Rehab1´s accident(s)

Rehab1

19 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Whoop, whoop....

A new contest invented and sponsored by @Rehab1 :-)

if i win...i will sponsor the money to a good purpose, also.

It will support my unhealthy EUC addiction:-)

No fancy tricks, jumps or distances. They only skill required this time is being able to count. ;)

Heck we might even see @Hirsute compete for round 2.  :) 

I was directed to @Rehab1 thread about ACM studs by the "notifications" button.  Imagine my horror/surprise when I came across this post (written maybe one day before THIS thread became necessary):   

:( In another post, I said those spikes would not bite you @Rehab1 in an accident.  So, did they or didn't they? 

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

In another post, I said those spikes would not bite you @Rehab1 in an accident.  So, did they or didn't they? 

Edited 2 hours ago by Smoother

Hard to say. The spikes never bit me by held my feet firmly grounded to the pedals. I think as the wheel flipped after hitting the ground it rotated my body. With the ACM's combined inertia and torque it twisted me into a very unsatisfactory position when I hit the pavement. I did prove my point....the studded pedals do keep your feet from moving.:)

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Hard to say. The spikes never bit me by held my feet firmly grounded to the pedals. I think as the wheel flipped after hitting the ground it rotated my body. With the ACM's combined inertia and torque it twisted me into a very unsatisfactory position when I hit the pavement. I did prove my point....the studded pedals do keep your feet from moving.:)

Yeah but if you stepped off at that speed you may have broken a knee cap, or hip; so who really knows in the long run.  I think your problems really began when you confused EUCing with Olympic gymnastics; it's not a good idea to stick the landing.  Baseball is the better analogy by trying to emulate sliding into home base. A good argument for hard-shelled (slippery) guards

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm out of "ups" today.  2 years!!!!!! that's a long time to wait to find out.  I didn't even know there was such a thing as a shoulder transplant.  Seriously, nipples AGAIN?! I don't think @Marty Backe can fix this one. One day, all this will be a distant memory for you.  But until then, just keep doing what the doctors bill you for.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Sorry, I'm out of "ups" today.  2 years!!!!!! that's a long time to wait to find out.  I didn't even know there was such a thing as a shoulder transplant.  Seriously, nipples AGAIN?! I don't think @Marty Backe can fix this one. One day, all this will be a distant memory for you.  But until then, just keep doing what the doctors bill you for.

No problems!

That would be a nasty surgery. Thankfully there is blood flow as a partial hinge of the shatter humeral head remained intact. I see kids all of the time that have a condition called leg perthes. The femoral head is dying from lack of blood flow. Being they are young we place them in a A Frame leg brace for 2 years until the head regains blood flow and the ball and socket regenerates new bone. 

Edited by Rehab1

59 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

This morning I blew away my orthopedist’s expectations. The xrays look great. Everything is aligned. Staples are out. Unfortunately it will be 2 years before they can determine if the blood supply to my humeral head is adequate enough to keep it nourished. If not I will need an entire shoulder transplant.

im glad youre ok for now :) 

• Like 1

2 years sounds like alot. I am sure that the doctors recommmend their best options, however I don't trust that doctors actually are up to date on procedures and technologies. I would take a look at what the researchers say to see if there are options that could save your shoulder before enough time has passed for the shoulder head to die.

3 minutes ago, exoplanet said:

2 years sounds like alot. I am sure that the doctors recommmend their best options, however I don't trust that doctors actually are up to date on procedures and technologies. I would take a look at what the researchers say to see if there are options that could save your shoulder before enough time has passed for the shoulder head to die.

should i give you red like or green? :D 

you should add like a signature like "my likes are red" or "red is the new green" "i like red likes" :D

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

This morning I blew away my orthopedist’s expectations. The xrays look great. Everything is aligned. Staples are out. Unfortunately it will be 2 years before they can determine if the blood supply to my humeral head is adequate enough to keep it nourished. If not I will need an entire shoulder transplant.

Rehab1, doctors given you any odds for malunion?

I truly hope you get away with a perfect union of humeral head and no avascular necrosis, enough is enough you deserve to heal up now and free of complications, it sucks to be in limbo and just wait when our bodies on the line.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

It's even nice for non medical reasons. 

fountain of youth.

if i had listened to my doctors and big pharma, i woulda already been dead a long time, just saying.

Edited by novazeus

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@The Fat Unicyclist Hurry! Nipple alert! Get out the band-aids!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I added a flashing light to my ACM arm patch. When kiddos push the button it turns on. Fun!

that video made me laugh :D 

the irony.. Running around with an arm patch that was caused by the acm and then having a blinking acm on it :D the irony is real

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

It is just a waiting game . The blood flow to the humeral head was disrupted from the break but a portion of bone was still attached that is currently vascularizing ( supplying some blood) to the head. 

Below is a picture of a sound anatomical head. Nice and round ball with an even articulating surface of the socket.

26555454238_0f42e1c274_b.jpg

This is a photo of avascular necrosis of a humeral head. The head is decaying due to lack of blood flow. 

26555453308_7199bc2f2e_b.jpg

I had one of the top trauma orthopedists in the area perform the surgery. That is why it took a week before surgery could be scheduled. I just need to be active and exercise daily to increase the blood circulation throughout my entire body and pray for the best.

I healed exceptionally well. No more sling. After another month I can begin rehab on my shoulder to gain range of motion. No high fives yet. :)

Glad to hear and good news so far,  such a good thing you have access to that kind of expertise in the states and might even have saved you.

Think positive my friend and do those exercises, I am actually impressed sling is off already, good news indeed.

• Like 1