Rehab1´s accident(s)

Rehab1

4 hours ago, esaj said:

Just the fact that you've still continued riding after the accident is something I tip my hat to. I might have thrown in the towel completely after something like that.

I smell, whatsitcalled, something to do with a bull... bullshoe? ;)

I’m amazed by @Rehab1‘s ability to take it all with good humor. I also sense a "disturbance in the force" with a seriously dog-like, snarling, feminime, wifey taste to it.

Edited by Scatcat
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/2/2018 at 3:45 AM, Scatcat said:

I’m amazed by @Rehab1‘s ability to take it all with good humor. I also sense a "disturbance in the force" with a seriously dog-like, snarling, feminime, wifey taste to it.

You do have to laugh at yourself! Actually my wife was ok with me riding yesterday and saw the video and said it was cool. That is a huge leap!

On another front the husband of our recently divorced neighbors hit a parked semi truck last night with his bicycle while training for a triathlon. I’m not sure how fast he was going. According to his ex-wife he has 35 stitches in his face and 20 in his tongue along with broken ribs. He did have a helmet on. My wife cringed hearing this story. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

You do have to laugh at yourself! Actually my wife was ok with me riding yesterday and saw the video and said it was cool. That is a huge leap!

On another front the husband of our recently divorced neighbors hit a parked semi truck last night with his bicycle while training for a triathlon. I’m not sure how fast he was going. According to his ex-wife he has 35 stitches in his face and 20 in his tongue along with broken ribs. He did have a helmet on. My wife cringed hearing this story. 

So basically she's worried for you. That's love actually... ❤️

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, z3n said:

:shock2:

I wonder what was he doing with his tongue at that time?

Hunka could come up with a lot of stories, but my best guess is that it was caught between his teeth when kissing the ground...

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, z3n said:

I wonder what was he doing with his tongue at that time?

33 minutes ago, esaj said:

Hunka could come up with a lot of stories, but my best guess is that it was caught between his teeth when kissing the ground...

I assume when his head hit the bottom of the tractor trailer his jaw was forced down onto his extended tongue. They found him unconscious so he doesn’t remember. No one knows how long he was lying there. According to the ex wife they had to piece his tongue back together again.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, esaj said:

The tongue does have a bad habit of dangling :dribble:.

peterbilt_091_jpg.jpg

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
Made a bit more sfw

Well, this thread took a full Sunday to get through. It reminds me of how dangerous this is, but more importantly, what interesting people it attracts. After a collapsed landing gear on the landing of my club’s Bonanza, the ensuing BS with insurance and FAA was the last straw, and I needed something to replace flying. In came EUC, and a fractured fifth metatarsal on day three. It took me six weeks to get back on the wheel, and six months to walk normally. Now, I see how good I had it.

Edited by yasbean
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

On another front the husband of our recently divorced neighbors hit a parked semi truck last night with his bicycle while training for a triathlon. I’m not sure how fast he was going. According to his ex-wife he has 35 stitches in his face and 20 in his tongue along with broken ribs.

Yuck......

• 3 weeks later...

A very near accident I had yesterday. (9b1 c+, 64yo, 720 miles).

Traveling relatively slow, 8mph, on a side residential street. I saw a jeep backing out of a steep driveway. I slowed and drifted over to the right as I knew he wouldn't look hard enough to see me and he was backing out pretty fast. Judging his momentum I figured I'd squeeze between him and the curb fairly safely as he came to a stop. I gave him the obligatory inconsiderate basterd schowl but not quite the Jesus Christ ya almost killed me stare reserved for the Right Hand Turners who seem to want to inbed an addition passenger.

At just the instant I came even with his right front bumper with at least oh 6 to 12 microscopic inches to spare, he guns the engine to 12 million rpm and drops it into 1st gear.

The jeep developed fangs, lurches forward and trys to eat me. Luckly, I am now about even with the driveway he just came out of. Instinctively I fall to the Right to head/fall upwards into it, hoping both legs don't succumb to the snarling right front tire. The worse panic wobbles ever. But I stayed upright somehow. He tears out. I bounce up the drive and spot the heaven like sidewalk and angle left onto it still in contact (somewhat) with my euc still in full wobble... But alive !!!

Just as I'm taking a body count and patting myself on the back... It happens.

It been raining all morning and everything is stiil wet. As often happens, the rain had washed down over the sidewalk directly in my path a most beautiful although deep patch of fine dirt sediment awash with fresh mud.

After all the cusing and acrobatics it turns out that i am about to have an Unscheduled Dismount after all.

Yes, indeed (:

20180610_153806.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jesus, dude! Who did you piss off in your last life to keep getting all this bad luck?

Hope you are on the mend none of this prevents your trip. I'd like to think of you enjoying Cades Cove (just don't go to Gatlinburg...terrible tourist trap)

Am I to assume that since you get to go on vacation you have managed to off-load your practice? 

• Like 1

That puncture looks painful. I don't even view it as bad luck, that's the scary part.  It's been a while since I've gone down and even though I don't believe in karma, my internal accident clock is ticking loudly that I'm due.  I guess that makes me a pessimist.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Jesus, dude! Who did you piss off in your last life to keep getting all this bad luck?

Probably an ex- employee that just died. 

18 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Hope you are on the mend none of this prevents your trip. I'd like to think of you enjoying Cades Cove (just don't go to Gatlinburg...terrible tourist trap)

It just happened. I can carry the wheels in my other hand. I had hoped to leave in the morning for Cades Cove and then meet up in Gatlinburg with family on Monday but my one labradoodle was diagnosed with kennel cough this morning. Not sure what to do as the kennel will not accept either dog now. 

26 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Am I to assume that since you get to go on vacation you have managed to off-load your practice? 

Not yet. Long process. The preliminary review of my financials is almost complete, then an offer, then the due diligence of the practice. If we come to terms I will still have to work 2 years for them during the transition. Stressful. 

24 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

That puncture looks painful. I don't even view it as bad luck, that's the scary part.  It's been a while since I've gone down and even though I don't believe in karma, my internal accident clock is ticking loudly that I'm due.  I guess that makes me a pessimist.  

It actually was not that painful. I did adversely reacted to the lidocaine shots before the stitches were placed.  My blood pressure dropped and I felt dizzy. Once I laid down it normalized.

I’m not a big karma fan but my wife became a believer today. She had airline tickets to visit my son and grandchildren the week of my surgery in February and had to cancel.  We are now suppose to meet up again on Monday. If the dog remains sick I’ll just stay behind and play vet. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Probably an ex- employee that just died. 

It just happened. I can carry the wheels in my other hand. I had hoped to leave in the morning for Cades Cove and then meet up in Gatlinburg with family on Monday but my one labradoodle was diagnosed with kennel cough this morning. Not sure what to do as the kennel will not accept either dog now. 

Not yet. Long process. The preliminary review of my financials is almost complete, then an offer, then the due diligence of the practice. If we come to terms I will still have to work 2 years for them during the transition. Stressful. 

It actually was not that painful. I did adversely reacted to the lidocaine shots before the stitches were placed.  My blood pressure dropped and I felt dizzy. Once I laid down it normalized.

I’m not a big karma fan but my wife became a believer today. She had airline tickets to visit my son and grandchildren the week of my surgery in February and had to cancel.  We are now suppose to meet up again on Monday. If the dog remains sick I’ll just stay behind and play vet. 

give ur dog cannabis oil, not cdb oil, to cure his kennel cough.

trust me, it will cure him in 24 hours. i’ve cured premie calves witn pneumonia that pharmaceuticals could not. i know animals.

Edited by novazeus

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

42070829675_b1ab1bb1b7_b.jpg

nope, teaching ur dog to smoke a joint won’t work, he has to ingestthe cannabis oil. i know u hang out with doctors, but they are waay behind in this discovery. 

my admitting nurse at the proton center in jax and doctors are actually now telling patients about my success and recommending cannabis.

• Like 1

Mr. King,

I can't say that I disagree with you!  I use your case as an example for a lot of patients, not only with prostate cancer but other sites we treat.  In fact, we have been known to recommend cannabis for some of our patients now that it is legal for medical purposes.  I am very pleased with the results that you have from its use and thank you for all your personal research.  As far as your PSA getting to zero, you likely will not see that.  Like you said, you do have a functioning prostate and it is producing PSA.  I think you have found your nador!    

I am glad you're doing well and love the picture of Bob!  Keep it up and keep me informed.  I always look forward to hearing from you.

Barb

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I can’t catch a freakin break!  Preparing to go on vacation tomorrow and I slip on a rock cleaning my pond 2 hours ago that resulted in a gash/ puncture wound between my 4/5 th fingers. 2 stitches is all.  The nurse still remembered me from 5 months ago. And now my dog is sick. This totally sucks!!

28102732567_a16b4d2ce1_b.jpg

awww damn. youre a little unlucky. A lot. Man that sucks.. :( i hope you have a speedy recovery

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

May... maybe you should not be riding electric unicycles, Rehabby.  :blink:  Or at least sign up for the frequent flyer card at the clinic.  Be sure to get it punched on the way out (just watch your fingers while doing so).  :whistling:  

Seriously though what the heck... you made it through Father's Day this year (thank God!). :innocent1:  Let's try to get to 2019 intact from now on.  People are dropping like flies. We need to keep our EUC members safe!

PS: soaking your hand in Palmolive isn't going to help that wound!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I feel so bad for my dog. He’s sick. 

42972553561_807c83abb7_b.jpg

since u already bought it, give him that cdb oil u got and wouldn’t take if u think whoever u got it from is reputable. no oversight on these cdb oil people.