Jump to content

any tires and tubes that fit the tesla? or evwn tubless?


Recommended Posts

so i have a flat gotway tesla i have disasebled it

now i just need some tires to put on it

i have hear people on this forum have converted to tubeless. But is this possible on the tesla? And if it is how to do it?  And do you know any places i can buy replacement tires for it? 

wp_ss_20180126_0002 (2).png

Edited by Shad0z
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have not converted any off my wheels yet (just have not had a flat yet) but I think you just have to install a proper valve stem and add some sealer to the wheel , not like slime but more like a rim sealer for a motorcycle rim . I also think it would be a smart idea to go tubeless as far as making a repair after a flat and really dont understand why the manufacturers use tubes as I think all wheels have solid rims with no spokes. Good luck on the conversion .

Edited by Steve Persona
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Steve Persona said:

I have not converted any off my wheels yet (just have not had a flat yet) but I think you just have to install a proper valve stem and add some sealer to the wheel , not like slime but more like a rim sealer for a motorcycle rim . I also think it would be a smart idea to go tubeless as far as making a repair after a flat and really dont understand why the manufacturers use tubes as I think all wheels have solid rims with no spokes. Good luck on the conversion .

do you know if the acm16 has the same tire as the tesla?

i will take it to a bike repair shop or a motor bike repair shop

if i can convert it to tubeless then i could as well just do that now since i have the whole thring stripped down

besides the axle nuts wich i have been told to not touch 

 

damn i just saw some euc videos i havent had my tesla with me the last 4 days..

harsh times :wacko:

Edited by Shad0z
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure but I do believe that that is correct about the tire size being the same as a acm and yes this would be the perfect time to convert ( the tire that is :lol:) I will try and check some specs on wheel size and possibly post back with confirmation of size later .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Steve Persona said:

acm 

Size: 16"; 57-305 @16x1.95 should be able to take the old tire to the bike shop and match with something with the proper tubeless tire.

 Looks like the tesla is a 16 x 2.125 size .

ok thanks! :) i will 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PaintedBLK said:

@Shad0z could you upload pics of video of the teardown, i have the same issue with my Tesla and looking for instructions on the teardown.

Either in the video thread or the Gotway section there is a video that shows the complete tear-down of the Tesla.

All of these wheels are generally easy to take apart once you open the side panels. For the Tesla you have to "pop off" the from and rear covers which will give you access to more screws.

So I would take off the two side panels via the 4-screws each side, and then remove the front and rear panels (no screws involved). From there it's just a matter of removing screws.

I haven't opened my Tesla yet, but I would assume it's like the other wheels. You don't have to touch the control board or motor wires. Just remove all the screws that keep the two shell halves attached, remove the non-control board side shell from the pedal bracket, and then you can pivot the non-control board shell up to gain full access to the tire for replacement.

I still don't know why @Shad0z fully disassembled his wheel. That level of disassembled is only required if you are replacing the motor.

Do you really need to replace the tube? Have you tried Slime yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Either in the video thread or the Gotway section there is a video that shows the complete tear-down of the Tesla.

All of these wheels are generally easy to take apart once you open the side panels. For the Tesla you have to "pop off" the from and rear covers which will give you access to more screws.

So I would take off the two side panels via the 4-screws each side, and then remove the front and rear panels (no screws involved). From there it's just a matter of removing screws.

I haven't opened my Tesla yet, but I would assume it's like the other wheels. You don't have to touch the control board or motor wires. Just remove all the screws that keep the two shell halves attached, remove the non-control board side shell from the pedal bracket, and then you can pivot the non-control board shell up to gain full access to the tire for replacement.

I still don't know why @Shad0z fully disassembled his wheel. That level of disassembled is only required if you are replacing the motor.

Do you really need to replace the tube? Have you tried Slime yet?

slime didnt work.. And yes i need to replace the tube

right now my half tesla with the wheel part is at the

bike store and theyre ordering some tubes that fit and maybe even some tubeless tires :D

the reason i didnt do it myself is the lack of tools and 

it was just faster for them to repair it for me

they can order tubes and tires that will be at their store so they can replace the tube in a few days

while i would need to wait a few weeks to get my tubes 

if i ordered online

but i will be out rolling soon again in a few days;) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PaintedBLK said:

@Shad0z could you upload pics of video of the teardown, i have the same issue with my Tesla and looking for instructions on the teardown.

i dont have photos and video of the dissasembly but i

can explain it to you:

 

 

first you remove the two side covers each with 4 screws

first remove the pedals

then remove the batteries you have to disconnect some of the cables but remember! Take pictures of them so you can remember how to put it back together again

now you can remove the battery. do that on both sides

now you locate the two control board screws with washers unscrew them and take out the control board and put it in one side of the shell where the batteries were

now you locate all screws in the shell first you unscrew all of the screws sitting near the axle nut on both sides

and then after that there should be a few hidden screws around the shell remember to get out the screws on both sides!

when all screws you can see are out then 

now you have to take off the shiny plastic rims tat are on 

they are on the handle all the way down to where the wheel starts

start by using a flat thing you can get under the plastic then pry it up until it click oit of place do that all the way and then on the other side

under those you will see a lot of screws around the edge

loosen those and then you can lift up one half of the shell

if youre having trouble lifting it up and it is line something is still holding it together then just look for more screws look around if there are any hidden screws and look if you forgot one.

good luck

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Shad0z said:

 

slime didnt work.. And yes i need to replace the tube

right now my half tesla with the wheel part is at the

bike store and theyre ordering some tubes that fit and maybe even some tubeless tires :D

the reason i didnt do it myself is the lack of tools and 

it was just faster for them to repair it for me

they can order tubes and tires that will be at their store so they can replace the tube in a few days

while i would need to wait a few weeks to get my tubes 

if i ordered online

but i will be out rolling soon again in a few days;) 

So the reason that you took it totally apart was so that you could bring just the motor/tire to the bike store. OK, I understand.

But for everyone else (such as @PaintedBLK), this level of disassembly is not required to change a tube.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

So the reason that you took it totally apart was so that you could bring just the motor/tire to the bike store. OK, I understand.

But for everyone else (such as @PaintedBLK), this level of disassembly is not required to change a tube.

are you sure? it looked pretty impossible to get anywhere close to the tube when the tesla is put together...

i remember looking at it with my dad and we were pretty sure it wasnt possible then we went to the bike shop to see their opinion

the tesla is a very closed design not that much space to get to the tube and replace it... 

they said they couldnt get to the tube when it was put together so we disasebled it and now they can get to the tube replaced

i dont really eaither see any other way that it was possible to replace the tube...

Edited by Shad0z
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Shad0z said:

are you sure? it looked pretty impossible to get anywhere close to the tube when the tesla is put together...

i remember looking at it with my dad and we were pretty sure it wasnt possible then we went to the bike shop to see their opinion

the tesla is a very closed design not that much space to get to the tube and replace it... 

they said they couldnt get to the tube when it was put together so we disasebled it and now they can get to the tube replaced

i dont really eaither see any other way that it was possible to replace the tube...

Since I haven't taken my Tesla apart I can't answer with absolute authority. But every Gotway wheel that I've seen allows you to remove the tire from the motor from the non-control board side of the wheel. Yes, you have to separate both sides of shell, but only the non-control board shell has to be lifted up to gain complete access to tire.

When you put yours back together, tell me if this is not true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Since I haven't taken my Tesla apart I can't answer with absolute authority. But every Gotway wheel that I've seen allows you to remove the tire from the motor from the non-control board side of the wheel. Yes, you have to separate both sides of shell, but only the non-control board shell has to be lifted up to gain complete access to tire.

When you put yours back together, tell me if this is not true.

its about what i did i seperated the two parts of the shell and took off the side with the lift up handle and now i have acess to the tire so it should be true

and since the control board is in the top and in the middle of both sides it can easily be taken out and put on the side of the shell thats still on 

and to be honest it wasnt as bad taking it apart as i thought... its just about finding all the screws, disconecting some wires and taking off the glossy plastic rim

then its pretty much just lift up

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Steve Persona @Shad0z

The majority of 16” EUC’s are 16” x 2.125” tires, including the ACM and the Tesla.

16” x 1.95” tires are interchangeable with the above size, as it’s just slightly thinner (ie. the limitations are just rim width, shell clearance)

speedyfeetUK sells thinner 16” off-road knobby Schwalbe tires because they proved to fit on a 16” Ninebot One E+.

In my searches, tubeless does not seem to be an option for the 16”x 2.125”/1.95” standard simply due to lack of supply/existence. 

As most all EUC tires are borrowed / repurposed small scooter / motorbike / motorcycle (Monster) tires, we are at their mercy I believe.

Also FWIW, tubeless tire standards tend to be significantly wider than bike or EUC tires, minimum 3”, usually wider (another reason why I’m personally clamoring for wider EUC tires; more options, supply sources).

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

Tubeless Tesla @Shad0z

Indont know if you ever managed, but i ordered a shitload of valve stems with different fastenings and even after dremelling down the rim to fit the stem its looking close to impossible (not sure how thick the rim os and dont wanna go through all the way to the hub motor :) ).

Sure, i can fit the stem, but not the nut.

If i use inverted stem (nut inside) i cant fit the stem. If i use rubber grommet, i wont be able to fit the tyre it seems as it rides up on the edge where tyre seals :D

 

15895716288257356408822601393252.jpg

Edited by Boogieman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

Tubes are tricky. Not only do they need to be angled but angled in somewhat the right direction.

I can be a hit and miss.

If the tube is flexible then you can force the valve the way in needs to be but you increase the chance of tube failure around the valve. Depends on the tube, material and valve angle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...