Mcm4 hs 640 Vs Tesla 1020 (Translated From French)

Esash

By blackwidows  January 24 2017

IMG_20180124_163246.thumb.jpg.6623042f85

After 18 months and 5000 km with my faithful Mcm I cracked for a Tesla 1020 and after 250 km here is my opinion.I specify that I ride especially in Paris and Brussels, that I mainly use bike paths and roadway; the sidewalk when I have no choice but at a very moderate pace. I use my wheel daily with train trips.

The MCM 4, if I have to compare to a car will be an old mini Cooper S

Potato side : Vive at startup but very quickly 2 beeps which calms and forces to listen to his wheel, not to mention that is not discreet.

Side comfort: It is not the dream, one is much shaken and the inflation is important in its behavior but with a flexible conduct one supports even the pavements.

My wheel never fired me despite quick passages on big holes.

Urban side: very convenient with a trolley, it goes everywhere even in the instructions of Brico for example. The position of the trolley to ask his bag or basket when shopping. The wheel is not always stable when it is lit against a wall, it tends to move.

Side autonomy with 640 w and HS model can be done 35 km to 20 average after performance deteriorate. After 5000 km I did not notice any noticeable drop in battery life.

This wheel is bright and almost fast enough for my use but when you drop the comfort of a tesla return on 14 inch scary.

After a test of a Msuper 3 for 24 hours and a tesla I cracked for the tesla 1020

Tesla for the car the Tesla S seems perfect

After 250 km and a bowl (it makes me humble), I was able to test the tesla mainly urban use. The weather conditions for 15 days have moderated my desire for great walks and I have not done more than 40 km days.

it's the world of silence, no more beeps in comfort.

Potato side: With tilback settings to 42 km, that I am not sure of having reached, It seems not to advance but it accelerates more than the Mcm but in a linear way and we always have the impression that there is still power in reserve.

Comfort side: This wheel is really stable, holes and other defects of the road go by alone, my average speed has almost doubled on some courses with a max speed barely higher.on the impression of rolling on a rail. Slow speed steering is almost as easy as with a 14 inch. The pads located just below the knees are quite unpleasant at first, especially when stopped, but I got used to it.

Urban side : The position of the trolley is quite surprising but allows easy control in crowded station platforms.Putting your bag on the wheel is less easy than on the Mcm and the trolley is a bit short. The wheel is very stable on, it can be easily placed on the trolley. The extra 4 kg did not change anything in my use. I did not drive enough to talk about autonomy because I never made more than 40 km before reloading.

Negative points

the front lighting is unusable in town especially with my calibration setting a little back when the red there is none, which is a serious handicap in the event of discussion with the police.

Trolley too short

Gotway application

Conclusion

I still love my Mcm that I continue to take for my shopping but the Tesla is much more reassuring for me, we can hold a speed of 30/35 in comfort when we are on the road and as in half of Paris and Paris. Brussels are zones 30, one is in the traffic without being doubled by excited ones. The Tesla with legal lighting and legislation Bike seems to me to be the ideal means of transport for the city.

Comment thread below the review: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/4473-gotway-mcm-5/&prev=search

Archived