king song ks-16s speed warning settings

novazeus

In my backside.  Seriously!  I have it set at 1 pucker factor. I have only heard "Be caution, decelerate" once. Most of the time I'm doing 14d speeds, 22-27 kph.  Those are the speeds at which I feel comfortable doing my Superman flight impressions.  And also the speeds that I know the 16s will power over any reasonable obstacle, unless I just can't physically stay on.

oh, alright

1. off

2. off

3. 33kph

tilt back. off. oh no, that's right.  Can't turn it off on a King Song.  Just as well.

15 hours ago, Smoother said:

In my backside.  Seriously!  I have it set at 1 pucker factor. I have only heard "Be caution, decelerate" once. Most of the time I'm doing 14d speeds, 22-27 kph.  Those are the speeds at which I feel comfortable doing my Superman flight impressions.  And also the speeds that I know the 16s will power over any reasonable obstacle, unless I just can't physically stay on.

oh, alright

1. off

2. off

3. 33kph

tilt back. off. oh no, that's right.  Can't turn it off on a King Song.  Just as well.

45 minutes ago, Circuitmage said:

Same settings, but I hear my speed warning everytime I ride. :)

If you will GET ALL warning beeps on 1.-3. alarm depends on the "voice" setting.

If you have "Voice ON" you will, not matter how 1.and2. alarm are set, only get the warning voice on 3rd alarm and the tiltback.

If you have "Voice OFF" you will get the alarm beeps on 1.-3rd alarm (if you dont have set 1.+2. to off)

Just saying...if you know allready, Sorry please!

My beep setting:

1:42

2:48

3/4:50

But  i really, really seldom hear only first alarm :-)

so if i was to set my #4 or “ollie” which i assume is tiltback to say, 30 kph, 5 down from the max setting, would i be making the wheel “safer” by it having more reserve headroom, besides the slower top speed.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

so if i was to set my #4 or “ollie” which i assume is tiltback to say, 30 kph, 5 down from the max setting, would i be making the wheel “safer” by it having more reserve headroom, besides the slower top speed.

No, probably not.  KS have set the Ollie low (35) so that tilt back will have enough power to throw you off :D .  Leave ollie at max, but set your #3, 2 to 3 kph lower so there is less chance of zooming through it and bumping into Ollie.

I try to keep my speed under 15mph, so my 2nd warning is set to 24/25kph... (1st warning is about 20/21kph.)

I hear my first warning all the time, but try to slow down if I reach my 2nd (or third)... :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, RayRay said:

I try to keep my speed under 15mph, so my 2nd warning is set to 24/25kph... (1st warning is about 20/21kph.)

I hear my first warning all the time, but try to slow down if I reach my 2nd (or third)... :rolleyes:

i could live with tiltback at 15 mph. tiltback i’ve experienced so far has been very gentle on the 9bots and kingsongs.

49 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I use the "SLA12YOG" warning system...

When my speed makes me "scream like a 12 year old girl," it's time to slow down!

I prefer SLAG  myself.  But perhaps that subject is for another one of your forums. :rolleyes:

Sound disabled, Ollie/tiltback set to 32 kph.

You cannot hear the sound on a busy street at higher speeds, Ollie it is. Also, occasionally set the Ollie low, like at 10 and practice it weekly.

Ollie is quite dangerous, I have fallen a few times at low speed when it triggered.

Archived