Rehab1´s accident(s)

Rehab1

38 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I agree. I am always scanning the ground. If I'm ever sight seeing, I'm going very slow. Good advice @novazeus

thanks @Marty Backe Bob and i just came back from my neighbor’s outlet mall and costco. i border the mall because it’s on the northern part of the ranch sold many years ago. so it is close. i’m in a one ton dooley 4 wheel drive and i have to take evasive maneuvers 3 times, or else i would have been in a accident. humans are idiots. especially behind the steering wheel. i drive my one ton very slowly. plus Bob is a terrible backseat driver. these guys out with traffic are in a totally different cone of danger. i’ll bet if a cager ran over a wheeler, even if the cager was wrong, they’d say, “ i never saw him/her” and the cop would probably console them. that strobe i see on some of the wheels is smart. i modulated the headlight on every motorcycle before i went on the road.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I took a clip from a video I posted last year of me riding around with orthopedic braces. It bit me in the ass! Bad omen.

26465733728_1b161c471e_b.jpg

how did you need a surgery and get so badly hurt at 

25mph with a pothole?

i fell at 25mph too over 20cm bumps that were more like cracks almost and flew off it.. And i got a little scraping and my elbow hurt for about 10 min after crash?

but how exactly do you manage to need a surgery at a 40kph crash???

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

how did you need a surgery and get so badly hurt at 

25mph with a pothole?

i fell at 25mph too over 20cm bumps that were more like cracks almost and flew off it.. And i got a little scraping and my elbow hurt for about 10 min after crash?

but how exactly do you manage to need a surgery at a 40kph crash???

Congratulations! I only wish my fall had ended with a differnent outcome. Be grateful! 

Call my accident a kinematic anomaly. A freak of nature. Dumb luck. The custom ACM pedal spikes I fabricated worked perfectly as designed, holding my feet firmly in place. Unfortunately all of the stored ACM kinetic energy along with my body mass worked as a pile driver when I landed on my elbow. As I hit the pavement all of the accumulated energy and torque translated up through my humeral shaft to the head shattering it. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Congratulations! I only wish my fall had ended with a differnent outcome. Be grateful! 

Call my accident a kinematic anomaly. The pedal spikes holding my feet firmly in place along with the kinetic energy built up in my ACM as it wobbled and fell. I went down with the wheel essentially attached to my shoes and landed perfectly on my elbow that then translated all of the driving forces and torque directly to my humeral shaft. The transilatory energy then continued up to the humeral head shattering it. 

i was indeed. "very lucky" but only just..

did you have safety gear on? if is so what did you wear?

Edited by Shad0z

47 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Helmet and leather jacket. My riding gear would go up a notch if my wife ever gave me her blessings to ride again. Custom fit XTech shoulder pads would be a top priority along with my current helmet, elbow , knee and wrist guards.

I see.. When i crashed i was wearing wristguards. Elbowpads. Kneepads and a cross helmet

Google searching tells me that the orthotic and prosthetic business across from the hospital in Salem, MA closed. The business fronts found locally seem to change with a life span of only a few years in many retail store front cases.....I guess the closing is not too surprising.

Google:

hanger clinic orthotic salem ma highland ave.

39 minutes ago, outcast00096 said:

EUC's are a strange ride in that when you come off you're pretty much wearing as much protection as a pedestrian. You could die from going 25 mph. We're lucky Rehab did not.

Thank you!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, outcast00096 said:

You really need to calm yourself down. It comes off as a personal attack to me or, at least, I'm cooler than you because I can crash at 25 mph and walk away from it. I don't comment on your stuff because I have nothing really to add to it. However, the way that this is worded is unnecessary and I cannot stand for it. The man got hurt and it was serious. You could have easily asked, "I was wondering if you were wearing any safety gear at the time?" 

im sorry my intentions were in no way to say i was coolor than anyone :mellow:

i think you misunderstood what i meant with that post :blink1:

i was just very confused since i almost didnt suffer any injuries and rehab got very badly hurt. and i was wondering because it just seemed odd if he crashed and then fell down a 30 meter hole. or fell down a hill....or if he just crashed on flat ground or anything else that could make the injury that bad

so i dont know why its "unesesary" to learn from others experience i didnt know if he fell at 40 kph on flat ground or down a cliff... 

i never know before i ask. 

so im sorry if i upset anyone. but maybe you should assume less...

Edited by Shad0z
i got my freind to transelate insted of google transelate

6 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

hanger clinic orthotic salem ma highland ave.

86664.png

A woman from 'Pro Ex - Physical therapy' came out and asked 'what is that'? I rode a circle and she seemed impressed as the idea of braking and forward movement became part of the conversation.

#311 is an unnumbered doorway (empty space) on the buildings 3rd floor.

86666.jpg

Edited by Bob Eisenman

8 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

My answer is 4 times.

:) Sorry but you need to wait until the video is complete this weekend. You can then watch ithe video and count the number of times I had to use more than just my right hand.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TremF said:

I wish I could get it right with two hands let alone 1! lol

I'll go for 7 times total. :) 

Sorry but you need to wait until the video is complete this weekend. You can then watch ithe video and count the number of times I had to use more than just my right hand. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

:) Sorry but you need to wait until the video is complete this weekend. You can then watch ithe video and count the number of times I had to use more than just my right hand.

It's much more interesting this way @Rehab1, before seeing anything :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Twice. Once for connecting the motor and battery connectors and once for disconnecting the motor and battery connectors.

Hmm. He mentioned "There were a few times I needed the assistance of my employees" which means more than twice or it would have been a couple?  :) 

Edited by TremF
  • Like 1