King Song 14D

Scott Henley

Well it's good we all like different things, or we'd all date the same type of woman, own the same wheel, and drive the same car.  Choice and freedom of choice is a wonderful thing.  I do hope the rumors about King Song's finances are unfounded.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Naah, dont worry, not your fault if you have been told so!

But by all means:

It Looks like THIS Seller is the only seller who has this info at the moment! My Source is in Shenzhen just now and will try to find out more....

Cool man. Thanks . Yeah I know not my fault but I also know the how damning false rumors can be . Don’t want to start anything that could be damaging to individuals or companies. 

10 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

recent news has come through that KS are lacking the capital to start the manufacturing process. They are awaiting preorders to come in to pay for it. So ...release date has been pushed back a few more months. Possibly August now . I want the 18L more than any other wheel out there but I’m too impatient to wait that long . 

Flora has given confirmation this morning that  first delivery of the 18L will be mid/late April; it is true that they were taking payment-in-full preorders before production. I don't know where the August date has come from. 

35 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Flora has given confirmation this morning that  first delivery of the 18L will be mid/late April; it is true that they were taking payment-in-full preorders before production. I don't know where the August date has come from. 

Thanx a lot Jason!

Than it seams a missunderstanding between your Partner Joey and Scott and we can move on to important things in EUC world :-)

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

@Jason McNeil, thank you for this update . Maybe Joey heard you wrong or something ? I just know what I was told but glad to hear it’s still on for April . Will ewheels have them in around that time ? I was almost going to buy an 18s but if April   Availability is real then I’ll wait and get the L from you instead of the S! 

51 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Maybe Joey heard you wrong or something ? I just know what I was told but glad to hear it’s still on for April . Will ewheels have them in around that time ?

Maybe the Chinese telephone effect, I'll chat with him this morning to try to understand how he came up with this.  

Shipping/logistics always takes around 4-5 weeks once the production has completed, hoping to get our first order around late-May early June time. 

If you are interested in the 18S, we're running a promo where you get the 5A Fast-charger & German trolley handle kit for free. Recognition & thanks go out to @KingSong69 for discovering this handle & @eddiemoy for his YouTube video on the topic. 

19 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Maybe the Chinese telephone effect, I chat with him this morning to try to understand how he came up with this.  

Shipping/logistics always takes around 4-5 weeks once the production has completed, hoping to get our first order around late-May early June time. 

Okay, you know what that may be it ! Everyone was saying March /April at first . So May/June is a few more months .

i think I understand now . So ewheels should have the 18L around the beginning of June ?

Don't forget the 18L is (for now) limited to 1000Wh max capacity.

You can either have the 18S with significantly better range now (1680Wh), or get a compromise in 5-6 months (the 18L). I would take the 18S now:efee47c9c8: Unless you really dislike the form factor.

If you look for a wheel now,  i can also vote for the 18S...

From all wheels i have driven, seeing it from all aspects, it is by far the best wheel i know and as i recently had to make the decision to give one of my wheels away, it was no question, that the 18S wouold be the winner and stay with me!

It is reliable, safe, powerfull...a perfect wheel for commuting, long rides and also offroad. It is variable, you can drive seated, which is a whole new level of fun. And i really dont have any negatives in mind. wait: Perhaps that you need some more adjustment time...and that you have to install a trolley yourself, if you want one. But thats it. I am now at 1800km on the 18S and had another 1500 on the 18A. No problems whatsoever! No melted wires, no loose wheel nuts, no blown mosfets...nothing. Not even a flat ;-) Lucky!

19 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@KingSong69 aren't you forgetting miles on the AY+? or is that the A you are referring to :lol:

Nope, i jumped from "standard" 1200Watt KS18A to the 1500Watt KS18S.....

The 18AY (upgraded board and motor,fans on board, but also 1200Watt), Unfortunatly i never owned it

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Maybe the Chinese telephone effect, I'll chat with him this morning to try to understand how he came up with this.  

If you are interested in the 18S, we're running a promo where you get the 5A Fast-charger & German trolley handle kit for free. Recognition & thanks go out to @KingSong69 for discovering this handle & @eddiemoy for his YouTube video on the topic. 

Why do all of these add-on handles protrude so far above the body of the EUCs? They do seem to be somewhat brand or size specific. Why cant they be a little more of a form factor design? I can understand that on the smaller wheels the piers need to be longer to reach your hand for trollying, but this KS18 is a giraffeuc.

36 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Why do all of these add-on handles protrude so far above the body of the EUCs? They do seem to be somewhat brand or size specific. Why cant they be a little more of a form factor design? I can understand that on the smaller wheels the piers need to be longer to reach your hand for trollying, but this KS18 is a giraffeuc.

Actually that is just not installed perfectly in this video.....( in my opinion...other than that its a great video advise, dont get me wrong,this is the  best way to install a trolley on the KS18!)

You can do it lower as you can see on this photos:

pXGWhIf.jpg

GJm6Nhz.jpg

DRBk1Xl.jpg

Actually i can throw the wheel "around" by grabbing one of the trolleyarms if i want....so good and secure is that method :-)

BTW.: Sidepads without Kingsong Logos? Get them on ewheels.com :-)

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Don't forget the 18L is (for now) limited to 1000Wh max capacity.

You can either have the 18S with significantly better range now (1680Wh), or get a compromise in 5-6 months (the 18L). I would take the 18S now:efee47c9c8: Unless you really dislike the form factor.

Yeah , I’m just gonna go ahead with my purchase of the 18s . The ascetics of it have really grown on me and I want something now ! 

9 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Yeah , I’m just gonna go ahead with my purchase of the 18s . The ascetics of it have really grown on me and I want something now ! 

I was in your shoes and did the same.  I haven't even installed the trolley I bought because it isn't as bothersome to bend a little to maneuver it as I expected, although if I had a nice one from ewheels I would do it.  In fact, I may take a look on the site to see if they're available separately.  

The look of the wheel grew on me, too.  I mentioned in another thread that I have a bunch of PlastiDip paint and am going to do custom colour when I get a chance.  

Don't dismiss the ability to ride seated, either.  There are a couple of youtube videos that can give a good taste for it.  It's like having a pocket rocket as well as EUC.  

3 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

I was in your shoes and did the same.  I haven't even installed the trolley I bought because it isn't as bothersome to bend a little to maneuver it as I expected, although if I had a nice one from ewheels I would do it.  In fact, I may take a look on the site to see if they're available separately.  

The look of the wheel grew on me, too.  I mentioned in another thread that I have a bunch of PlastiDip paint and am going to do custom colour when I get a chance.  

Don't dismiss the ability to ride seated, either.  There are a couple of youtube videos that can give a good taste for it.  It's like having a pocket rocket as well as EUC.  

Nice ! Yeah I am pretty excited about the the seated riding . I may not use it very often but having the option to do so if I’d like is nice !

plasti dip sounds like an awesome idea ! Keep us updated when you start on the project!

11 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Check out my written review of it here...

You really will love it. You may be able to take it to Emerald Isle and taunt the one wheelers on the beach there.

The link failed. But I’d like to read it ...

10 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Nice ! Yeah I am pretty excited about the the seated riding . I may not use it very often but having the option to do so if I’d like is nice !

I was of this mind too when I first got my first KS18, but learning to ride seated now, it's a whole upper level of acceleration. Whenever I want to blow by cars after a red light, or power up a hill faster, I automatically sit down now.

1 minute ago, houseofjob said:

I was of this mind too when I first got my first KS18, but learning to ride seated now, it's a whole upper level of acceleration. Whenever I want to blow by cars after a red light, or power up a hill faster, I automatically sit down now.

Good to know . I can definitely see the advantages. Wind resistance seems to be one of the major factors that causes slow acceleration so giving yourself a smaller profile in the wind seems likentnwoils make a major difference.

1 minute ago, Scott Henley said:

Good to know . I can definitely see the advantages. Wind resistance seems to be one of the major factors that causes slow acceleration so giving yourself a smaller profile in the wind seems likentnwoils make a major difference.

Wind resistance is a small part of it, but concentrating your contracted weight on the head and/or nose of the wheel is a big part of the faster acceleration.

I could personally never reach the same degree of acceleration when standing like I do sitting, all on the same wheel.

1 minute ago, houseofjob said:

Wind resistance is a small part of it, but concentrating your contracted weight on the head and/or nose of the wheel is a big part of the faster acceleration.

I could personally never reach the same degree of acceleration when standing like I do sitting, all on the same wheel.

Okay. I get what you’re saying now . No issues with overheating when doing this ? 

Archived