Jump to content

Anyone ever used the Swagroller?


Wheelie
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's just an Inmotion V3 with maybe a smaller battery or so. This means it's a perfectly fine product. But in the end, the twin wheel design kind of ruins what EUCs are all about - because instead of going into any desired curve radius smoothly, it's either go straight or balance on one of the wheels suddenlyy to turn. Also said to be quite bad for bumpy terrain because the "wide tire" gets twisted.

But you seem to have a V3 yourself, so you know. Time to get a real EUC:efee47c9c8:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have ridden a swagroller once . A friend of mine bought one on amazon about 8months ago. The twin wheel makes it feel more stable (at that point I had never ridden an EUC and I could easily mount and dismount) but it has small battery and a low top speed . As others stated ...same design as the V3 but not as good . Shortly after he had it (maybe 3weeks ) a loud grinding noise started occurring under load , even with his 55lb 6yo riding it . After looking at some other reviews on amazon this seems to be a fairly common issue . He sent it back before the 30 day return window closed. 

Edited by Scott Henley
On instead if in.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, houseofjob said:

I think I heard from a forum member that this is just a repackaged InMotion product.

I’d be highly skeptical of it being an actual inmotion product. The lack of quality control seen in reviews is not on par with what I know about inmotion as a whole . But I may be wrong . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scott Henley said:

I’d be highly skeptical of it being an actual inmotion product. The lack of quality control seen in reviews is not on par with what I know about inmotion as a whole . But I may be wrong . 

"Re-packaged" doesn't always equate to the same quality as the original FYI.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

I have ridden a swagroller once . A friend of mine bought one on amazon about 8months ago. The twin wheel makes it feel more stable (at that point I had never ridden an EUC and I could easily mount and dismount) but it has small battery and a low top speed . As others stated ...same design as the V3 but not as good . Shortly after he had it (maybe 3weeks ) a loud grinding noise started occurring under load , even with his 55lb 6yo riding it . After looking at some other reviews on amazon this seems to be a fairly common issue . He sent it back before the 30 day return window closed. 

Hey, @Scott Henley. Nice to see you here. Glad you got on after I dropped you a link. Anyway, this is one I've considered to buy for my brother a few times. Swagroller (my bad, I meant Swagtron) made the exploding batteries (they didn't, they just chose to use cheap batteries which back fired and hurt the industry as a whole) which we all have been unfairly blamed for now. Therefore, I never did because I assumed there was a lack of quality. I might have to rethink that now that I know that InMotion was the real provider.

Edited by outcast00096
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Swagroller made the exploding batteries

 

I have not heard of ONE Swagroller being purchased, let alone exploding. They also don't make batteries.  It was hoverboards that it exploded with batteries made by someone other than Swagroller. 

Edited by kasenutty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, outcast00096 said:

Hey, @Scott Henley. Nice to see you here. Glad you got on after I dropped you a link. Anyway, this is one I've considered to buy for my brother a few times. Swagroller made the exploding batteries which we all have been unfairly blamed for now. Therefore, I never did because I assumed there was a lack of quality. I might have to rethink that now that I know that InMotion was the real provider.

Thanks for the advice about this forum , I’ve been frequently going on the FB forums but I’m looking for some non biased views on a few wheels I’m considering and figured this would be a better place to get that . Yeah, I was unaware that the swagrroller was an actual inmotion product ...I might revisit it as a starter wheel for my son. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

 

I have not heard of ONE Swagroller being purchased, let alone exploding. They also don't make batteries.  It was hoverboards that it exploded with batteries made by someone other than Swagroller. 

@kasenutty, yes your correct. I meant the hoverboards they made had the exploding batteries. I also misspoke when I said they made the batteries. They were the ones who used them though. Thanks for the corrections. Also, I'm at work so I'm quickly typing and trying not to get caught. LOL

Edited by outcast00096
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah that's incredibly annoying isn't it? What's worse is it's like she tilts the unit backwards to slow it down (or shuts off the gyro) and almost dumps me off every  time. And there's no early warning sound to let you know you're already near top speed.  The Swagroller is slow, no doubt about it.  I really like it  compared to the old black with the red cover no name unit I had,  if they had a software patch to up the top speed it would be awesome. There are mentions of users making their scooter run faster by using an Inmotion app--any chance of something like that working with the EUC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...