Smartphone APP Vibration at high speed.

Rotator

As far as I know, the ninedroid IOS app will make your iphone vibration whenever you are near top speed. Do you know at which speed it occurs? before light tilt-back? at light tilt-back? at hard tilt-back?

Is this vibrating alert working in Android too? I have the android app installed in a android emulation into a blackberry OS10 and I did not get the vibrating alert at all.

Thank you.

I got android and while the app vibrates when I turn the bot on or off or when the lock is enabled, I never felt any vibration in my pocket when speeding and getting tilted back. The app is open but I have my phone locked when in the pocket, maybe this interferes. IDK.. Havent taken the phone out while riding full speed.. still kind of worried for my phone.

Y have tried it with the phone on my hand, unlocked, and not any vibrating alert. May be the blackberry emulation does not work very good, or may be the android app does not work as the IOS one.

I have never felt any vibration or had any beeps (maybe NB1 does not do beeps?) on hispeed/low bat, but then again, I never hold my phone in my hand..

I got a  miband in hopes for the rumoured vibration support, but I fear it will stay as rumour rather than materialize, since it has been some time now..

I have tried the Speed Limit in the settings menu. I have put 5km/h as a limit. Phone in hand. No vibration at all. Ninebot tilted back and beeped, but nothing happened in the phone in my hand.

As I said, it could be the android emulation in my blackberry, but not sure. I will try with a Iphone from any friend on mine.

Not sure about Miband, but in the code of ninedroid, there are a bluetooth connection to "My_Bracelet", which it could be the Miband connection.

I have never felt any vibration or had any beeps (maybe NB1 does not do beeps?) on hispeed/low bat, but then again, I never hold my phone in my hand..

I don't generally hold my phone in my hand.  Just occasionally when I am checking my speed or something.  (I wish one of my older, smaller phones had Bluetooth 4.0 then I would attach it to my wrist guard that I wear.).  Once I was trying to determine if my tilt-back was due to speed or overheating (because I couldn't believe I was going too fast).  In regards to the beep, sometimes I hear a beep, sometimes I don't.  I know one theory is that maybe I just don't hear it.  But I have another theory.  I believe that if I am gradually approaching tilt-back speed it beeps.  But if I get to tilt-back speed quickly then it's like it figures it doesn't have time to beep.

I use the term tilt-back because from what I've heard different 9B1's tilt-back at different speeds.  I'm not sure why though.

Well, unless the beeps are less loud or higher pitched than the very loud (imo) beeps you get when you drop the wheel on its side, I have never got a beep riding. Maybe this is a setting? Anyway, I don't mind not hearing that beep, because it annoyed me a lot during practising. (maybe because I got to hear it too much!!) :)

In fact, I never even tried the miband, since the app needed every single security right *and* required you to create an account on their site. :(

Maybe I should try it anyways, hearing there's something in the code. Would that be the app or the firmware, that has that "My_Bracelet" string?

Maybe I should try it anyways, hearing there's something in the code. Would that be the app or the firmware, that has that "My_Bracelet" string?

Sorry. It is not MY_BRACELET. It is MI_BRACELET.

It is inside ninedroid app:

static 
    {
        a = new HashMap();
        a a1 = new a();
        a1.a("0000ffe0-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb");
        a1.a("characteristic.notify", "0000ffe1-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb");
        a.put("HMSoft", a1);
        a1 = new a();
        a1.a("6e400001-b5a3-f393-e0a9-e50e24dcca9e");
        a1.a("characteristic.read", "6e400003-b5a3-f393-e0a9-e50e24dcca9e");
        a1.a("characteristic.write", "6e400002-b5a3-f393-e0a9-e50e24dcca9e");
        a.put("NORDIC", a1);
        a1 = new a();
        a1.a("00001802-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb");
        a1.a("characteristic.write", "00002a06-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb");
        a.put("MI_BRACELET", a1);
    }

Well, unless the beeps are less loud or higher pitched than the very loud (imo) beeps you get when you drop the wheel on its side, I have never got a beep riding. Maybe this is a setting? Anyway, I don't mind not hearing that beep, because it annoyed me a lot during practising. (maybe because I got to hear it too much!!) :)

I don't think the beep is as loud as when you drop the 9B1 on it's side (but I wouldn't know why they wouldn't want it to be).  But it might just be because of the wind in my ears and the sounds of the outdoors (cars, birds, people, etc.).   And I don't really care if I hear it either... the tilt-back and the even further tilt-back always gets my attention.

I have tried the Speed Limit in the settings menu. I have put 5km/h as a limit. Phone in hand. No vibration at all. Ninebot tilted back and beeped, but nothing happened in the phone in my hand.

As I said, it could be the android emulation in my blackberry, but not sure...

The mobile phone vibrates when you lock the ninebot and then the ninebot is moved, so does not appear to be an android emulation problem of my phone.

May be the high speed vibration alarm was not implemented in the android version.

Good to know!

Which version do you have?

At which speed?

My App is V2.1.5.  The 9B1's firmware is V1.2.2.  The phone I use for the Ninedroid App is a Samsung GS3 (which isn't my 'real' phone) is running Android 4.4.4 with a Custom ROM.  I get the vibrate somewhere between 13 - 13.5mph.

I've connected my 'real' phone (Samsung GS5 running Android 5.0 Stock ROM) but I don't use it while I am moving.  But I could give it a try to see if it does the same if you would like.

Archived