Rehab1´s accident(s)

Rehab1

8 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

I think the issue is that if the elbow pads arent attached firmly enough then the friction between them when falling and the asphalt will make the slide off.

Well it still sat on the arm but yes you are correct  it sifted position due to friction on tarmac was higher.

1 minute ago, Scatcat said:

That is probably what happened. As @Unventor said, he landed pretty flat on his backpack, and slid forward a feet or two.

But I have to give it to him, there was exactly one big rock on the road, trust @Unventor to find it... I stod there absolutely sure he saw it, then I start a stillborn shout as I see him hit it dead on. I was maybe 25 yards away and the wheel got almost halfway to me before stopping.

I’m going to see if the clip we recorded came out good, then you can all see the rock for yourselves... ?

Too bad I was not bought on film, I am pretty sure my interpretation of chicken flapping my arm only show up in slow-motion. So major question  remains...does prove I am not a chicken or just a chicken that has not learned to fly yet? ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well I guess I'm official in club @Rehab1 despite it is only minor injuries I got from my accident today. @Scatcat was there as we were testing a parking lot for speeding and breaking. 

<snip>

Glad that you are basically OK, and have a good sense of humor about it.

So, I assume that your parking lot failed the test? :P

• Like 2

Just now, Unventor said:

Too bad I was not bought on film, I am pretty sure my interpretation of chicken flapping my arm only show up in slow-motion. So major question  remains...does prove I am not a chicken or just a chicken that has not learned to fly yet? ?

If I knew you'd take flight, I sure would have documented the evolution of man to bird... or is that chicken? :D

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Well the wheel parked so did I just not as intended and at same spot ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Native languages and all that :D

But I think @Unventor will be a bit leery of a repeat performance, so I suppose it DID fail the test.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Native languages and all that :D

But I think @Unventor will be a bit leery of a repeat performance, so I suppose it DID fail the test.

Practice makes perfect 

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Come to think of it.... @Scatcat wheel worked fine just me, my rookie (lag of) skills and autopilot mode not engaged on my wheel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Well it kinda slided up my arm. It is a packetdeal from tripple8. Now I know what to look for next, mc jacket with build in pads.

The things I learn riding EUCs? priceless but not painless ?

Yes, I am looking for one myself atm but don't want something that stand out too much, perhaps counterproductive but a lit on the slim side and ventilated and started to look at these, they are available in different models, shapes etc and perhaps a good investment.

https://www.24mx.se/skyddsjacka-alpinestars-bionic-plus-svart-rod-vit#?p

https://www.24mx.se/skyddsjacka-alpinestars-bionic-action-svart-rod?nosto=productpage-personal-brand-1#?p

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your fall.  I don't think I've yet heard of an accident where someone ended up flat on their back while falling at speed.  I'm guessing you rolled as you hit the ground?  

It's always useful when folks post about their accidents because it helps to be able to visualize what happened in an effort to try to avoid that type of accident in the future (hopefully).  Also helpful to hear about the elbow pads sliding.  

Ouch, that looks bad for an arm that had elbow pads on!! Shows again that abrasion is the #1 concern for us wheelers, not worst case hard impacts or so. So the protective gear must not slide off easily.

Rocks are indeed evil. This ****er got me last year. Looking forward to see yours. Maybe we can start a crash-causing item collection thread where everyone can post their rocks 'n' potholes:efee8319ab:

56575.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Ouch, that looks bad for an arm that had elbow pads on!! Shows again that abrasion is the #1 concern for us wheelers, not worst case hard impacts or so. So the protective gear must not slide off easily.

Rocks are indeed evil. This ****er got me last year. Looking forward to see yours. Maybe we can start a crash-causing item collection thread where everyone can post their rocks 'n' potholes:efee8319ab:

56575.jpg

I'm down. I'll take pictures of all the spots I've crashed and their cause for this proposed new thread.

On 7/5/2018 at 3:26 PM, Electroman said:

Yes, I am looking for one myself atm but don't want something that stand out too much, perhaps counterproductive but a lit on the slim side and ventilated and started to look at these, they are available in different models, shapes etc and perhaps a good investment.

https://www.24mx.se/skyddsjacka-alpinestars-bionic-plus-svart-rod-vit#?p

https://www.24mx.se/skyddsjacka-alpinestars-bionic-action-svart-rod?nosto=productpage-personal-brand-1#?p

I wear this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DUHAN-Motorcycle-Jacket-Spring-Summer-Moto-Jacket-Motocross-Riding-Clothing-Breathable-Motorcycle-Jacket-Men-Protective-Gear/32846951704.html

It has build in elbow protection, since it is mostly mesh it is comfortable in the summer. So far I have not had to test how well it protects since I have not fallen with it :-)

It is not going to be suitable for cold months. When it is cool (less then 15C) I wear a bicycle jacket (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tour-de-France-Bicycle-Cycling-Jersey-Men-Riding-Breathable-Jacket-Cycle-Clothing-Bike-Long-Sleeve-Winter/1537006631.html) on top.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Unventor said:

I don't dare to speculate...despite the road rash the elbow pad did take initial impact. So did my backpack...and my wallet. Ok yes I were kinda in panic mode hanging horizontal in mid air. I doubt I would be able to brace for the impact thought proces if I had been unprotected.

My lower back is hurting quiet a bit now a few days after. I can barely bend it or lean on in sitting poseur. So my trick is to roll on side and use side motion to get from laying down sitting upright,  then I can manage to move to standing up.

I've had three real falls, and each time my muscles were sore as h-ll afterwards. No permanent damage, just overstressed.

Your pads saved you from worse, but those elbow pads just don't cut it, you should get some that sit tight in place. My POCs are just slide on, but have a velcro tape on the end that stops the tendency to slide - something like that might do it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1