Rehab1´s accident(s)

Rehab1

4 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

You found my memorial. You are quit the investigator. I’m still vertical. ;)

Edited by Rehab1

Been doing a lot of Google searches and reading:

Krasnodar: not far from the Black Sea

Turkish stream: Russian gas pipe laid in Black Sea to Eastern European markets restarted after 'sanctions' pushed back Russian market expansionism

Yamal gas port/field(Siberia on Ob river /Artic waters): new class of gas transport/ice breaker ships started. LNG shipping flow West to Norway in Arctic passage is 12 months a year. Flow East to China market is 6 months out of a year , an improvement over 4 months because of ice breaker based ship design . Pipeline construction from same field to more southerly and westward pipelines.

Reaching Boston as well by ship.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2018/01/29/tanker-unloads-lng-everett-terminal-that-contains-russian-gas/rewj1wKjajaKtLp79irzTI/story.html

Prudhoe Bay gas pipeline: pipeline transport rather than Russian ship-type transport. Pipeline transport assures in-state gas distribution when constructed. Gas liquification from new gas field in Prudhoe Bay will be at southern coastal ship loading and transport facility

'Lithium triangle': Chile-Bolivia-Argentina

Road salt for NYC & Boston: currently the bulk comes from the Atacama Salt flat in northern Chile

Detroit salt mine: really deep under Detroit, public tours no longer allowed

Finger Lakes in NY: big underground salt mine

Nevada: possible in state lithium mining prospects. Lithium drying beds visible on Google Earth

Lithium from concentrate: shipped to and refined and made into batteries in China

Lithium in Australia: near Perth

Lithium valence electron: kind of easy to lose the S orbital valence electron as compared to heavier elements. Lithium specific salts (CO, MN, Fe, etc) aside simple formulas exist to convert 'moles of elemental lithium' to the watt hours value of a battery.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

fixed the picture for you.

Now you can focus on that color near the armpit ....lymphatic flow?

Real challenges:

Sleeping on one side

Sitting up and getting out of bed to use the bathroom...the leg weight lever and balance method

Using toilet paper without moving the injured shoulder

Eventual use of the left sleeve of a shirt

Showering without fear of slipping

Moving soap around with one hand while showering

Dealing with a darn shoulder sling

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Let's keep it a little more on the cheery side of things Bob. I'm not even hurt and I'm depressed after reading this post :facepalm:

These are common afflictions of the aged, and indeed a full quarter of bed sores are caused by lack of mobility. Most of the aged, in their last two years of their life, require 24 hour care.

training wheels have a stigma about them, but I'm wondering if deployable training wheels that can drop down like airplane landing gear would be a good option to have for high speed straightaways.

23 minutes ago, Electroman said:

Gets blood pumping.

That was great, and scary. I've experienced the EUC version of that a couple of times in the earlier days. Another reason I only only ride really fast on smooth pavement that I'm familiar with.

• Like 3

Attributed to Keith Code, but this knowledge won't really help us because we are part of the wheel when riding. I mean to say, other than bailing off the wheel, we can't "relax on the handlebars" like the way Keith Code suggests.

Here's the quote from his book (I have both of his books and the DVD). While this won't help you to stop this kind of crash, at least you'll know how this crash occurred in the first place.

"the process of head shake (which can be the beginnings of a tank slapper) begins when the tire hits a ripple and, along with the suspension, compresses. This throws the wheel slightly off-center. When the suspension and tire release, the wheel is light and flicks back toward a centered position, but again, slightly off-center. Still off-center when it loads again from the next ripple; again it is flicked past its centered position. The cycle of flicking back and forth repeats as the front-end seeks to stabilize through this automatic and necessary self- correcting process. Any bike will do it, and what most riders fail to realize is that this shake is a necessary part of the bike’s suspension system. Based on the amount of wiggling, squirming and overuse of controls most riders exhibit, the bike would, if it could, surely ask them to leave. Riders create instability on their own mounts."

• Like 2

Yes I have experienced slight wobble on ACM too but never expected a EUC to do this, probably my own fault for being newbi and still to learn tenique but just speculating, people ride on 1 feel and all kind of circus acts (better riders than me that is hehe :lol: ) and seem fine so would be nice to know?

To be honest and no misunderstandings, while experienced it a few times of the 2 two wheelers that ended with cold sweat and in the ditch even that one is not me, it just show how scary things can become hehe.

Good tip Marty, been on the way off the ACM on some occasion cause of bumps, roots sticking up etc in the asphalt that I saw too late or did not see at all

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LanghamP said:

These are common afflictions of the aged,

I feel the obligation to tell you that during my own recovery from a broken shoulder (March 2017) these very observations were real on a daily basis and over time were overcome as the healing process progressed. In fact from day to day I could feel certain improvements in feeling and restoration of movement....however I did not undergo any surgical procedures. Starting physical therapy was a line of demarcation between tissue type healing and performance/strength/range of motion improvement.

I'm confident that in 6 months to a year @Rehab1 will emerge with a new attitude and a realistically restored site of injury. The rest is personal choices.

Of course I did not have either the @Rehab1 attitude or professional duties to deal with.

Having seen one parent go through the nursing home process I can only heartily agree with you on your comment. ?

Most of the day to day staff were working people 'of color' who provided the necessary services like bathing, dressing and ward supervision. Professionally credentialed and staff (nurses, doctor, visiting nurse practitioner) were most frequently Caucasian. Volunteer(?)kids for a variety of tasks were often involved.  Vital support and supervisory services were provided but the contrast to main stream living was very depressing.

57 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Even though it was a painful day I cannot thank everyone enough for their kind words. 

I installed a knobby tire on the ACM but no slime. I only wish there was a definitive answer as to what happened. I just don’t want anyone else to go through this.

This is very interesting. Perhaps knobby tires when used riding fast can be a problem. I have no idea, but now I think maybe I don't want to change my tires from the factory default.

If you can recall @Rehab1, what would you guess your speed was? 15+, 20+, etc.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This is very interesting. Perhaps knobby tires when used riding fast can be a problem. I have no idea, but now I think maybe I don't want to change my tires from the factory default.

Hard to say but I would not change Marty.  Stay safe.

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If you can recall @Rehab1, what would you guess your speed was? 15+, 20+, etc.

20 +

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1