Curiosity about Testla motor wires (Hall/FOC)

Hello,

I was watching a friend replacing a Tesla mainboard.

I saw only three wires coming out from motor and connected to the mainboard wires. So I think they are 3 phase power wires.

I expected also Hall sensors wires coming out from the motor, but we haven't seen them.

Is Tesla or other GW products using only F.O.C. (Field Oriented Control), so no need for other wires ?

Fabio

49 minutes ago, fabio70mi said:

Hello,

I was watching a friend replacing a Tesla mainboard.

I saw only three wires coming out from motor and connected to the mainboard wires. So I think they are 3 phase power wires.

I expected also Hall sensors wires coming out from the motor, but we haven't seen them.

Is Tesla or other GW products using only F.O.C. (Field Oriented Control), so no need for other wires ?

Fabio

Imho someone wrote here sometimes that motor wires and hall sensor wires exit the motor at different sides at the axles?

Yes, there's several connectors. For LED's, for ON/OFF switch, charging port and for Hall sensors. 

I had disassembled my Mten3 (for battery mod) and I am sure that there's wires from Hall sensors. 

As per other forum members, the mainboards of Tesla and Mten3 are identical 

45 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Imho someone wrote here sometimes that motor wires and hall sensor wires exit the motor at different sides at the axles?

Not on the Tesla....Ks18s yes

31 minutes ago, fabio70mi said:

This make sense
thank you

If you have open the tesla,  follow the motor wire very carefully, there are some other very small sensor wires splitting up from the 3 motor cables!

Here you can see the small sensor cables:

TttrWLz.jpg

The green one is very good to see!

Archived