Rehab1´s accident(s)

Rehab1

14 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Oh yeah. All good . Aside from the giant scar . (I posted a photo of it above ) 

It actually looks much better than it used to .

Did you know that the silicone strips are supposed to minimize even old ones?  Kind of expensive, I just got a tube of liquid silicone roll-on to test it on some old scars.  @Rehab1 gave me the idea, 

Although yours is not that big, looks like it healed nicely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Did you know that the silicone strips are supposed to minimize even old ones?  Kind of expensive, I just got a tube of liquid silicone roll-on to test it on some old scars.  @Rehab1 gave me the idea, 

Although yours is not that big, looks like it healed nicely.

No I didn’t know that . It did heal pretty well. For about the first year it was much thicker and raised . But over the past 4yrs it has defiantly gotten better . And I don’t think I’d want to minimize it any more . Gives me “character “ . Lol

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, steve454 said:

The high price of the silicone is the downside. I can get approximately 4-6 weeks wearing time out of the 2 strips. They say you need to wear the silicone approximately 3 months for optimal results. Curious what the surgeon’s opinion will be in two weeks as the wound already looks better. 

I am biting at the bit to begin therapy to increase my range of motion. I miss going to a simple fast food drive through without incident.  I have to use my right arm to exchange money and grab the food. Embarrassingly I’ve dropped both food and drink beneath the drive through windows while performing my ridiculous juggling act.  :facepalm:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

The high price of the silicone is the downside. I can get approximately 4-6 weeks wearing time out of the 2 strips. They say you need to wear the silicone approximately 3 months for optimal results. Curious what the surgeon’s opinion will be in two weeks as the wound already looks better. 

I am biting at the bit to begin therapy to increase my range of motion. I miss going to a simple fast food drive through without incident.  I have to use my right arm to exchange money and grab the food. Embarrassingly I’ve dropped both food and drink beneath the drive through windows while performing my ridiculous juggling act.  :facepalm:

Could you please install a dashboard cam  :popcorn:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Could you please install a dashboard cam  :popcorn:

:laughbounce2:  I’ve learned my embarrassing lessons so there would not be very much to show. 

8 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

You need to come to New Zealand to recuperate... We drive on the left, so you will be able to live off fast food.. For a while anyway!   :blink:

Just coming to New Zealand for a visit would be worth it! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

You Americans crack me up... Just spit on it and wrap it in a (fairly) clean sock for a couple of days... She'll be right!

Tegaderm feels like a second skin and isn't bulky like a bandage, pretty awesome stuff. Also prevents you soaking and staining your clothes. I hear sheep poop is better but it's hard to come by here in the states and Trump will probably put a tariff on it. :D

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

I hear sheep poop is better but it's hard to come by here in the states and Trump will probably put a tariff on it. :D

:P

38936147280_159f045cd5_b.jpg

• Like 1

:w00t2:  Niiice... you're starting to look more like Ironman!  Do you feel like they would help avoid ACL/MCL injuries for EUC riders?  I wonder if someone like @EUC Extreme or others would benefit from routinely wearing knee braces to help avoid costly injuries to their knees?  Looking at you @Cloud.  :whistling:  How's the bursitis?

I'm still thinking about getting a pair to try out under my pants.  I wear loose casual pants usually.  Are there any downsides like if you fell on the brace, would it transfer the forces in a bad way, or is there enough padding to help cushion unusual falls?  If @dmethvin had worn these from the get go, would he have avoided the knee injury?

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

My new EVS Axis Sport knee braces arrived today. They are awesome! I went with a large. No slippage. You can easily bend at the knees. The plastic patella cup moves with the brace almost simulating an anatomical motion. I’m truely impressed. There are 4 straps , 2 above and 2 below the knee. The strap just above the calf captures the smaller circumference of the leg so it helps resist distal migration.

40803050842_783009f993_b.jpg

40136138064_66cea53f0a_b.jpg

40136137244_6b8aa69e26_b.jpg

40136137804_e1717511f4_b.jpg

WOW. You're not going to take any chances are you. Can you get something as robust for your shoulders?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

WOW. You're not going to take any chances are you. Can you get something as robust for your shoulders?

My new jacket has decent shoulder pads but there is always room for improvement. My new forearm/ elbow pads would have helped in the accident. They will be getting some additional padding as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2:  Niiice... you're starting to look more like Ironman!  Do you feel like they would help avoid ACL/MCL injuries for EUC riders?  I wonder if someone like @EUC Extreme or others would benefit from routinely wearing knee braces to help avoid costly injuries to their knees?  Looking at you @Cloud.  :whistling:  How's the bursitis?

I'm still thinking about getting a pair to try out under my pants.  I wear loose casual pants usually.  Are there any downsides like if you fell on the brace, would it transfer the forces in a bad way, or is there enough padding to help cushion unusual falls?  If @dmethvin had worn these from the get go, would he have avoided the knee injury?

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love, Bursitis hasnt resurfaced, thank god. And the torn miniscus doesnt seem to bother me that much at this point  I havent had any bad falls for about a year now, hope my luck doesnt run out. I have grown so complacent that i dont wear any protection at all these days. Maybe this thread will sober me up and I will once again dust off my knee pads, wrist pads and helmet.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

distal migration” is such a pain in the ass!!  :wacko: :D

Sorry. The fu...kin things slip down. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

There is no way of telling if the knee braces will protect all 3 planes of motion throughout different scenarios. Only a motion analysis lab could test that. These definitely feel  biomechanically sound. 

I think @dmethvin would have benefited as the braces offer both rotational resistance and hyperextension control. The braces come with an assortment of knee flexion/ extension stops that are easily interchangeable. Currently I have set them at 180 degrees which will prevent the knee from hyperextending thus protecting numerous ligaments.  You can easily put the braces into more flexion but I prefer to straighten my knees when walking. 

• Like 3

OMG was I off on my surgery bill! Holy shit! $53,957.44 so far! The surgeon, anesthesiologist and operating room costs have not been billed yet. It may end up being closer to $75k. Thank God for insurance. Wonder what my cadaver bone cost?

39954384875_d277748ed2_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2