New Gotway MCM5, 14" Picture

Gotway have just unveiled their new MCM5, I briefly tested it out in Shenzhen last week. It has a new 1200W motor (a first on a 14"), on the factory floor felt like a mini-Tesla, lots of power, smooth, excellent acceleration. With an integrated handle (also like the Tesla), slots on the slides are populated with an LED strip. Not total convinced on the styling yet.

Thanks @Linnea Lin Gotway for permission for first posting :) 

uc?export=view&id=1jUnBwzvbIamz0VSScroOi

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Gotway have just unveiled their new MCM5, I briefly tested it out in Shenzhen last week. It has a new 1200W motor (a first on a 14"), on the factory floor felt like a mini-Tesla, lots of power, smooth, excellent acceleration. With an integrated handle (also like the Tesla), slots on the slides are populated with an LED strip. Not total convinced on the styling yet.

Thanks @Linnea Lin Gotway for permission for first posting :) 

The Slots are also air vents for the board???

15 minutes ago, Adel said:

As far as just looks, old MCM4 looked much cleaner design. Also why start to put amateur looking logo on the side the same as kingsong ?

Good point. It definitely looks like a toy when it doesn't have to.

PowerRangersToy.jpg.jpg

One thing that was good with gotway wheels is that they had clean no nonsense styling. This new MCM5 is opposite, very busy looking. They should have designed this to just look like a mini tesla. I hope this is just exception and doesn't start a new trend for Gotway wheel designs.

17 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Ugh,... clearly IMHO the ugliest wheel coming out this year, like a cheap looking gaming PC case *smh.

Love the specs obviously, wonder if the shell is just as weak as the Tesla shell(?)

Notice how even the guy in the promotional video is dressed like a Power Ranger or something to match the wheel

36 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Nice! Exactly!

I bought that computer for a VR setup for the Church kids down the street. You cant see the computer with the VR goggles on, and you wont see your wheel tucked between your legs.  :unsure:

If you dont want others to see your Carbon fiber Egg, you could always wear bell bottom pants to cover the wheel...:lol:

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

It has a new 1200W motor (a first on a 14")

The specifications state a 1500 w motor.

Yes, it’s fairly ugly, however 1500w is  impressive for a 14” wheel. I’m sure it’s a little rocket!

We can cover the decal and red design accents.

37 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

The specifications state a 1500 w motor.

You can't trust any Gotway spec sheets (and King Song as well). They literally contradict each other (see the 18L - 1800W, 2000W, 1900W motor, I've seen it all, they don't even want to commit themselves). I'd guess what Jason says and the smaller number is more likely to be true, but of course 1500W would be crazy (good) for a 14 incher!

And the design, this looks made towards Chinese tastes and maybe also smaller rider (= kids as well) because 14 inches. Some unique design is probably better than to have all wheels from all manufacturers look samey.

In addition to general ugliness, these cutouts in the shell for the vent holes with straight 90 degree angles seem like they would crack the shell on the first crash. They are positioned at most likely impact point on the wheel. Hopefully they are reinforced.

5 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Not really sold on the look, but then I don't really like the look of the Tesla or 18L either. I'm just picky and the whole Carbon Fiber look is a little lost on me. 

Less is more? 

less is definetly more little carbon fiber accents are fantastic a whole design... just too much

7 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Jason you forgot to mention the new MCM5 safety feature that might help persuade my wife.  ;)

40014908022_5bcb0726c7_b.jpg

Archived