Looking into buying V3s+ or Monster

8 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I do too, because I love the speed and the ability to feel more like transportation on the road. I also think it is a more obvious vehicle looking device than the V8, which does look and feel a little bit .... less so.

That said, I have still put on a 100 miles on my V8 since I just got a new motor on Friday. The KS18 takes me to work and back twice a day(lunch at home) but the V8 goes inside stores and to the bank and it is a ton of fun on the bunny trails off the beaten dirt trails in the Parks here. The horsey sect is very possesive of their inner city park trails.

Someone else pointed out the V8 similarity to me at CES this year. The V8 would be perfect with 5 more mph and a 10 more mile range.

Agreed about the 18S feeling more like transportation on the road.  I think part of why I've been reaching for the 18S more is also because the roads are usually clear of snow/ice, but the sidewalks are sometimes sketchy.  

Have you unlocked your V8 to be able to do 35km/h?  :)

I'm in a minority that doesn't feel the itch for more speed on the 16" for mixed city driving.  I agree about how nice the extra range would be, though.  It's weight is unique in it's class; if you ever have to carry your wheel, that's when you appreciate the V8.      

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm pretty sure that the KS16S is not capable of anywhere near 25-mph :confused1:

Small correction. There is no 22-inch MSuper. It's the 22-inch Monster, and it in no way handles like the KS18S. Totally different beasts. Their only similarity is that they both weigh over 50-pounds.

The KS18S is actually a very nice off road wheel (see my Stress Test Video 1 & 2).

Yeah , didn’t think the 16s was capable of that . I initially really wanted to go with GW this time but all the positive reviews on here and your very informative videos have swayed me more towards the 18s now . ? the one thing I don’t like (and that the 18L ...whenever it’s going to be released ?) has improved upon is the mileage needed to fully unlock the wheel . 200km vs 1000km is a big difference. 

Figured @Stan Onymous meant Monster not MSuper ?

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm getting my new ACM V2 in the next couple of days. I anticipate it becoming the ultimate off-road wheel due to its robust construction and new stronger motor. I'll get a video out soon after I've tested it.

That ACM does sound pretty impressive, you ordered from ewheels? I think your 18s Mtn. stress test 2 just sold me on the 18s though ? it looks downright beastly! I guess I’ll just have to put in 620mi before I can go 30mph ?. Maybe GW will be my 3rd wheel 

@Marty Backe, one more quick question.

The one thing that I noticed , and didn’t like about pictures I’ve seen of the KS18 was the exposed USB port . Not sure if I was looking at an older version or if it was the 18s. Is the port covered by rubber flap like on the newer 14 and 16 in wheels or is it still open ? 

10 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

They all have ridiculous meaningless names (what the hell does ACM stand for anyway?)

9 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

So what does ACM stand for. :popcorn:

"All cables melt" :efee8319ab: (To be fair, this was before they upgraded the motor wiring and now again with the Tesla motor on the ACM2, should be a thing of the past, now it'll probably overheat or blow a mosfet under extreme prolonged stress)

Btw, the only thing a name has to do is be memorable. So we can argue wether "msuper V3s+" or KS18S" is better.

I like the ACM name. Not sure if it even stands for something, but it sounds cool.

14 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I am actually hoping for a bit more out of the V10 for speed and range. Those specs wouldve made the V8/ glide 3 perfect. The new one has a higher bar to clear.

There are so many new wheels looming in the near future, it’s all really exciting stuff . Looking back to 3 years ago the improvements made have just been staggering ! It’s hard to imagine what the wheels coming out in the next few years are going to bring to the table . I’m just very impatient and want something faster with longer range now ! ?

Nothing with >1000Wh is going to happen in the next 6 months (except maybe the 20 inch Gotway), so you have no choice anyways if you want the range.

18S is a great choice, if you like the form factor, probably better than the msuper because of better electronics quality and reliability for more trust in the wheel not cutting out on you (though it's not like that happened with the ms3, so it's theoretical). The Monster has the biggest battery though.

Just make sure you get the 1680Wh version of the 18S!

9 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

No, how do i go about doing that? Wheel log?

Yip, latest versions of wheellog and darkness bot could give you a 35kmh speed on the V8. Depending you have the correct firmware on the wheel. Also this higher speed is battery related. With depleting battery its not 35kmh anymore. AFAIK it was getting down to 30kmh very fast....

I dont know100% to 60-70% and then its 30kmh....or something like that

Because the ks18, msv3, and Monster are much further up your leg that, say, an ks14, or especially an ACM, those bigger wheels act more like a solid block underneath you instead of floating gently between your legs. Therefore, by the simple expedient of adding and extending the top of the smaller wheels with foam and rubber blocks, you can give your small wheel that big wheel feel. You never tip big wheels; you swivel your hips. Smaller wheels respond well to both tipping and swiveling.

I think a small wheel and a  big wheel is a great choice. The less overlap the better. I find myself grabbing my S1 most of the time, and the msv3 the rest of the time. Everything else is too big a compromise.

4 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Yip, latest versions of wheellog and darkness bot could give you a 35kmh speed on the V8. Depending you have the correct firmware on the wheel. Also this higher speed is battery

Yes, I just connected Darknessbot and got it set to 33 1/3. Im old school like that B). Good to know that it will dip down with battery power like the normal app. It feels so good to cruise at 19mph without the warnings. Seems to consume more power that way as well. It was windy today too so that may be at play as well. The V8 feels really stable and natural at 19-20 mph. 

Thanks for the great tip! :thumbup:

Archived