New Gotway MCM5, 14" Picture

10 hours ago, Charles McLean said:

Gotway America has the new ACMv2 1600Wh for sale and in stock.  https://gotwayamerica.com/collections/acm/products/acm-1600

I really hope it is the new ACM2 and not just the ACM"v2"..... if i would be Gotwayamerica i would Point that more out....as it is a much powerfuller Motor (1900W instead of 1500W, Board with fans etc etc)

No specifications to find there!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Adel said:

Marty Backe @Jason McNeil How come the ACM2 is not listed on the ewheels website. What other unadvertised wheels are you selling ?:popcorn:

There's a batch on the way, looking at around 3 weeks to get here, I'll have the ACM page updated later today.  

12 hours ago, Adel said:

special order for the 100v Monster too :)

When in China, Gotway rep told me that the 100V won't be generally available, it was a beta test production batch or something. 

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

I really hope it is the new ACM2 and not just the ACM"v2"..... if i would be Gotwayamerica i would Point that more out....as it is a much powerfuller Motor (1900W instead of 1500W, Board with fans etc etc)

So regarding this new ACM2 with the tesla engine and board but with 1600wh battery, why bother with Tesla wheel then ? 

Gotway messed up with the Tesla, they should have designed it from the beginning with 1600wh battery option and discontinued the ACM instead of having 2 competing 16" wheels.

12 minutes ago, Adel said:

So regarding this new ACM2 with the tesla engine and board but with 1600wh battery, why bother with Tesla wheel then ? 

Gotway messed up with the Tesla, they should have designed it from the beginning with 1600wh battery option and discontinued the ACM instead of having 2 competing 16" wheels.

Design of the ACM is now pretty dated, the Tesla has more of the wow-factor to it, integrated handle is also a big selling point. Ideally the Designers would have found space to fit in the 1600Wh pack. IMO reviving the ACM, in the v2 incarnation, is an indication that the die-hard Wheel enthusiasts want the range, & the v2 is a sort of a stop-gap measure until they can eventually combine the two requirements for greater range & a better shell.  

13 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Design of the ACM is now pretty dated, the Tesla has more of the wow-factor to it, integrated handle is also a big selling point. Ideally the Designers would have found space to fit in the 1600Wh pack. IMO reviving the ACM, in the v2 incarnation, is an indication that the die-hard Wheel enthusiasts want the range, & the v2 is a sort of a stop-gap measure until they can eventually combine the two requirements for greater range & a better shell.  

Gotway made user community accustomed to 1300/1600/2400 batteries, so to come up with new model that tops out at 1000 was a product planning failure. Even the new MCM5  offered SKU option at 210wh, seriously what's the point ? Hopefully, Gotway won't repeat these mistakes in their new  18"+ wheels.

23 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

I have my suspicions that the ACM is still going to handle differently than the Tesla. The Tesla feels like a taller wheel than the more squat ACM. And the ACM is heavier.

So they may still feel like very different wheels even though they have the same motor and firmware.

The Tesla is a pretty wheel whereas the ACM is a masculine wheel. Seems to me that they could co-exist in the market. But I agree with Jason that if they can provide a 1600wh version of the Tesla than the ACM will probably go away.

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

I recommend e-mailing Brad Webster (brad.gotwayamerica@gmail.com) at Gotway America.  In his e-mail to me he confirmed, "Yes it has the 1900W tesla motor and board with fans."  However, you'd probably want to confirm for yourself.  Brad told me it's ready to ship.

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Here is the FB post where Gotway Amercia confirms it has the Tesla Motor and fans.  

6 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

I recommend e-mailing Brad Webster (brad.gotwayamerica@gmail.com) at Gotway America.  In his e-mail to me he confirmed, "Yes it has the 1900W tesla motor and board with fans."  However, you'd probably want to confirm for yourself.  Brad told me it's ready to ship.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived