Rehab1´s accident(s)

Rehab1

Are you selling to corporate?  If you are, be careful as they will work you to the bone to meet their quotas.  I'm not familiar with your industry, but I've heard stories where people have to pay back $200,000 per year to the corp because they didn't produce the numbers promised.  I'd read the contract with a magnifying glass.  They lure you in with the big figures, and then they got you by the neck.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Probably an ex- employee that just died. 

It just happened. I can carry the wheels in my other hand. I had hoped to leave in the morning for Cades Cove and then meet up in Gatlinburg with family on Monday but my one labradoodle was diagnosed with kennel cough this morning. Not sure what to do as the kennel will not accept either dog now. 

Not yet. Long process. The preliminary review of my financials is almost complete, then an offer, then the due diligence of the practice. If we come to terms I will still have to work 2 years for them during the transition. Stressful. 

It actually was not that painful. I did adversely reacted to the lidocaine shots before the stitches were placed.  My blood pressure dropped and I felt dizzy. Once I laid down it normalized.

I’m not a big karma fan but my wife became a believer today. She had airline tickets to visit my son and grandchildren the week of my surgery in February and had to cancel.  We are now suppose to meet up again on Monday. If the dog remains sick I’ll just stay behind and play vet. 

You're selling your business? Does that mean you're going to change your username? How about @AccidentProne1 :laughbounce2:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

May... maybe you should not be riding electric unicycles, Rehabby.  :blink:  Or sign up for the frequent flyer card at the clinic.  Be sure to get it punched on the way out (just watch your fingers while doing so).  :whistling:  

Lol! Can’t believe they remembered me. Funny... my wife is now ok with me riding again. 

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Seriously though what the heck... you made it through Father's Day this year (thank God!). :innocent1:  Let's try to get to 2019 intact from now on.  People are dropping like flies. We need to keep our EUC members safe!

Ah yes... I did happen to stay away from the lake last weekend. 2019?  I rarely make plans out that far. I do conduct a daily vertical test to make sure I’m alive when I first wake up. ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

You're selling your business? Does that mean you're going to change your username? How about @AccidentProne1 :laughbounce2:

Figure since I’ll have more time to ride and contribute to the forum how does @martybacke Jr. sound?  :cheers:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Are you selling to corporate?  If you are, be careful as they will work you to the bone to meet their quotas.  I'm not familiar with your industry, but I've heard stories where people have to pay back $200,000 per year to the corp because they didn't produce the numbers promised.  I'd read the contract with a magnifying glass.  They lure you in with the big figures, and then they got you by the neck.

Thanks for your concerns but no this company is not that way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I can’t catch a freakin break!  Preparing to go on vacation tomorrow and I slip on a rock cleaning my pond 2 hours ago that resulted in a gash/ puncture wound between my 4/5 th fingers. 2 stitches is all.  The nurse still remembered me from 5 months ago. And now my dog is sick. This totally sucks!!

28102732567_a16b4d2ce1_b.jpg29099136158_d72af4f1c6_b.jpg28102740397_74f456c3be_b.jpg

All your need now is a shield on your back and some greed paint....goooo turtle power....b5d8ea72ecff50b2e2dfd78d56a0c06f.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, novazeus said:

don’t take ur wheel to gatlinburg, u might be tempted to try deals gap, and i might need helicopter advice if my real estate deal goes thru. i’m looking at a new md500e?

Are you a chopper pilot or just thinking about purchasing a million dollar helicopter?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Are you a chopper pilot or just thinking about purchasing a million dollar helicopter?

i think the new ones are closer to two million, unless u can get me a deal on one. 

no, not a pilot but i figure i can do it. built and flew rc helis.rode in a bell jet ranger once. 

i know i’m not a plane guy, too boring. if i keep a place here and get a place like in the keys, Bob and i gotta be a little more mobile.

these people i’m talking to next week are talking about taking 300+ acres. that would be a gigantic medical office campus. it’s a big deal. i’ll need write offs.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

My hand will easily survive but my vacation won’t. I’ll now be watching my sick dog and the other one while my entire family heads to Gatlinburg. This is so grueling to accept but I love my dogs and bringing in a perfect stranger to dog sit at my home would be unacceptable at this point. 

Sorry to hear about your vacation...  There is always upside (For us on the Forum), you get to spend more time here and share your experiences on two of most talked about EUC's, MCM5 and V10F.  Your dogs are lucky dogs and I'm sure they will pay you back with LOVE... :cheers:

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

My hand will easily survive but my vacation won’t. I’ll now be watching my sick dog and the other one while my entire family heads to Gatlinburg. This is so grueling to accept but I love my dogs and bringing in a perfect stranger to dog sit at my home would be unacceptable at this point. 

Yeah got it, mine is gone since years and still miss him a lot.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Electroman said:

Very sweet, I bet also a very good friend, loyal and honest. ?

Bob is the sweetest dog ever. he’s so handsome, this picture makes me happy and i hope cheers up other people. the real thing is the best.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well I guess I'm official in club @Rehab1 despite it is only minor injuries I got from my accident today. @Scatcat was there as we were testing a parking lot for speeding and breaking. 

I am not sure what happened except there were so.e scattered sharp pepples on the tarmac. And of course one bigger fist size rock. 

I were cruising near tiltback speed, say 28ish kph on my Inmotion v8 when I hit something I could feel it through the wheel. These it started to wobble, not too worried I relax to regain control then I hit the rock goes airborne (forgot parachute) as wheel decided to leave me behind. Luckily I were "fully geared up"(wrists, knees, albows - gards and full face helmet). I landed more or less flad on my back(pack and buttom). Wheel took some hit as got a flat tyre, despite being slimmed. After a bath trying to clean up wounds I came to my senses thinking maybe just maybe a nice summer nurse would do a better job...right @Hunka Hunka Burning Love ?

Writing as I am waiting in E&A.

Deep hole in arm and loss of skin on a fingertip and bruised buttom/lower back.

Resized_20180705_182723_8793.jpeg

Ouch. Glad the damage isn't too bad. Any idea why the elbow pads didn't protect your arm? What brand are they? How bad do you think it would have been without protection? 

8 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Ouch. Glad the damage isn't too bad. Any idea why the elbow pads didn't protect your arm? What brand are they? How bad do you think it would have been without protection? 

I think the issue is that if the elbow pads arent attached firmly enough then the friction between them when falling and the asphalt will make the slide off.

Soon we will have to dress up like the bloody Michelin man/Michelin tyre man just to stand on these things. ?

..on serious note, sucks and painful I am sure but could at least take comfort in the fact that you did not brake bones and end up with complicated fractures taking forever to heal.

The more of these I see the more I rethink protection and how to do it effectively as possible, will never be fully safe on the EUC but if getting closer to it it is forward imho.

• Upvote 2