Rehab1´s accident(s)

Rehab1

1 minute ago, Vik's said:

... and a zipper:

zip9bz.thumb.jpg.3fc2a019dd672339b961da54d8fcd4b6.jpg

Yep!

zip.thumb.jpg.eb2d0493f491fd0a4bc751106ec42e09.jpg

Good one ! :roflmao: Looks like I’m either giving birth to a wheel or some syfi creature is crawling out of my shoulder!  :laughbounce2:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

Good one ! :roflmao: Looks like I’m either giving birth to a wheel or some syfi creature is crawling out of my shoulder!  :laughbounce2:

maybe it should be your acm, and a tire track that slowly turns into a tire track ;) 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

That sounds painful! :wacko: I did have some fun today throwing components together to create The Dashboard EUC. Fun for the whole family. :)

:roflmao:

Apparently your shoulder injury has provided you lots of free time.

I really cracked up when I saw this.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

That sounds painful! :wacko: I did have some fun today throwing components together to create The Dashboard EUC. Fun for the whole family. :)

You seriously have too much time on your hand.  (see what I did there?)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

All of my winter remodeling projects are on hold so I do have time to screw around. Trust me I would rather be finishing up the bathroom. Never thought I would be looking forward to cleaning up dog poop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

You seriously have too much time on your hand.  (see what I did there?)

Hand instead of :thumbup:  :cheers:  :clap3:‘S

:laughbounce2:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Sounds painfull. Glad your going back to see the physician. Are you wearing any type of splint to stabilze the fx site? Schaphoid Fxs typically heal rapidly if you follow protocol.  

25746479197_3459dfab83_b.jpg

Yes I do have several of them including a very stable one locking all angles with 3 wide bands/straps specifically for work and even wore it when it happen, whatever happen on Thursday to make the hand so swollen and same pain back as after the incident some 4 months ago. But also have the 2 pieces from the last cast that I put on today cause needed even more stability and cast back on with hook and loop strap on to lock it in place, kept hopes up over weekend thinking maybe it's just pain from overworking it but wills top lying to myself and visit ER in the morning again, don't want to accept it but something happen again so no choice.

Some Scaphoid fractures can heal relatively quickly but depends on several factors and not least location, mine is a waist fracture so blood supply is far from optimal but not as bad as a proximal pole fracture, a distal tubercle fracture though can heal faster that's probably what you have in mind? This image is simplification all things considered and age, health and many other factors play a role, but display chances of union.

23 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

25746479197_3459dfab83_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, Electroman said:

scaphoid2.gif

Edited by Electroman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Electroman said:

visit ER in the morning again, don't want to accept it but something happen again so no choice.

Your physician has covered all of the bases especially bivalving the rigid cast for complete immobilization. I know it’s tough not being able to use your hand. If I can ask what is your occupation? Did you find out any more information today from the physician?

• Like 1

On 04/03/2018 at 11:27 PM, Rehab1 said:

looks like a system akin to one that could reduce weight of an euc

4 minutes ago, exoplanet said:

looks like a system akin to one that could reduce weight of an euc

RELAIK?

redlike? :dribble:

i need your amazing aswers to this question:

My tesla blew a mosfet what do i do?

I'm thinking of putting some "whole body healing cream on it. It'll work my tesla is like my second part of my body.. what would you suggest? :D

2 hours ago, Shad0z said:

RELAIK?

redlike? :dribble:

i need your amazing aswers to this question:

My tesla blew a mosfet what do i do?

I'm thinking of putting some "whole body healing cream on it. It'll work my tesla is like my second part of my body.. what would you suggest? :D

Lol. I would see which one looks fried, buy a couple on ebay, disconnect the battery, discharge the capacitors and desolder the old one and resolder the new one. Perhaps a stronger set of them. I dont know enough about mossfets to know wether you can exchange them for stronger ones without causing problems. The cream you mentioned, I would use for lubrication certain places.

4 minutes ago, exoplanet said:

Lol. I would see which one looks fried, buy a couple on ebay, disconnect the battery, discharge the capacitors and desolder the old one and resolder the new one. Perhaps a stronger set of them. I dont know enough about mossfets to know wether you can exchange them for stronger ones without causing problems. The cream you mentioned, I would use for lubrication certain places.

Not the typical exoplanet out of mind reply but.. Good enough ;) enough to earn your red like. It would be sad to ruin them

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Your physician has covered all of the bases especially bivalving the rigid cast for complete immobilization. I know it’s tough not being able to use your hand. If I can ask what is your occupation? Did you find out any more information today from the physician?

Yeah I hear you my friend, of course I'm a steel worker but very wide the company do so many areas covering anything from small special orders like one of a kind wine rackets and small details to larger projects on bigger construction sites and anything in between, but atm I want in on the big projects and enjoy being on larger construction and especially load bearing, ISO 1090 yadda, yadda.. Specifically I want something like this now:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Höga_Kusten_Bridge

Was there in the 90's and been full circle since it feels like and want back to those kinds of projects, but yeah require a good left too I suppose so just bite the bullet and wait. I did x ray again today but never got to see the orthopedist they seam so overloaded it's insane so we agreed (nurse and me) on me wearing the 2 halves of the old cast now and he get back to me asap, I am no expert but I got glimpse of the Scaphoid from x ray and to me as an amateur I think I can can def see the fracture, same place never regained full strength I think? Will know more soon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Electroman said:

I did x ray again today but never got to see the orthopedist they seam so overloaded it's insane so we agreed (nurse and me) on me wearing the 2 halves of the old cast now and he get back to me asap, I am no expert but I got glimpse of the Scaphoid from x ray and to me as an amateur I think I can can def see the fracture, same place never regained full strength I think? Will know m

Yes ortho is traditionally overwhelmed if there any good. When I went back to see my surgeon 2 weeks ago I was greated  by his PA. I hope you did not re-fracture your scaphoid. I know your line of work puts demands on your hands but you also need time  to heel. Keep us posted. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes ortho is traditionally overwhelmed if there any good. When I went back to see my surgeon 2 weeks ago I was greated  by his PA. I hope you did not re-fracture your scaphoid. I know your line of work puts demands on your hands but you also need time  to heel. Keep us posted. 

Yes, will do thanks.

On 3/4/2018 at 5:56 PM, Marty Backe said:

I figured the wheel would fall off the rail at some point in the video, or at least tip forward at a 90 degree angle

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaveThomasPilot said:

I figured the wheel would fall off the rail at some point in the video, or at least tip forward at a 90 degree angle

Basically the device is a slow motion camera device. Once it hits the end of the track it automatically reverses. Invention might be a stretch. Just a fun little project.:)

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Epi-Derm silicone patch

That's interesting, never heard of Epi-Derm before.  I'm going to google that and find out more about it.

Just went to Bio Derm website, found out that silicone reduces scars by providing the best environment for healing, keeping the right amount of moisture in and preventing the overproduction of collagen.  :thumbup:

Edited by steve454
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That's interesting, never heard of Epi-Derm before.  I'm going to google that and find out more about it.

Just went to Bio Derm website, found out that silicone reduces scars by providing the best environment for healing, keeping the right amount of moisture in and preventing the overproduction of collagen.  :thumbup:

The stuff is amazing!!!!

one time at a county commission mtg my asshole neighbor came up to me and said my place was on fire. i jumped on my fatboy and headed home. about the last stop light before i turn left on the road to my driveway, i was trying to look and see where the smoke was coming from, and almost wound up in the cargo compartment of the suv in front of me. 

i learned from that.

the fire wasn’t shit. a lightning strike in a swamp that would have burned out on it’s own but because it was smoldering, and concerned about smoke on the interstate, they sent fire trucks. big deal, and i almost died from that, nothing.

from that day on, when i got on a motorcycle and left the house, the only thing i concentrated on was dodging cars, road debris and anything else that would stop me from getting to my destination. if i started thinking, maybe i left the oven on, i would think to myself, make a decision, turn around and go check or forget about it and let the house burn down, because it ain’t gonna matter, if i’m dead. just saying. riding a motorcycle on the street is like a cat taking a stroll thru caesar milan’s dog pen.

so mr @Rehab1 what did u learn?

this has nothing to do with this post but this is my other bike 2008 ktm superduke r, only 50 brought in to the usa. i just think it’s pretty.

ktm superduke r

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2