellog app. If you'd rather a shot without the shade let me know.

Screenshot_20180209-215326.jpg

33 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

...I've no chance against the two other heavyweight contenders @who_the and @Stan Onymous but it about participating right! ;)

I am splitting my time between my two wheel because of all the great weather, so I am capped by time. We can both hope its a rainy, rainy season in San Fransisco this Feb. I can DM you a rain chant if you want. :lol: Oh maybe we should be nice and hope @who_the drives nice and safe and slowly in the rain... for his safety of course...:innocent1:

On 09/02/2018 at 12:14 AM, Master Blaster said:

Great idea, but those of us that have to deal with big February snow storms get screwed.......Whaaaaa

You don't have to ride outside, or is this cheating? (This isn't the only EUC video that I have come across with wheels on treadmills - I seem to remember a couple of riders were purposefully trying to get to the top of their wheel App's leader board).

On 2/9/2018 at 7:47 PM, Stan Onymous said:

Oh maybe we should be nice and hope @who_the drives nice and safe and slowly in the rain... for his safety of course...:innocent1:

Nice try bro LOL. Full rain gear up here, always ride safe no matter what. I wheel to work every day, so I've got a gimme for 10 miles a day. Throw in a few night rides each week, and a group ride or two... I'm gonna shoot for about 100-150/week. No treadmills here, just open road! 

On 2/9/2018 at 7:10 PM, WARPed1701D said:

I might as well throw my hat in this ring...

I read the waiver thoroughly and I agree all the terms and want to participate this contest, and my start mileage on my InMotion V8 is 668 miles (1075km)

@Bobwheel I noted your instructions requested a dated screenshot hence the notification shade (with date) over the Wheellog app. If you'd rather a shot without the shade let me know.

Screenshot_20180209-215326.jpg

Welcome, and you are good to go!

On February 9, 2018 at 9:46 PM, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

You don't have to ride outside, or is this cheating?

I am surprised that you are not suggesting early morning Mall rides too. Oh I can see it now... Octagenarians who's age matches their weight being lifted and glided over to their friends burning Keds rubber on squeeky mall floors to hear the latest news on Mrs Topper's new curtains. I want to see multi level mall shots of you carting the elderly on your shoulders in different direction. Lol

"Oh Johnie will you be a Dear and whisk me over to the food court for a spot of tea?" :roflmao:

Archived